vamo v2 and protank

Thread: vamo v2 and protank

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default vamo v2 and protank

I'm using a vamo v2 and protank and I have one specific protank that when I try to vape says "low ohm" but all my other protanks work fine. I've isolated it to be just an issue with a protank. I put it on a ego-t and nothing happens it's almost like juice is leaking out but I'm not sure. Any clue on what is happening or how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

First off, try screwing it in various amounts. I have some that will fail if they're screwed in too tightly. As an aside, that will also affect your air flow sometimes so you might want to play with it. Second, if that doesn't work just unscrew the coil and put a new one in.

Full Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Had this happen a few times with protank. Unscrew coil, screw back in, and it usually works.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just replaced it and it works but thank you! How often do coils need to be replaced typically?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by kinggirl View Post
    I just replaced it and it works but thank you! How often do coils need to be replaced typically?
    It's highly variable. First, the quality control isn't great. Second, it depends a lot on the juice you use. Thick, dark juices tend to clog them up quicker. Lastly, there's the question of whether or not you clean them.

With most juices, I tend to use them for a couple tankfuls, then toss the old ones into water to soak when I'm filling my tank at night. In the morning I rinse them pretty well, then toss them into some alcohol to soak while I'm away. Lastly, when I get home, I'll give them a rinse and let them soak in water again. With that process, I've only had one go bad in the seven weeks I've been using them. They do tend to produce less vapor with time but usually another rinse cycle cures that.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

low ohm on vamo v2 means your coil is measuring less than 1.2 ohms. replace the coil and it should be fine. The coils for my protank have lasted anywhere from 3 days to my current one which has been going 5 weeks so far and still hitting fine. I've heard some folks using 1 coil for 3 months before having to replace it.