Confused re EVOD heads - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Confused re EVOD heads

Hi,
    I have ONE liquid that gurgles with 2.5s, it's fine at with 1.8s!!!

Hi,
    I have ONE liquid that gurgles with 2.5s, it's fine with 1.8s!!!

Sorry about the double post (edit gone astray!).

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Kent C: I currently smoke roughly a half-pack a day of USA Gold box right now. Along with my kit, I ordered 15ml bottles each of 18mg/l and 12 mg/l, "4-Star General" tobacco type juice. Hopefully one of those will do as a starting point. (I'll be looking for my morning "buzz".) Then I can order some sample juice packs and probably the BWB coffee juices. Looking forward to that! I don't think I've "liked" the taste of a cigarette for a while now, so I wonder if I'll end up with tobacco-type juice as an all-day vape.

I was just reading a post in the New Members forum about a Kanger battery that went dead. Guess I should get a third battery if I find that vaping works for me.

Suss: Thanks for the observation! Noted.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin' In... View Post
    Kent C: I currently smoke roughly a half-pack a day of USA Gold box right now. Along with my kit, I ordered 15ml bottles each of 18mg/l and 12 mg/l, "4-Star General" tobacco type juice. Hopefully one of those will do as a starting point. (I'll be looking for my morning "buzz".) Then I can order some sample juice packs and probably the BWB coffee juices. Looking forward to that! I don't think I've "liked" the taste of a cigarette for a while now, so I wonder if I'll end up with tobacco-type juice as an all-day vape.

I was just reading a post in the New Members forum about a Kanger battery that went dead. Guess I should get a third battery if I find that vaping works for me.

A third battery is a good idea and get a "twist" type. That way you can adjust the voltage for the different heads and get a feel for how the voltage and ohms interact. One example below from where you purchased.

Joyetech eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 1000mAh Battery - MyFreedomSmokes.com

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin' In... View Post

I was a menthol smoker and became a menthol vaper for about the first 8-9 months and haven't vaped menthol much since. "All day vapes" is a good topic :-) Depends... if you're a coffee drinker and hate flavored coffees, then you might understand my view - none of my ADV's have overwhelming flavor. Cigarettes weren't. I save that area for good food. lol. However you want 'something' so about 6 flavors that I vape daily and only one - Absinthe - impinges on the taste buds. Habana Reserve is a non-tobacco tobacco (no tobacco absolute) but a slight tobacco taste from mesquite, a bit of black pepper and other herbs and spices, made by Decadent Vapours. The Ylang Ylang and Lotus Flower are just 'pleasant'. BWB Applewood, is a warm woody tobacco but light on the tobacco side as well as the apple. But.. that's just me. Some want the atomic red hot cinnamon zombie dragon blood stuff. And some of that is fun but not for an all day vape for me, anyway.

An eGo-c Twist (true joyetech) is a good choice. The 1000mAh is like a pool cue but it will last a while. I prefer the 650mAh. I can do the math so I don't need VV/VW mods And as I said above, with the 1.8ohm coils and a good 3.4-3.7V batt you can get the heat you need for tobacco flavors at much less cost as well. The Twist gives you a bit more range though. Much depends on the flavors you like.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Have you considered a Vision Spinner?

Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 900mAh

I own a Twist and a Spinner and I actually prefer the Spinner--works great and is a bit fatter and shorter than the Twist and the dial is much easier to read. Just a thought. But they are both good batteries.

If/when you order from BWB, grab a bottle of their medium menthol--very nice and smooth blend of tobacco and menthol. Definitely an all day vape. I agree with Kent--BWB coffees are good, I also mix espresso and Capp. Kona Kick with optional but recommended cream and chocolate from Ahlusion is also very good.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Without variable voltage, you may sometimes want 1.8's. I do.
    But without a ohm-reading device, you're gonna still get variance.
    In fact MOST of the 1.8's I put in test at 1.9 or 2.0.
    And I am using legit Kanger coils. They're just not accurate.
    So the diff between the kit coming with 2.5 and replacing with 2.2's is no big deal!

I know - I should build em. Just not my thing (I did a couple, but have decided to spend my tinkering time mixing juice instead).

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Train2 View Post
    I know - I should build em. Just not my thing (I did a couple, but have decided to spend my tinkering time mixing juice instead).
    Why?

I have zero desire to wind my own coils. Zero! I want the good people of Kanger to do it for me.

I also have no desire to rewire my toaster, for that matter.
    Nermal and Jcdew67 like this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

And.... the KISS principle for someone who acknowledges himself as a newbie and confused. Jumpin In - you shouldn't need another battery right away if you have two but if you want another just get a regular non-vv batt for now. You can experiment later. Find some flavors that you like at the wattage that is good using the different ohm coils for now. Get a good start, then shop. lol
    Last edited by Kent C; 09-18-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: ass u me 'ing sorry

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast