Kanger battery recall
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Kanger battery recall

Full Member Verified Member DSullivan's Avatar

Default Kanger battery recall

I just ordered a Kanger evod starter kit on ebay. Then I found out there is a recall on certain kanger batteries. Can anyone tell me which ones were recalled so I can check mine when it comes in? Thanks for any help on this.

​For those who understand, no explanation is necessary. If you don't, none will suffice.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

The recall notice was in July 2013....

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ry-recall.html

It was a shipment from Kanger to heaven gifts who are both a retailer and wholesaler - all vendors affiliated put out recall notices to their customers. It included:

The potential faulty EVOD batteries are as below:
    All EVOD 650mAh batteries in matte black, yellow, blue. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
    ALL EVOD 1000mAh batteries in yellow, green. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
    All EVOD starter kits in yellow. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
    ---

There were 6000 batts that were part of the recall and no way to tell how many made it back to Kanger.

I would tend to suspect batts sold on ebay or anywhere other than heaven gifts or their vendors.... but that's just me. If you could get any information from your seller as to where they got them and when, that might help.

Full Member Verified Member DSullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kent C View Post
    The recall notice was in July 2013....

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ry-recall.html

It was a shipment from Kanger to heaven gifts who are both a retailer and wholesaler - all vendors affiliated put out recall notices to their customers. It included:

The potential faulty EVOD batteries are as below:
    All EVOD 650mAh batteries in matte black, yellow, blue. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
    ALL EVOD 1000mAh batteries in yellow, green. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
    All EVOD starter kits in yellow. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
    ---

There were 6000 batts that were part of the recall and no way to tell how many made it back to Kanger.

I would tend to suspect batts sold on ebay or anywhere other than heaven gifts or their vendors.... but that's just me. If you could get any information from your seller as to where they got them and when, that might help.
    The battery I am getting is the EVOD 1000mAh but it is in BLACK. So I guess that means it is ok? Thanks for taking the time to help me
    Kent C likes this.

​For those who understand, no explanation is necessary. If you don't, none will suffice.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DSullivan View Post
    The battery I am getting is the EVOD 1000mAh but it is in BLACK. So I guess that means it is ok? Thanks for taking the time to help me
    Should be good then
    DSullivan likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran fairweasel2323's Avatar

I was going to order a Kanger EVOD 1000mAh battery now u got me worried. I was going to order a black one from Goidejuice.com I would think it be fine that they wouldn't be selling bad batteries??
    Kanger EVOD 650's
    EVOD BCC's

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by fairweasel2323 View Post
    I was going to order a Kanger EVOD 1000mAh battery now u got me worried. I was going to order a black one from Goidejuice.com I would think it be fine that they wouldn't be selling bad batteries??
    Goodejuice - and in 1000 mAh black - you will be fine.

I guess i found out the White Rhino is a 650mah battery? What i found from searching on here?? My brother thinks ill be fine with one battery but I dont know? I would go through all 3 sometimes just two of my 510s a day!
    Kanger EVOD 650's
    EVOD BCC's

I lost all of my 510s last night so went to local smoke shop and bought a White Rhino Liquid....it has a no wick clearo on it that holds 1.6ml (looks like a no wick CE4 ripoff) charger, and the battery which someone else posted a pic of one saying it was a 650mAh? I had nothing to vape with so got desperate and paid 35$ couldn't wait for the Kanger battery to get here I got more juice and these 1.8ohm Kanger clearos coming. I hope the 1.8ohm will be ok with this battery? and with the Kanger I was going to buy??
    Kanger EVOD 650's
    EVOD BCC's

maybe be best to order a EVOD 650mAh to keep it the same mAh as other battery. I have been a 510 user for years carts, to tanks then the kanger T4s now I ordered these 1.8ohm Kanger G5s, but I think its best to use same mAh battery with the same clearo or tanks??
    Kanger EVOD 650's
    EVOD BCC's

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fairweasel2323 View Post
    maybe be best to order a EVOD 650mAh to keep it the same mAh as other battery. I have been a 510 user for years carts, to tanks then the kanger T4s now I ordered these 1.8ohm Kanger G5s, but I think its best to use same mAh battery with the same clearo or tanks??
    1.8 ohms (any clearo) on the eGo or eVod will be ok. The Kanger T3, T3S, Evod are better sized for the ego-style batt, whereas the T4's and G5s are the diameter of the 510. They'll still work but the T3 holds 3ml of eliquid.

I know heaven gifts and good prophets sent all their bad Evod batts back to Kanger. I'm assuming that any of our ECF vendors did the same. It was the ebay connection that gave me pause..... and the OP's was the 'right' color and size so he's all set.
    DSullivan and fairweasel2323 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast