Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Please Help EVOD not working right

Default Please Help EVOD not working right

I have been using EVOD BCC for 3 weeks. I have one filled with menthol that I do not like too much, but it always works great. My other I have been using vanilla. Sometimes it is fine, sometimes it leaks, and now it doesn't seem to be working at all. So I am using the menthol one but it is only 6 mg and I like the vanilla better because of the taste and that it is 12 mg nicotine.

The vanilla is 50/50 pg/vg. Not sure what the menthol is. The batteries are is ego C.

So this last fill the battery doesn't seem to work on it. I tried the battery on the menthol and it's fine. Then I tried the battery from the menthol on the vanilla one and it doesn't work either. I also changed the coil on the vanilla. Don't know what else to try.

When I push the button down it sounds like gurgling and then when I draw I get yucky stuff in my mouth. So right now I am felling very frustrated.

If anyone can help, I sure would appreciate it.

2. Advertisement
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Try this method:

Super Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by linda19 View Post
    I have been using EVOD BCC for 3 weeks. I have one filled with menthol that I do not like too much, but it always works great. My other I have been using vanilla. Sometimes it is fine, sometimes it leaks, and now it doesn't seem to be working at all. So I am using the menthol one but it is only 6 mg and I like the vanilla better because of the taste and that it is 12 mg nicotine.

The vanilla is 50/50 pg/vg. Not sure what the menthol is. The batteries are is ego C.

So this last fill the battery doesn't seem to work on it. I tried the battery on the menthol and it's fine. Then I tried the battery from the menthol on the vanilla one and it doesn't work either. I also changed the coil on the vanilla. Don't know what else to try.

When I push the button down it sounds like gurgling and then when I draw I get yucky stuff in my mouth. So right now I am felling very frustrated.

If anyone can help, I sure would appreciate it.
    You've got a gurgling leaker. Try changing the head, (they're cheap enough).

Quote Originally Posted by 7sixtwo View Post
    You've got a gurgling leaker. Try changing the head, (they're cheap enough).
    Is the head the whole piece the coil is connected to or just the coil? Sorry - but I'm still kind of new and not sure of what all the terms mean.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by linda19 View Post
    Is the head the whole piece the coil is connected to or just the coil? Sorry - but I'm still kind of new and not sure of what all the terms mean.
    Hi

The coil is that entire assembly that screws into the base.

Whenever you have a problem with one of these Kanger devices not firing, the first thing to try is unscrewing the coil a bit and screwing it back into the base. Make sure it's screwed in firmly. It can take very little of the coil not being screwed into the base tight enough for you to have an electrical contact problem.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

linda19:I have been using EVOD BCC for 3 weeks. I have one filled with menthol that I do not like too much, but it always works great. My other I have been using vanilla. Sometimes it is fine, sometimes it leaks, and now it doesn't seem to be working at all. So I am using the menthol one but it is only 6 mg and I like the vanilla better because of the taste and that it is 12 mg nicotine.

So this last fill the battery doesn't seem to work on it. I tried the battery on the menthol and it's fine. Then I tried the battery from the menthol on the vanilla one and it doesn't work either.

Ok, so it isn't the center pin on the batteries.

I also changed the coil on the vanilla.

I'm with Rick on this one.... Sounds like the coil unit isn't fully seating in the base and therefore not connecting with the center pin of the batt - but it's the center pin on the clearo that's coming up short. And because both coils for vanilla didn't work, it's the threading in the base unit most likely rather than the threading on the coil unit - but clean both.

This is what I'd do - take the base unit and put it in high proof vodka for a half hour, take a Qtip and wipe out the threading on the base and the coil... tighten coil unit into base and if no joy take some needle nose pliers and pull the center pin on the clearo out just a bit...That center pin comes all the way out but you don't need to do that, just a little bit.

Also, take a look at the seals/orings on the menthol base and coil unit and compare to the vanilla, so they are all in the right place and not gunked up.

Also:
    http://www.sun-vapers.com/how-to-pre...3-clearomizer/
    Last edited by Kent C; 11-15-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    7sixtwo likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member Speedracer12's Avatar

The word Evod can mean several types of clearomizers. There is Kanger who makes the real Evod then there are the clones and clone coils. I have used Kanger Evods for 4 months now and never have I had a gurgle or leak. I use genuine Kanger coils as well.

Please Help EVOD not working right-evod.jpg

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Speedracer12 View Post
    The word Evod can mean several types of clearomizers. There is Kanger who makes the real Evod then there are the clones and clone coils. I have used Kanger Evods for 4 months now and never have I had a gurgle or leak. I use genuine Kanger coils as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	evod.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	273106
    While this is true, I got mine from Sun Vapers, a true Kanger vendor and mine gurgled... I tried some fixes but opted for the Kanger Tabac BCC's for volume and performance.
    Speedracer12 likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member Speedracer12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kent C View Post
    While this is true, I got mine from Sun Vapers, a true Kanger vendor and mine gurgled... I tried some fixes but opted for the Kanger Tabac BCC's for volume and performance.
    Sun Vapers is where I purchase most of my kanger products. 1 fix I used for a bit more vapor was to remove 1 flavor wick from each coil.
    Kent C likes this.

I want to thank Ken C so much. I did soak everything in vodka and clean it out. Then I refilled it but still no success. Then I remembered I had a spare brand new EVOD that came with the kit. I filled that one and it works wonderful! I'm so glad to know it's not me and I'm not a total idiot!! Now if I could figure out how to get the juice from the old one into the new one. Hate to waste a full tank.

When my husband comes home I will see if he can fool around with the pliers and fix the old one. Any idea how that happened? Did I do something wrong? I will definitely get some more EVOD bases to have a spare in case it happens again.

I don't think I could have made it this far - 3 weeks - without everyone's help. Thanks again.
    Kent C likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast