Originally Posted by Mindfield
Yes, I am also very much awaiting to get the Janty MiD in and try it out for myself, and see how it feels to drive this device with a joystick accelerator compared to a standard on/off button!!
Janty MiD vs. eVic
· eVic - On/Off Switch
· Janty MiD - Joystick accelerator
· eVic - Puff Counter
· Janty MiD - Puff Counter (Pull Data/Share Data)
· eVic - 3.0V to 5.0V
· Janty MiD* - 0V to 8.0V (3.0V to 6.0V-standard Out of Box)
· eVic - 2W to 15W
· Janty MiD* - 0W to 25W (4W to 15W-standard Out of Box)
· eVic - 114grams
· Janty MiD - 74grams
*Janty MiD with Optional MiD Extended software Module
The Modules are not required for the MiD to function, you can choose to buy modules individually, or as bundles with reduced cost. I believe that the Modules will be priced reasonably with some starting under $5.00 cost to own.
Out of the box the MiD One can do the following:
· Variable voltage from 3 to 6 volt
· You can save and use 4 different profiles to the MiD each with their own settings
· Use our free PC application, and the realtime monitoring
· We give everyone the user defined autosleep module for free as your first module
So basically, out of the box the MiD is a very capable variable voltage e-cigaret with editable profiles.
When you receive your MiD "One", you will be able to run module based extended functionalities for a limited time, after which it returns to it's out-of-the-box status which you have paid for.
There are many reasons we went the modular way with the MiD, but a few of the more important ones are:
· We want our customers to only pay for what they use rather than sell the MiD series with all functions enabled, which some customers wont be needing, this way we let the customers themselves decide.
· Through the use of modules it is possible to always add new functionality to the MiD series
· Through the use of modules it is possible for us to have the community interact with us, and suggest modules they want us to make for them
So basically, modules are there for you to explore and buy if you want the functionality they add.
In order to expand the functionality of your device to enjoy revolutionary functions such as Real Time Variable Voltage and Real Time Variable Wattage, or programming, saving and executing arbitrary vaping waveforms, pulsation vaping, and much much more, you can purchase MiD software modules or bundles at www.midseries.com from 15 January 2013 onwards.
What is the community for?
The community is the heart of the MiD what we are doing here is something we really have high hopes for.
The idea behind the community is to make a place where:
· You get to share your profiles, and test others out
· You get to discuss, interact, experiment with other users on everything MiD
· All atomisers and e-liquids in the world, should end up getting profiled; in numerous variations
But there are alot of uses for this let us show you a few examples:
You had a friend over, he tried your MiD and he is hooked: he wants it just like you have it, same MiD, same atomizer you are using. So he buys the MiD, buys the atomizer, and then he goes onto your profile and uses the profile you let him try that initially sold him onto the idea: And he will then without problems be vaping just like he was when he tried it with you.
The community is located at www.midseries.com, and will be active upon launch on 15 January 2013 this is also where you can find the store for purchasing modules for your MiD.
You have a youtube channel with alot of followers; you are testing a new atomizer, and a new liquid you love it and people are constantly asking you for information about this; Now you can simply upload your profile and point your followers to it - if they have a MiD they can now try out that juice, on that atomizer, just as you were vaping it, to re-create the exact experience you so fondly told them about.
And finally, the community of course is also a place for us to monitor and interact; its a place where new ideas and uses for the MiD will show first, and this is where we think alot of great new community modules will come from.