Page 2 of 645 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast
Like Tree6583Likes

Thread: Off To See The Wiz

Quote Originally Posted by hittman View Post
    Well I may as well keep up my reputation and make my first post a complaint. We got about three or four inches of snow so I got out the snowblower and it started really easy. Too easy. It ran for about three minutes, died, and won't start. I had to shovel almost the whole driveway and sidewalks. Not really in the budget right now for a new one.
    Welcome over Hitt! The thread would not be the same without a complaint! That does suck though. Sure you have gas and 40:1 in it? Sounds like the fuel line. Hope mine starts later,although our snow is expected to turn to rain at some point tonight.

I think it would be hard to find a new snowthrower now. Everyone is out of them here.

Wiz!
    Whiskey 2010-2012 Thanks for the Shot!l

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Dang the luck Hitt.
    Well, at least ya got yer health as they say..... and a shovel (-;
    hittman, CES, FranC and 1 others like this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . Home of The First and Best WTA . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . It's Not Just About Unflavored Anymore!. . . . . . . . . . .

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Good Morning Everyone. We are still in the midst of a snowstorm....and it seems if it isn't snowing it's colder then warts on a frog. Will be glad when this winter is over.

Neighbor told me that the Farmer's Almanac predicted this cold and snowy winter. She also said our summer prediction is hot.....just the way I like it.....come on warm weather I know you can get here in 3-4 months.
    CES, Fudgey and FranC like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wiz View Post
    Welcome over Hitt! The thread would not be the same without a complaint! That does suck though. Sure you have gas and 40:1 in it? Sounds like the fuel line. Hope mine starts later,although our snow is expected to turn to rain at some point tonight.

I think it would be hard to find a new snowthrower now. Everyone is out of them here.

Wiz!
    Yes I'm sure the fuel is good. I even shot some starting fluid in it and it still wouldn't start back. It was a yard sale buy several years ago. It's only about 35 years old. Maybe I can get it fixed under warranty. It just really needs to be replaced. It's been going downhill for a couple years.
    CES, FranC and keonee like this.

Sanity is overrated. I'd rather be happy.

PV Master ECF Veteran Jim Davis's Avatar

Reminds me when I moved to Houston. I sold my snow blower. The guy called me the next day, and said it was a piece of S----. I went over and found a rock in the Auger that sheared the drive pin.

No snow. Found out he got a load of stone for his driveway, and tried to use the snow blower to spread the stone.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Just when you think you can't be surprised by someone's stupidity, there's a story like that.
    CES, Fudgey, FranC and 1 others like this.

Sanity is overrated. I'd rather be happy.

They call me 'Tibs" Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Wiz View Post
    Morning OTD. That couch was pretty ratty! I bought everyone their own Lazyboy's and an 87" LED TV!

Hi PT! It is pretty clean here! Had a hard time pressing the button on the old thread. Lot's of good memories there!

Man! We are supposed to get another 5-7 inches of snow today and I have to work tonight! Getting there will be easy,getting home a different story!

Wiz!
    that i believe, wiz! and ''off to see the wiz'' is not a bad title. different, yes, but maybe also more fitting for now. and the memories we'll keep
    Last edited by tiburonfirst; 02-01-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Country gal Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good afternoon,folks We have 35 a a few snow flakes.
    keonee likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

LOL
    Moving gravel with a snow blower. That ranks right up there with the fellas that were using a lawn mower to trim hedges.
    Two guys, one mower, couple of ladders....... you know that didn't end well!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . Home of The First and Best WTA . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . It's Not Just About Unflavored Anymore!. . . . . . . . . . .

CES
    optimistic cynic Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hi Y'all

Did ya get everything unpacked?

After our apocalyptic, city closing, two inches of snow on Tuesday we're now in the mid-60's. Go figure.