EFVI - European Free Vaping Initiative
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: EFVI - European Free Vaping Initiative

Full Member Verified Member Clairvoy's Avatar

Default EFVI - European Free Vaping Initiative

Hello All!

My friend, Krisztián Pifko, started a new initiative, here You can find all information about it:
    webpage: EFVI: the European Free Vaping Initiative
    facebook: http://www.facebook.com/efvi.eu

In order to be able to register as an official European Citizens' Initiative we need seven citizens from seven different EU states to form the citizens' committee. Right now we need six more to start the campaign. If you would like to join the citizens' committee please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the following details:

your full name
    your postal address
    your nationality
    your date of birth

You need to be old enough to vote in European Parliament elections (18+ or 16+ in Austria). Please indicate if you are willing to take on the role of being a substitute contact person. Members of the European Parliament do not count towards the limit of seven persons.

Committee members so far: Krisztian PIFKO (Hungary).

Once the initiative has been registered we can start collecting signatures. We will have one year to collect one million statements of support from European citizens and to meet the required amount of minimum number of signatories collected at least in seven member states.

Spreading the word during this period is going to be crucial to succeed.

After successfully meeting the requirements:
    • Commission representatives will meet us so we can explain in detail the issues raised in our initiative
    • we will have the opportunity to present our initiative at a public hearing in the European Parliament
    • the Commission will adopt a formal response spelling out what action it will propose in response to the citizens' initiative, if any, and the reasons for doing or not doing so

While the Commission is not obliged to act on it, it is an agenda-setting initiative which obliges the Commission to give serious consideration to the requests made by us, citizens.

So, now the most important: We also need six more members for the citizens' committee to formally register the initiative. If you are interested or you know someone who might be interested, please do not hesitate.

Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Clairvoy; 07-22-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    Toby, Uma, Orb Skewer and 9 others like this.
    Up The Vapers!!!

ECF Founder Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Clairvoy,

Many thanks to you for letting us know about this, and to your friend Krisztián for organizing it.

This sounds like an excellent initiative and ECF will be behind it fully.

I will be in touch with Krisztián shortly.

SJ

Thank you very much, SmokeyJoe!
    Up The Vapers!!!

Full Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    Blog Entries

Keep the good work

And finally EFVI signature collection is now open! Let's make a change!
    Don't forget it's not a simple petition, it allows us to participate directly in the development of EU policies regarding electronic cigarettes!

EFVI: the European Free Vaping Initiative
    Uma, Orb Skewer, LaraC and 1 others like this.
    Up The Vapers!!!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Interactive voting map-hover mouse over member state to show votes cast

https://ec.europa.eu/citizens-initia.../public/map.do
    Uma, Clairvoy and AgentAnia like this.
    Vaping, is "even better than the real thing".
    ​“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.” ― Alice Walker

9000 for Lithuania? I'm not even sure whether there are 9000 vapers in Lithuania, vaping is quite new here, I've only seen 2 people vaping in public and both of them were at alternative music pub. We have our own forum here and it's not very active I must say, basically old members chatting with each other and a bunch of new members that are no longer active after 10 posts... I hope at least 7 countries will reach the minimum quota which was set quite high.
    However, let's make it happen, I will advertise this initiation on Lithuania's forums.
    Last edited by ExCon; 01-14-2014 at 04:09 AM.
    Uma likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm not sure how I can sign it - I'm a UK national living in France (with no UK address), and as such the UK specifies I should vote using the France page but that requires either a French ID card or passport number issued in France, neither of which I have.

I asked Krisztián (who organized this initative), he will investigate it... I'll be back with the answer
    Orb Skewer likes this.
    Up The Vapers!!!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Hungary are winning !

Vaping, is "even better than the real thing".
    ​“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.” ― Alice Walker

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast