Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree375Likes

Thread: Help the Twitterbomb - nightly, 1st December >> 9pm UTC >>

Forum Manager Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Help the Twitterbomb - nightly, 1st December >> 9pm UTC >>

For the next few days there will be a Twitterbomb at 21:00 UTC / 9pm GMT for 1 hour.

The idea is to get #EUecigban to the #1 spot in the trending list (the list is on the left side of your Twitter profile). We have been told that EU officials, MEPs, journalists and others monitor EU-related hashtags and we want to get a large EU-wide volume of tweets out there about the amazingly corrupt legislative process that clearly bends over backwards to protect major industries at the potential cost in this case of millions of lives. The EU Parliament voted against medicalisation of ecigs, now officials are trying to effect exactly the same thing by use of a tobacco product classification with ultra-strict regulations that are a de facto ban.

Please:
    1. Send as many tweets as you can
    2. Include messages about EU corruption, influence of the pharmaceutical industry, the undemocratic process, how the EU will be responsible for millions of preventable deaths, why they are doing this to protect pharma, they are protecting cigarette sales, etc.
    3. Use these hashtags: #EUecigban #ecigs #EU

If you don't use Twitter then get an account and start now. Let's make sure journalists know about this issue. Here's how:

1. Go to https://twitter.com
    2. Register, choose a username; your name and username will be displayed in each of your tweets so make sure you get it right first time - see one from Gerry Stimson in pic below

tweet.gif

3. The username is mainly so people can reply to you easily and search your past tweets
    4. Put something in your profile. If you are only going to tweet on this issue then put something like:
    Ecig user living in the EU gulag
    5. Twitter may not have much relevance to your daily life - but for community advocacy it is a really useful tool, and if you haven't used it before then now is the time
    6. Here's a typical message for this purpose - you can just copy and paste this into the text box if you like, though it's better if you create your own; keep the tags at the end the same, though:

Stop the EU banning ecigs by the back door #EUecigban #ecigs #EU

This is good: beginner guide to Twitter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_0HFQc3Bh8
    Last edited by rolygate; 12-07-2013 at 04:58 PM.
    low_tar_neil, DC2, Uma and 7 others like this.
    Forum Manager - contact
    more vapers = less oppression

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Bump .........
    Vaping, is "even better than the real thing".
    ​“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.” ― Alice Walker

ECF Founder Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Just to follow on from Roly's comprehensive overview - it's hard to overemphasise how important Twitter has been in generating support within Europe on fighting the EU's attempts to outlaw vaping. We've gained support from politicians, scientists and opinion makers that would have been difficult to get in any other medium.

I've used twitter for general interest for some time, and thought its main utility was as a sort of social aggregator for interest-specific links. I was wrong - it's much more than that.

One of the main reasons this Twittbomb is so important is that we know officials in the EU are monitoring twitter hashtags relating to the EU to guage sentiment. Hence, it's very important that the hashtags #EUecigban #ecigs #EU are used in these tweets.

Super Member Verified Member WelshVapour's Avatar

I've signed the petition, I've hounded my local vape store to get the petition out there, now I'm gonna use twitter! I'm in!
    Anjaffm likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Very sensible. I'm in.
    Anjaffm likes this.
    Proud owner of Itaste MVP v2/2xVamo V2/Vamo V5/ L-Rider Lambo 4/ Octopus RDA/2xIgo-L etc etc

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran AudreySchroder's Avatar

Do you have to live in Europe to sign the petition?

Regardless, I'll def. tweet and blog about it.

No, anyone can sign it - cheers Audrey!
    AudreySchroder and Anjaffm like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Bump................
    Vaping, is "even better than the real thing".
    ​“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.” ― Alice Walker

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Not knowing much about Twitter...

Are there specific targets to address the tweets to?
    Or do we just pick the targets and find their tweeter handles?

I don't Tweet other than the daily tweet links posted by thew92 so I'm a bit clueless.

Acoustically Sound Verified Member
    Supporting Member

How about some canned tweets for those of us who want to contribute but don't have the head-space to be original?

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast