2nd scientist calls out EUs fact twisting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 2nd scientist calls out EUs fact twisting

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Default 2nd scientist calls out EUs fact twisting

Dr Lynne E Dawkins this time-not a happy bunny

http://dropproxy.com/f/5C4
    Vaping, is "even better than the real thing".
    ​“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.” ― Alice Walker

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've seen some interesting comments this morning, relating to complaints from both Dawkins and Farsalinos, that the PTBs are damaging not just the EU's tobacco control efforts, but the EU itself, in the eyes of member states as well as worldwide.

I see the same thing happening in the US as well, as ANTZ and public health antis tactics are damaging public perception of the whole public health/non-profit/regulatory sector.

Evidently the fanatics' heads are so deep in the sand they don't see what's happening?

Join CASAA and get a FREEBIE!
    Click here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...a-members.html

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

The higher echelons know full well whats going down Ania, but where is their 'golden bridge' ?, the lower rungers are just marching to a tune, and being out of the circle that we occupy they might be excused for their ignorance, the 'top-dogs' have lines of communication just as we do, hence the sudden onslaught of media BS and public health drives-the 'old guard' are never ever going to do a U-turn at this stage, a glimmer I see is the media seems to have reached a tipping point and is ever so slowly steering toward 'the truth'.

The likes of 'Stan the Spanner' aint getting any younger either-who will step into his shoes with the same fevered lunacy ?
    Anjaffm, LaraC and sebt like this.
    Vaping, is "even better than the real thing".
    ​“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.” ― Alice Walker

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I like this one, short and sweet. Do not lie in my name, my science does not back your BS.

She said it in as polite a way as she could but that was the message.

sebt, Talyon, jpargana and 4 others like this.
    Support CASAA http://casaa.org/

Dragon Lady Supporting Member Anjaffm's Avatar

Well done!

that the PTBs are damaging not just the EU's tobacco control efforts, but the EU itself, in the eyes of member states as well as worldwide.
    As a citizen of Germany, I can tell you that the EU bureaucracy does not have a good reputation, also among non-vapers.

All it does is eat our money - and a lot of it - and then meddles in the internal affairs of other countries (such as whether Germany must pay welfare payments to foreign citizens who entered the country for the sole purpose of receiving such free money).
    It has also banned such things as light bulbs with 100 watts. Duh.. At the time of that light bulb ban, only some new-fangled ugly looking lightbulbs were available that contained mercury. Mercury is poisonous, and it is released if one of those bulbs breaks.
    Well, now, we have LED bulbs - at the cost of about 20 Euro a bulb. Duh....

Don't ask European citizens about the EU.... anybody remember the "Common Agricultural Policy"? (= big huge farming subsidies, paid by taxpayers)

Here's the EU - and the EU Commission - for you, dated May 2013:
    EU drops olive oil jug ban after public outcry - Telegraph

Frankly speaking, the EU has become a monster.

----------

In our country, the AfD (political party that is against EU meddling) missed the necessary 5% in the last election by just a few votes. Have a few more unemployed people from new EU countries migrate to Germany in order to collect welfare payments, and the AfD is in, in the next election. Enough is enough.
    Last edited by Anjaffm; 01-14-2014 at 09:44 PM.
    Julie W and The Ministry like this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Love this quote, anecdotal evidence is good enough to ban a long standing practice across Europe but not good enough when a million + people have stopped smoking with e-cigarettes.

The ban on the use of jugs, cruets or bowls to serve olive oil was justified as necessary because of alleged "frequent" fraud in restaurants but commission officials have admitted to The Daily Telegraph that they have no evidence of the practice.

"We don't have any evidence. It is anecdotal and that was enough for the committee," said an official.

LaraC, sebt, jpargana and 2 others like this.
    Support CASAA http://casaa.org/

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I must admit I used to think the UK was better off "staying in" the EU - if we ever have a referendum on the issue (i'm assured we will have one, but I am -not- holding my breath) then this crazy stuff only makes my response easier...
    Anjaffm and Vapoor eyes er like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunieboy View Post
    I must admit I used to think the UK was better off "staying in" the EU - if we ever have a referendum on the issue (i'm assured we will have one, but I am -not- holding my breath) then this crazy stuff only makes my response easier...
    But the MHRA has been gagging to regulate e-cigs as medicines for the good of us all. Its only being held back by the EU, see this. It first came to the very right and proper conclusion that it should to regulate them as medicines after consulting with some very nice people from big pharma who know far better than we do what's good for us.
    Last edited by makeyourself; 02-01-2014 at 01:01 AM.
    The Ministry likes this.

[off topic-on)

quote Anjaffm
    "As a citizen of Germany, I can tell you that the EU bureaucracy does not have a good reputation, also among non-vapers"

You may have seen this already Anja ?
    Le scandale des députés du Parlement européen qui pointent à 7h pour repartir aussitôt - YouTube

MEPs signing into claim their attendance allowances,& then leaving..... This is where our money is going.

(off topic-off)
    Last edited by Julie W; 02-01-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: clarity
    Anjaffm likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran jpargana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AgentAnia View Post

(...)
    Evidently the fanatics' heads are so deep in the sand they don't see what's happening?
    Those people have their hands deep in 'something', all right!!!
    Anjaffm and NorthOfAtlanta like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast