Euro Court of Justice Ruling Expected re: Clones

Thread: Euro Court of Justice Ruling Expected re: Clones

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Euro Court of Justice Ruling Expected re: Clones

On the BBC international radio news this morning, there was a report about a case in Denmark involving a man who bought a fake Rolex from China via the internet. When it arrived, Danish customs apparently ordered him to destroy it (i.e. copyright infringement), he refused, and the case has worked it's way up through the Danish Supreme Court to the European Court of Justice.

I imagine this ruling will have a direct bearing on e-cigs, all those Nemesis, Kayfun, etc. clones created with the original makers' logos and trade name.

Interesting case.

European Court of Justice

-- Glenn

Devices: Gus Telescopic, Provari Mini, KFL+, Siam Cobra, AC9, some other stuff

Except, Rolex have probably registered their EU trademarks properly and most Mod manufacturers won't have bothered - hence that one Spanish guy being able to register everything in Spain!

Laws in my country says that customs should (can't say they always do) destroy all 'clones that they are able to detect whether it is clothes, watches, etc. and they also require you to pay money for destroiment expenses. It's not a new thing for me...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by low_tar_neil View Post
    Except, Rolex have probably registered their EU trademarks properly and most Mod manufacturers won't have bothered
    Yes, and it's a big mistake fromm modders.
    REgestring a mark in China cost around 100€ ! And A national model deposit in France can be fully registred for around 200€ so 300€ and your model is protected on your territorry and your mark registred IN CHINA !
    Last edited by Leio; 02-12-2014 at 09:20 PM.