TPD vote: Europe has fallen - Big Money has triumphed
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree508Likes

Thread: TPD vote: Europe has fallen - Big Money has triumphed

Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default TPD vote: Europe has fallen - Big Money has triumphed

TPD vote in European Parliament 26 Feb 2014: Europe has fallen - Big Money has triumphed

Chris Davies@ChrisDaviesMEP 4m
    New EU law on #ecigs just approved by MEPs 478-130
    Several MEPs spoke up before the voting and were summarily silenced.

Europe has fallen. Europe has given in to the greed of corrupt politicians, Big Tobacco and Big Pharma.
    Pharma MacAvan was seen grinning.

Citizens are not important. Neither is the health of human beings.
    There is no "democracy". Talks of "democracy" are all a big lie, told to children, to keep them quiet.

To those in the United States:
    Be afraid. Be very afraid. Your FDA is watching.

And Europe has fallen.
    Myk, wv2win, cyndezu and 16 others like this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I cannot "like" your post, Anja, but thank you for posting. I am so angry, on your behalf and yes, because the FDA is surely watching...

I presume the EU Ecig Black Market Planning Committee will be meeting soon?
    wv2win, cyndezu, Iffy and 13 others like this.

Join CASAA and get a FREEBIE!
    Click here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...a-members.html

A sad day, but expected, this fight goes on.

We have strength in numbers and we need to keep getting the word out!

Super Member Supporting Member FourWinds's Avatar

There'll be legal challenges. So many more vapers will be around by the time there's any attempt to implement anything that it will be real hard to do anything to stop the vaping tsunami I think. Business as usual for now; fill up your freezers; make friends for the future.

Corruption on a genocidal scale.
    "Lord loves a vapin' man; don't trust smokey; see a vaper, and get rid of it."

Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by FourWinds View Post
    There'll be legal challenges. So many more vapers will be around by the time there's any attempt to implement anything that it will be real hard to do anything to stop the vaping tsunami I think. Business as usual for now; fill up your freezers; make friends for the future.

Corruption on a genocidal scale.
    I agree.
    Here in Germany, we will all drink a little something tonight and then consider our approach on the national level.

It is not .. nice .. to see, however, how little consideration those corrupt bureaucrats in the EU have for citizens, people, human beings.
    And even for the MEPs, the elected representatives of the people. Did you watch the voting? It was sickening.
    "Democracy" is all a lie. One big lie and story to keep children quiet. Quiet until they conveniently die.
    Myk, wv2win, jpargana and 14 others like this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

Stand by for endless arguments from authority by the jubilant* ANTZ: "well the EU have heavily restricted e-cigarettes..... [hidden premise: the EU is any kind of competent authority]".

*I was going to say "joyful", but that's just not something that should ever be written in the same sentence as ANTZ. The joyless, smug, control-freak, arrogant .......s.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentAnia View Post
    I presume the EU Ecig Black Market Planning Committee will be meeting soon?
    Let me know when the first meeting is, I'll clear my diary.
    wv2win, jpargana, EleanorR and 6 others like this.

Innokin Leo Pro battery + iClear30 (Lea 800 atomiser for stealth vaping)

Super Member ECF Veteran

Bad but not unexpected result. Theirs too many uninformed politicians and too much horse trading in politics.
    This is now EU law which means it mostly aspirational until member states pass their own laws implementing it.
    That's when it can be challenged in courts. It will have to be challenged in all states separately but if it fails in court at the first challenge it could go back to the EU,depending on the grounds.

It will be two years before it's mandatory to have it as member state law but I have a feeling that some won't wait that long, this could end up in court before the end of the year. One thing is certain, it will stall medical regulation for a long time as the old 'no regulations' argument is now dust. Med regs are now going to be voluntary.
    jpargana and Anjaffm like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I wonder if any of those 478 MEPs plus assorted "jubilant" ANTZ realize just how ANGRY they've made us, and just how many ANGRY usses there are....

Join CASAA and get a FREEBIE!
    Click here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...a-members.html

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sebt View Post
    Stand by for endless arguments from authority by the jubilant* ANTZ: "well the EU have heavily restricted e-cigarettes..... [hidden premise: the EU is any kind of competent authority]".

*I was going to say "joyful", but that's just not something that should ever be written in the same sentence as ANTZ. The joyless, smug, control-freak, arrogant .......s.

Let me know when the first meeting is, I'll clear my diary.
    Well the irony would be that they claimed that the EU was going to pass lax regulation before this. Yep, I think what the EU have done is going to be a template for the US and eventually the rest. FDA might wait to see how it plays out in law but I suspect they will want to support this by adopting similar regulation. After all they both are getting their advice from the same sources.

Senior Member Verified Member

Google fu is failing me, can someone link me to the contents/effects of the legislation passed?
    twgbonehead likes this.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast