TPD Article 20 section 5.d: Does this make my future presence on ECF illegal? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: TPD Article 20 section 5.d: Does this make my future presence on ECF illegal?

Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

@Vermonster:

That is precisely their intention.
    And - we will see about that ....

An EU product (!) directive forbidding that private citizens of sovereign countries exercise their constitutionally protected freedom of expression. In their own countries. Hm. Yes, we will see about that.
    The "Bundesverfassungsgericht" in my country (High Court dealing with lawsuits with reference to constitutional rights) would be asked to judge this matter. This would not be the first time where they have stopped politicos from overstepping their bounds. And yes, citizens can file such suits when their constitutional rights are infringed upon.

This is not the (former) Eastern Bloc. And this is not the (former) Third Reich.
    Last edited by Anjaffm; 03-04-2014 at 10:35 PM.
    JerryRM likes this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Anjaffm View Post
    This is not the (former) Eastern Bloc. And this is not the (former) Third Reich.
    True, it is something entirely new, and it uses erosionary tactics. Same approach here in the U.S.
    jpargana, Anjaffm and Fitzie like this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

A Board Member of our German consumers association (IG-ED e.V.) discussed this question with one of the German MEPs and he reassured us that the word "contribution" is relating to PAID contributions and not relating to normal discussions.

From his lips to God's ears....

Who will remember this "little difference" in a few years time? I strongly DISTRUST this whole administration now. Even stronger than before.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    Jiddu Krishnamurti

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I can't see how they can stop us posting on boards. Hell, what will happen if it all goes through and they spent so much time and money logging my posts, collecting evidence and working out what I'm using and what I own? I can't see them kicking my door down and locking me up.

If I go to any decent newsagent in the city I will find Guns & Ammo magazines whole heartedly promoting handguns and how to use them in defensive situations, and I could post on similar boards to discuss them as I please. Having such handguns would get me 5 years behind bars, but I'm still free to pursue discussion and knowledge if I please.

I'm not hurting anyone pursuing this enjoyable hobby and life extending alternative to smoking, so I will do as I please regardless. If that lands me into a legal circus, so be it!
    Julie W, Anjaffm, ykalon and 1 others like this.

Full Member Verified Member Glyn's Avatar

It would be very laughable if they shut down all the EU based servers, as everyone would simply move to non-EU servers and then it's ok
    Anjaffm likes this.

Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia View Post
    A Board Member of our German consumers association (IG-ED e.V.) discussed this question with one of the German MEPs and he reassured us that the word "contribution" is relating to PAID contributions and not relating to normal discussions.

From his lips to God's ears....

Who will remember this "little difference" in a few years time? I strongly DISTRUST this whole administration now. Even stronger than before.
    Exactly.
    I heard that "paid contribution" stuff too. And I do not believe a word of it. Politico-speak.... try to calm the rabble.. until the "regulation" goes into effect. And then let the cat out of the bag. Gotcha, stupid rabble.

"Contribution" ("Beitrag" in German) can be a contribution of money OR - for example - any posting that you make in a forum, or any action that furthers a goal. Heck, if I bake a cake for a birthday party or recite a funny poem, I make a contribution to the party. It is not a legally defined term.

I do not trust them as far as I can throw them. And they have done nothing whatsoever to earn any trust. On the contrary.
    jpargana likes this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12