New Genesis type atomizer by DID! - Page 1020
Like Tree48665Likes

Thread: New Genesis type atomizer by DID!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2GLR View Post
    Capillary action can be drastically reduced if the heat from the coil boils the juice prior to getting to the coils. This can cause pressure fluctuations in the mesh itself as the steam bubbles form and collapse inside the mesh. Reducing the current applied to the coil will allow the juice to reach the the incoming air at the coils, and allow for expansion by the air which produces the vapor your looking for. I find this to be a huge problem with my stupid skinny wick cobra. That is why I am so far happy with everything Did.
    Can't help thinking I'd like you to expand on this statement 2GLR, not because I don't believe it, but just because I want to get my head round the real life application of the concept.
    BJ43 suggests that around 2mm is optimum size for wicks, and a few other genny makers are staying around the 2.5mm wick hole after experimenting with larger wicks and finding diminishing returns.
    I for one have four DIDs and love the flexibility of the large wickhole and have most setup with 3.2mm semi solid wicks and one with a 2.3mm semi solid for decent performance at low watts 2.1ohms on the feeble lavatube v1.
    Wicking is the no.1 challenge after you get your oxidization method and coiling technique down and I'm keen to expand my knowledge on the subject wherever a new resource crops up.
    So spill it LOL
    Devonmoonshire likes this.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devonmoonshire View Post

I got my Beautiful Standard DID in the Mail today and in the process of cleaning it up I managed to lose the top nut to the center post to the EVIL garbage disposal SO it is all polished up, cleaned up, dressed for success and completely crippled now. Anyone got any ideas on something I can do to get it up and running???

Sincerely;
    Nate aka Darth Vapor
    You can wrap the top coil wire tail around the positive pole a few times without a nut. Not a great long term solution but definitely works. Make sure you leave the top tail a little longer so you can get a few wraps around the pole.

All knowledge, when separated from justice and virtue, is seen to be cunning and not wisdom - Plato
    Let men be wise by instinct if they can, but when this fails be wise by good advice - Sophocles

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MiriamWTH View Post
    set-of-3-nuts-for-the-did-and-short-did
    Attachment 154539

Thank you so much MiriamTWH, I am going to go ahead and disassemble it again and take the center pin down to the hardware stores here in the area and see if I can get a nut to act as a substitute to use until I can get a real set shipped to me That way I can get it running good and solid

If I had any left I would send them to you Devon :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Wizard View Post
    You can wrap the top coil wire tail around the positive pole a few times without a nut. Not a great long term solution but definitely works. Make sure you leave the top tail a little longer so you can get a few wraps around the pole.
    I tried that out and for some reason even with a good tight three solide wraps around the top post I still could not get it going right. Thank you so much for the suggestion CW. I am just gonna go out and about today and see if I can find something to use on it until I can get the replacement parts in

Sincerely;
    Nate aka Darth Vapor
    MiriamWTH likes this.
    I have..... Have You?

ECF Veteran

Attachment 154539

Thank you so much MiriamTWH, I am going to go ahead and disassemble it again and take the center pin down to the hardware stores here in the area and see if I can get a nut to act as a substitute to use until I can get a real set shipped to me That way I can get it running good and solid

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Wizard View Post
    I tried that out and for some reason even with a good tight three solide wraps around the top post I still could not get it going right. Thank you so much for the suggestion CW. I am just gonna go out and about today and see if I can find something to use on it until I can get the replacement parts in

Sincerely;
    Nate aka Darth Vapor
    MiriamWTH likes this.
    I have..... Have You?

Full Member Verified Member

the easyest way when you loose a screw is making a setup with a spring and an M2 screw...works wonderfull

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hey Herby, that's a really cool "MacGyver" fix

All knowledge, when separated from justice and virtue, is seen to be cunning and not wisdom - Plato
    Let men be wise by instinct if they can, but when this fails be wise by good advice - Sophocles

ECF Veteran

Attachment 154539

Quote Originally Posted by herby68 View Post
    the easyest way when you loose a screw is making a setup with a spring and an M2 screw...works wonderfull

WOW, MacGyver meets Orion!!!! Where can I get that stuff?? I believe I can get the Spring from any regular old fashioned Pen, but the tiny washers and nuts, that is what I need to know where to get. I am thinking Fry's may have them since they sell electronics. Gonna have to look up M2 Screws.

Sincerely;
    Nate aka Darth Vapor
    Uma likes this.
    I have..... Have You?

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Jim is going to have a spring upgrade kit available on his site in the next week or so!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonmoonshire View Post
    WOW, MacGyver meets Orion!!!! Where can I get that stuff?? I believe I can get the Spring from any regular old fashioned Pen, but the tiny washers and nuts, that is what I need to know where to get. I am thinking Fry's may have them since they sell electronics. Gonna have to look up M2 Screws.

Sincerely;
    Nate aka Darth Vapor

Full Member Verified Member

take a look at ebay or amazon. I bought all the stuff here, but I can only speek for gemany.

one washer on the ground for the plastik insulator.....fitted with M2w nut...spring....washer and finally M2 nut on the top...that is all you need.
    that cost a few centīs
    Last edited by herby68; 11-27-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Jim Damianidis's Avatar

LOL
    Here!!

I am fast some times!!!!
    What else you want?
    lol
    Jim Damianidis, Athens, Greece