atmizoo by atmizone - General Discussion for current and upcoming Projects. - Page 2
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: atmizoo by atmizone - General Discussion for current and upcoming Projects.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I love my Roller so much that I've stopped looking for other mods. I even sold all my other mods except for a cheap, emergency back up.
    Uma and donnah like this.

Super Member Verified Member curisu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by porkchopharry View Post
    You realize the bottom cap insert is adjustable? With an allen key inserted into the vent hole, you can adjust that bottom inset up and down.
    I did find a 3.5mm Allen wrench and tried to turn it, but it wouldn't turn with hand strength. I'm kinda loathe to throw the bottom cap in a vise and possibly mar the brushing.

any suggestions?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran theops's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by curisu View Post
    Hi Atmizoo,

I have a couple questions about my dingo.

Why was 22.7mm selected for outer diameter? The reason i ask is that the other high-end mods I bought or considered buying come in 22mm or 23mm, and the correspondingly high-end atomizers are also usually those diameters. The only atomizer that I'm currently aware of that would flush-fit the dingo is the Squape.

I also noticed that with an 18650 battery, there is considerable rattle. It also happens in 18350 mode, but I have to use much more force to trigger it. Putting a pair of o-rings around the battery before inserting helped, but I can still bounce the battery off of the positive contact and cause a rattle. Do you have any solutions or suggestions?

If the two question above suggest that I don't like the Dingo, it is definitely not the case. The button is what drew me to the mod, and the button is the reason it is my main daily-carry.

Thanks,
    chris
    That's a good question which has some historical value! The Roller was designed to fit some 19mm batteries and the inner / outer tube was designed with that as a major design parameter. The end result was a 22.7mm diameter with a 21mm chamfer diameter at the top of the switch housing. The removable connector hints at plans to connect *something else* there, but that hasn't been built yet.

The Dingo simply inherited the same external diameter, since everything but the main tube is the same.

The extra length when using 2xT3's comes from the fact that a dedicated 18650 tube was not produced. Instead, we went with 2xT3's for a number of reasons: production simplicity, space for fuses in 18650 mode (not always possible with a single T3) & the possibility to adjust the position of the bottom disk, in order to fill some of the extra space.
    Last edited by theops; 07-16-2013 at 07:28 AM.
    Uma likes this.

I did find a 3.5mm Allen wrench and tried to turn it, but it wouldn't turn with hand strength. I'm kinda loathe to throw the bottom cap in a vise and possibly mar the brushing.

any suggestions?

You can use a rubber glove to hold it firmly while applying torque with the Allen wrench!

EDIT: Remember - the disk must be turned clockwise to unscrew!
    Last edited by theops; 07-17-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    Uma likes this.

Is there a chance to get a second Roller (polished) before I live for my vacations on mid august?
    Thanks, Francesco

ECF Veteran

any suggestions?

That I'm not sure about. Mine turns easily on my Roller. I can actually turn it without an Allen key. I've never had to mess with it though as I have no rattle on the roller. I DO know that I would have to turn it upwards if I use an 18350 flat top, because I tried it out. But I don't really use flat top 18350's in it so it's a non issue, was just experimenting. I would imagine once you get it turning you'd be good to go though.

ECF Veteran

I would like to be the first (on this thread at least) to request an official Atmizoo rebuildable atomizer/genesis device that matches the diameter of the Roller/Dingo. I would also like to request that it be available in all of the finishes that you offer on the battery mods.
    Uma, tenshi and curisu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by vueffe57 View Post
    Is there a chance to get a second Roller (polished) before I live for my vacations on mid august?
    Thanks, Francesco
    It's hard to say with certainty - production of SS-P parts is a bit more infrequent but, as always, we are trying to maintain a good flow of stock.
    Uma likes this.

Theops, thanks for your update. I'll be looking forward for a polished one in order to mix it with my matte one. Have a nice day Francesco
    Quote Originally Posted by theops View Post
    It's hard to say with certainty - production of SS-P parts is a bit more infrequent but, as always, we are trying to maintain a good flow of stock.

Uma
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Are you going to release the Kracken in the future? (squid)
    UNITED WE STAND... divided we fall.
    Join http://casaa.org & protect your right to vape

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast