OVALE eVic !!! is this the future of vaping??? - Page 61
Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 803
Like Tree402Likes

Thread: OVALE eVic !!! is this the future of vaping???

  1. #601
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    cozzicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    2,559
    Blog Entries
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siampumpkin View Post
    Looks like the evic design in the Future of designs for Joye. Here is the new replacement mod head for the 18650 mod tube

    OVALE eVic !!! is this the future of vaping???-d19e142d1fe05602.jpg

    Not available for sale or pre-order but will only be $11.00
    New Flat Joyetech eGo-T 2 upgrade battery MOD control unit + 510-eGo adapter - Joye eGo-T spare parts Heaven Gifts
    I also have been told that the evic head itself may be available separately.

    Looks to me like the accessories for this will be aplenty!

  2. #602
    Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    djensen9367's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    82

    Default

    It is on their website for 70.00
    Kicked Jazz Pipe, Reo Grand, VV Reo Grand,Reo 1490 Mini 2.1, Bombshell Stinger/Kicked, Ovale Evic, Zmaxx SS, Seigeli Zmaxx SS

  3. #603
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    cozzicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    2,559
    Blog Entries
    30

    Default

    Ok- so I've been using mine for a few hours... here's some basic observations.

    1. Output voltage is unstable, but generally within .2 volts- usually on the low side. Tested up to 5 volts. This is a VERY cursory report since the tests were not repeated multiple times. The unit does register voltage on a standard inline meter.

    2. The "Rocker Ring": It's a little cumbersome, more so than the Provari button push routine. But there are a great deal more functions involved with the eVic.

    3 Screen: Nice in indoor lighting. Next to useless in the car with the sun out.

    4. Menu System: Seems cumbersome. It's nice to have the date and time available through the unit. Not so nice to not have it on the main display. Checking atty ohms is nice (once you get there) the mode stays running until it times out- you may have enough time that you may be able to check multiple atties. Does not *fire* when checking ohms- acts more like a multimeter with very low current (safe to check dry equipment).

    4. Software runs as a service under Windows 7, unit has it's own driver. Software is always running. Plugging in the unit causes the software to connect and display a "charge or configure" screen. Changing USB ports caused the software to not recognize the unit. Need to find out if the software is phoning home to Ovale delivering the statistics it gathers.

    5. Vape: It vapes quite well at the settings I usually use (4.1-4 @ 3.0 ohm).

    6. Battery included is a Samsung ICR cell.

    It will take the weekend to put together everything I have to say about the eVic. And that's just the face value stuff. We'll probably cover it on Vapelink and there will be a flood of reviews (Including a possible first look from me).

    Remember not to buy into any hype surrounding this or any device. If you like reviews... look at a bunch of them before you spend your cash.

    Caveat Emptor
    denali_41 likes this.

  4. #604
    Super Member ECF Veteran Vappa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    437
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cozzicon View Post
    Ok- so I've been using mine for a few hours... here's some basic observations.

    1. Output voltage is unstable, but generally within .2 volts- usually on the low side. Tested up to 5 volts. This is a VERY cursory report since the tests were not repeated multiple times. The unit does register voltage on a standard inline meter.

    2. The "Rocker Ring": It's a little cumbersome, more so than the Provari button push routine. But there are a great deal more functions involved with the eVic.

    3 Screen: Nice in indoor lighting. Next to useless in the car with the sun out.

    4. Menu System: Seems cumbersome. It's nice to have the date and time available through the unit. Not so nice to not have it on the main display. Checking atty ohms is nice (once you get there) the mode stays running until it times out- you may have enough time that you may be able to check multiple atties. Does not *fire* when checking ohms- acts more like a multimeter with very low current (safe to check dry equipment).

    4. Software runs as a service under Windows 7, unit has it's own driver. Software is always running. Plugging in the unit causes the software to connect and display a "charge or configure" screen. Changing USB ports caused the software to not recognize the unit. Need to find out if the software is phoning home to Ovale delivering the statistics it gathers.

    5. Vape: It vapes quite well at the settings I usually use (4.1-4 @ 3.0 ohm).

    6. Battery included is a Samsung ICR cell.

    It will take the weekend to put together everything I have to say about the eVic. And that's just the face value stuff. We'll probably cover it on Vapelink and there will be a flood of reviews (Including a possible first look from me).

    Remember not to buy into any hype surrounding this or any device. If you like reviews... look at a bunch of them before you spend your cash.

    Caveat Emptor
    So far a lot of your findings correspond with mine: review-my-ego-evic-pv-part-i

  5. #605
    Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    X P3 Flight Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Moncton, N.B. Canada
    Posts
    2,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vappa View Post
    So far a lot of your findings correspond with mine: review-my-ego-evic-pv-part-i
    A couple questions I would like answered:

    1) will it drive a 1.6ohm atty at 5 volts? (3 Amp)

    2) will it operate if the air temp is above 35C?

    My Hobby is my Hobie !
    (Mirage Tandem Island)

  6. #606
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    sawlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RPadTV View Post
    That's why I'm confused by what you said. If they won't buy it in the first place then how does new firmware "drive customers away?" Additional firmware updates have no impact on those customers.
    It's not about the firmware, he's saying the device is just to complicated for novice users, therefore they won't buy it, therefore Joytech looses a portion of the market we think they were aiming this at.
    Think for a moment, you are a newbie walking into a b&m and the salesman is shoving this down your throat. After watching all that is needed to just set it up, how interested are you in vaping now?
    Say you have some experiance and order one then go through all the BS and tire of it?
    Either case, most will be happy to go back to an EGO again!
    It seems they made this for the advanced vapor user, which isn't their target market, and it won't fit in there until a major firmware adjustment is made.
    This is something you want anyone to be able to pick up and use easily, or be able to run with the big dogs out of the gate!
    "I want a tattoo of a butt with a tattoo of a butt on my butt!" Beavis
    "I float like a butterfly, and poke like a flea, JACK!" Si Robertson

  7. #607
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    cozzicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    2,559
    Blog Entries
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X P3 Flight Engineer View Post
    A couple questions I would like answered:

    1) will it drive a 1.6ohm atty at 5 volts? (3 Amp)
    Initial ECD meter results (done by sensefield on our show) suggest a 2.3 amp limit for *anything*.

    If you do the math this unit isn't really suited for loads lower than 2 ohm (and that is stretching it to 2.5 amps at 5 volts). Personally I would not recommend anything below 2.2 ohm (which would give you roughly 2.2 amps at 5v against 2.2 ohms- 11.3 watts.

    This is not a low resistance/high current device.

  8. #608
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    cozzicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    2,559
    Blog Entries
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sawlight View Post
    It's not about the firmware, he's saying the device is just to complicated for novice users, therefore they won't buy it, therefore Joytech looses a portion of the market we think they were aiming this at.
    Think for a moment, you are a newbie walking into a b&m and the salesman is shoving this down your throat. After watching all that is needed to just set it up, how interested are you in vaping now?
    Say you have some experiance and order one then go through all the BS and tire of it?
    Either case, most will be happy to go back to an EGO again!
    It seems they made this for the advanced vapor user, which isn't their target market, and it won't fit in there until a major firmware adjustment is made.
    This is something you want anyone to be able to pick up and use easily, or be able to run with the big dogs out of the gate!
    And it definitely doesn't run with the big dogs.

    A revision 1 Provari has a higher amp limit (And voltage capability). So does the Lavatube and Kick. And those devices aren't even considered "big dogs" anymore.

    BUT- for low wattage vapers looking for regulation and features- this device might be a good choice.

    That's a far smaller segment of the market. I know this because I happen to be a low wattage kinda guy. And I'm so lonely!!!

    And no- I'm not endorsing this device at this point. I'll use it for at least 2 weeks to a month before I have a definite opinion.

  9. #609
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    213

    Default

    I'm also a low wattage guy, so this device seems great. I like my high-resistance coils!

  10. #610
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    cozzicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    2,559
    Blog Entries
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Symmetry View Post
    I'm also a low wattage guy, so this device seems great. I like my high-resistance coils!
    Great!! That's two. If we get three we should start a support group!!
    SaraBee likes this.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks