Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: eVic Battery

Alpha Quadrant PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner View Post
    Just curious here:

Samsung makes a 3000 mAh battery with a flat top that would fit the eVic. It sure would make the device last even longer between charges.

Anyone's thoughts on the 3000 mAh battery?

Regards,
    Spanner,

See Joyetech eVic starter Kits, Vapor Intelligent Cigarette for information on the new Battery, and the 3 new colors.

I've been in contact with GotVapes. This is a 3400 mAh (not 3000), and it is Protected, according to Joyetech, via GotVapes.

GotVapes will be getting some after the Chinese Holiday, which ends on the 17th of this month. So probably about a week after that. I'm wrote back to ask if they'd also be getting the eVic Starter Kits with said 3400, in the 3 new colors (Black, Shiny Silver, and White), and am still waiting on an answer. But the good news is that this is a Protected Battery, and will be the official Battery that Joyetech uses in the eVic, not the generic Unprotected Panasonic NCR18650B you see every where, or the Unprotected Samsung that has been mentioned. Joyetech calls it a Sanyo 18650B. It's the Panasonic NCR18650B with Protection added. They call the Pink 2600 a Sanyo 18650, and it's a Samsung 2600 with Protection added.

I'll post back when I hear they have the 3400 in stock, and whether or not they have the 3 new colors.

EDIT:

YES!!! .GotVapes will be getting the 3400 Batteries in Kits in all 3 colors, and the 3400 to be sold as a Spare. If they're getting all of this, they'll probably get the Battery Tubes and matching Terminal Covers (for lack of technical term), too, in all 3 colors.
    Last edited by 100%VG; 02-04-2013 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Added Info
    timinftl likes this.

Keep on Vaping. Resistance is Futile.
    OK, where Vaping is concerned, Resistance is Minimal. LOL

2. Advertisement
    Super Member ECF Veteran Fullknight's Avatar

Would anyone know where the best place to buy 18350 tube for the Evic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member ECF Veteran Jaysin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 100%VG View Post
    Spanner,

See Joyetech eVic starter Kits, Vapor Intelligent Cigarette for information on the new Battery, and the 3 new colors.

I've been in contact with GotVapes. This is a 3400 mAh (not 3000), and it is Protected, according to Joyetech, via GotVapes.

GotVapes will be getting some after the Chinese Holiday, which ends on the 17th of this month. So probably about a week after that. I'm wrote back to ask if they'd also be getting the eVic Starter Kits with said 3400, in the 3 new colors (Black, Shiny Silver, and White), and am still waiting on an answer. But the good news is that this is a Protected Battery, and will be the official Battery that Joyetech uses in the eVic, not the generic Unprotected Panasonic NCR18650B you see every where, or the Unprotected Samsung that has been mentioned. Joyetech calls it a Sanyo 18650B. It's the Panasonic NCR18650B with Protection added. They call the Pink 2600 a Sanyo 18650, and it's a Samsung 2600 with Protection added.

I'll post back when I hear they have the 3400 in stock, and whether or not they have the 3 new colors.

Sweet! I really want those new battery tubes!

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fullknight View Post
    Would anyone know where the best place to buy 18350 tube for the Evic
    Hello Knight,

Just Google evic 18350. Several places came up when I did that.

These probably are not official Joyetech products, but who cares if a Battery Tube isn't Official?

Joyetech eGo-T 18350 battery MOD tube - Joye eGo-T spare parts Heaven Gifts in China
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ml#post8058554 ECF Link
    Joyetech 18350 Battery Tube for eVic "Mini" says Genuine Authentic!!?

Didn't look to see if any were in the USA.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Jaysin's Avatar

I have 2 of em and they are genuine Joyetech tubes. They are eGo-T upgrade 18350 battery tubes. Try searching for that. I have black and silver.
    timinftl likes this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
    I have 2 of em and they are genuine Joyetech tubes. They are eGo-T upgrade 18350 battery tubes. Try searching for that. I have black and silver.
    At lease one of those in my reply said that.
    timinftl likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Fullknight's Avatar

Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

So any updates on the difference between then sanyo/panasonic ones ? Cause I see websites selling the panasonic ones
    but not the sanyo ones? And can't really find the sanyo ones anywhere. Even heave-gifts has the panasonic ones, but not the sanyo ones

I am kinda looking to buy some 3400mah batteries and an xtar charger. The 2600 mah just lasts me a day in the weekend barely. During the week I need to recharge less, but I would like to have some spares anyway

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I'm only updating this thread because it came up in a search engine while I was trying to find some info on this subject. Let me note a few things:

* GotVapes states clearly on its website that its Evic 3400mah batteries are unprotected NCRs
    * The Joyetech store doesn't say if the Sanyo 3400s they're selling are unprotected or not, but the big hint that they aren't can be found in this warning: "* Over-discharging:It should be noted that the cell would be an over-discharged state by its self-discharge characteristics in case the cell is not used for long time. Over-discharging may causes loss of cell performance, characteristics, or battery functions. In order to prevent over-discharging, the cell shall be charged periodically to maintain between 3.7v and 3.9v." Protected batteries have no over-discharging dangers because they automatically prevent themselves from being over-discharged.
    * Every protected battery I've came across EVER was either significantly wider, or, in more expensive protected batteries that are designed to fit tubes that aren't made for protected batteries (like the Evic), they're significantly longer. There is no way (that I'm aware of) that you can fit protection within .2-.3 mm of space.
    * The Evic tubing is NOT designed to take protected batteries. Only unprotected IMR or NCR will fit. If it was intended to take protected, it would have been built to accommodate such.
    * NONE of the batteries pictured for the Evic (including on Joyetech's website) show ANY indication of being altered and/or fitted with any protection whatsoever.
    * NO e-cig vendor I have found that is licensed by Joyetech sells protected batteries for the Evic.

There's more to it than that... like the fact most pass through devices have built in protection, and that with so many vendors selling unprotected batteries specifically for the Evic you would probably see a lot more posts about people having problems with those batteries... but I *think* that's enough right there.
    tnt56 and WillyZee like this.

Super Member Verified Member

Reviving this old thread. So what is the consensus on the battery type to be used on an eVic?

I've got a short tube coming my way. Some say either button or flat top 18350s would work. Being a noob on the subject, should I go with protected or not? Is IMR a good choice?

Thanks!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast