eVic Battery - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: eVic Battery

Quote Originally Posted by e30ernest View Post
    Reviving this old thread. So what is the consensus on the battery type to be used on an eVic?

I've got a short tube coming my way. Some say either button or flat top 18350s would work. Being a noob on the subject, should I go with protected or not? Is IMR a good choice?

Thanks!
    "IMR" is the chemistry of the battery, in short, it's a type of Lithium Ion battery, but the chemistry has Manganese (Mn) in it.

I'm gonna guess your question is on the brand of battery to use. I'm using an IMR type of unprotected battery in my shorty. The brand I'm using is AW. The AW brand has the lowest mAH spec, but after sifting through many discussion on this topic, is because AW is more conservative with their numbers, and they usually get the first cut from the contract manufacturer who actually produces these sales. I believe Efest gets the second cut (first cut being the cream of the crop), and so on...

Don't be fooled by the capacity numbers, there is only so much charge that can be stored inside this little 18350 form factor for batteries.

My suggestion, get the AW 18350 battery. My opinion, and my opinion only, you don't need protected batteries... eVic would not be pulling anywhere near the discharge limitation of these cells.

As for button top and flat top, whatever you can get your hands on. They both work. The spring mechanism on the end cap is forgiving enough that it can operate with both. I'm using the AW 18350 700mAH IMR, unprotected, button top in my shorty and it works just fine.

I think I'm going to get another AW 18350 cell soon, since going from 2600mAH Samsung (default one that came with it) to the 700mAH, the 700mAH lasts only about 1/4 of my day of vaping!

Also, switching between two batteries, you have pseudo-extended the life of the battery by 2 folds (ok, the MTBF is still the same, but from user-experience of before failure)....

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thanks so much!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Figured i would post in here then starting a new thread. I am going to order some stuff from FT and was wondering what 3400mah will work on the standard stock tube?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

No suggestions ?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Use unprotected cells, maybe the green panasonic 3000mAH batteries...

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Eeeks --- just because a battery is green and made by panasonic doesn't mean it's right for one's mod. You have to know the appropriate code numbers at the very least.

Suggest everyone read this blog---it isn't long and will be very helpful:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...protected.html

Hi everyone
    Well I am planning to change my evic to mechanical mod, well I will replace the head and use another one which will be connected directly to the atomizer, my question is will the default Samsung ICR 18650 battery will be ok and safe to use or I should get something else..

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If you're only going to be using stock coil heads (above 1.8 ohms), yes the default battery will work and not explode on you. If you're using RBAs or RDAs, just get AW IMR or Efest IMR batteries, especially if you're going sub ohm (down to 0.6 ohms on 18650, don't go lower than 0.8 ohms on 18350/18490/18500, granted you can but give some leeway for AMP draw, go use an ohm's law calculator to find your amp draw for your coil heads), and you can also consider getting a Panasonic CGR18650CH 2250 mAh. If you're going super sub ohm, get an MNKE 18650 1500 mAh battery or a Sony US18650VTC3 1600 mAh.

Running Protanks, evods, Vivi Novas, RSST (325 SS mesh), Igo-L (3mm silica wick), Igo-W (dual coil cotton) interchangeably on an Evic, SS Vamo V3 and Smoktech Magneto

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by roffles18963 View Post
    If you're only going to be using stock coil heads (above 1.8 ohms), yes the default battery will work and not explode on you. If you're using RBAs or RDAs, just get AW IMR or Efest IMR batteries, especially if you're going sub ohm (down to 0.6 ohms on 18650, don't go lower than 0.8 ohms on 18350/18490/18500, granted you can but give some leeway for AMP draw, go use an ohm's law calculator to find your amp draw for your coil heads), and you can also consider getting a Panasonic CGR18650CH 2250 mAh. If you're going super sub ohm, get an MNKE 18650 1500 mAh battery or a Sony US18650VTC3 1600 mAh.
    You do realize this post is ridiculous right?
    eVic has built in protection and it will NOT do sub ohm by design. You cannot overload it as it sill simply refuse to fire an overly low load.

Your Data is reasonable for a Mechanical Mod discussion.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by crxess View Post
    You do realize this post is ridiculous right?
    eVic has built in protection and it will NOT do sub ohm by design. You cannot overload it as it sill simply refuse to fire an overly low load.

Your Data is reasonable for a Mechanical Mod discussion.
    The post above him was asking if he converted the eVic into a Mech by replacing the head, would the battery hold up. So yeah it was a mech mod discussion.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast