Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: eVic Battery

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default eVic Battery

Just curious here:

Samsung makes a 3000 mAh battery with a flat top that would fit the eVic. It sure would make the device last even longer between charges.

Anyone's thoughts on the 3000 mAh battery?

Regards,

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I can answer my own post! I saw on the Joyetech site that they have a 3400 mAh battery for the eVic. They are stating that it's Sanyo, but the markings on the picture is Panasonic!

Vape for Days non Stop!
    tnt56 and worthatry like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner View Post
    I can answer my own post! I saw on the Joyetech site that they have a 3400 mAh battery for the eVic. They are stating that it's Sanyo, but the markings on the picture is Panasonic!

Vape for Days non Stop!
    Sanyo and Panasonic have a co-operative partnership in battery manufacturing.
    tnt56 likes this.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Alpha Quadrant PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner View Post

Vape for Days non Stop!
    I've seen it posted that Sanyo has added Protection to the otherwise Unprotected NCR18650B 3400 mAh Panasonic, for Joyetech.

The Spec on the Joyetech web site says the Sanyo 18650B is 18.5mm x 65.3mm.
    The Panasonic Spec says the original Battery is 18.3mm x 65.0mm.

Can Protection really be done in an additional 0.3mm length, and an additional 0.2mm diameter?

I'm not sure, but I think maybe it can be.
    Anyway, DO NOT use an Unprotected Battery in the eVic
    Last edited by 100%VG; 02-01-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    DDark4eva likes this.

Keep on Vaping. Resistance is Futile.
    OK, where Vaping is concerned, Resistance is Minimal. LOL

Valar Morghulis Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 100%VG View Post
    I've seen it posted that Sanyo has added Protection to the otherwise Unprotected NCR18650B 3400 mAh Panasonic, for Joyetech.

The Spec on the Joyetech web site says the Sanyo 18650B is 18.5mm x 65.3mm.
    The Panasonic Spec says the original Battery is 18.3mm x 65.0mm.

Can Protection really be done in an additional 0.3mm length, and an added 0.2mm diameter? .

I'm not sure, but I think maybe it can be.
    Not sure, I have seen the 3100mah panny NCR unprotected listed at 65.2 with a + or - of 1.0

So I think the panny 3400mah number is a rough number, at least where I saw it, I don't think the sanyo is protected. It's probably the same thing made by the same people and maybe sold by Sanyo. Who knows which company is actually manufactoring or contracting to have it manufactored.
    classwife>kevbow

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fury83 View Post
    Not sure, I have seen the 3100mah panny NCR unprotected listed at 65.2 with a + or - of 1.0

So I think the panny 3400mah number is a rough number, at least where I saw it, I don't think the sanyo is protected. It's probably the same thing made by the same people and maybe sold by Sanyo. Who knows which company is actually manufactoring or contracting to have it manufactored.
    I have been in contact with Vendors, searching for the eVic in a Started Kit including the Joyetech Sanyo 18650B 3400 mAh Battery, and they have assured me that Joyetech actually said that this is a Protected Battery. Joyetech's comment was...

"Nobody would be foolish enough to put an unprotected batt in a mod." .I have this in writing from the back and forth conversations with that Distributor.

So for now, I'm going with that assurance. .I did a lot of research into Battery design about a month ago, and the Protection Circuit can be as small as .3mm to .5mm, according to my research. So... there ya go. I am not a Professional Battery Designer, and information you find on the Internet is not always 100% accurate, hence my I'm not sure disclaimer.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fury83 View Post
    I guess the Thickness of the Protection Circuit depends on how much Protection is in it. I've seen some that appear to be 1mm to 2mm.

Hell, some Protected Batteries are 70mm long, but that probably includes a Button Top.
    Anyway, DO NOT use an Unprotected Battery in the eVic

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MorpheusPA's Avatar

Oh, dear, I'm foolish. Sort of, I use an IMR in my mods. :-)

Battery test-review 18650 comparator

I love that site. Under expected load, sometimes higher capacity batteries actually underperform lower capacity ones.
    DDark4eva, lamarrk and timinftl like this.

My organic lawn care and gardening blog: http://thegreengreengrassofhome.blogspot.com

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusPA View Post
    Oh, dear, I'm foolish. Sort of, I use an IMR in my mods. :-)

Battery test-review 18650 comparator

I love that site. Under expected load, sometimes higher capacity batteries actually underperform lower capacity ones.
    OK, OK, do not use an Unprotected Lithium Ion in the eVic. Is that better?!!!

However, to my knowledge, Joyetech has not authorized IMR and INR Batteries in their products, including the eVic, even though several Distributors will recommend them. .So, do what you will, but I'm not installing them in MY eVic, because I don't want to do anything to Void my Warranty. Let an Unprotected Li-Ion cause a problem and watch your Warranty blow up, if the eVic doesn't. Even if their Battery isn't actually Protected, it's their Battery, so they can't claim you used the wrong Battery. I'm not one to give room for doubt.

Besides, the Max mAh IMR is only 2250 mAh in the Panasonic Hybrid CGR18650CH (which will fit in the eVic), but the Joyetech Sanyo 18650B is 3400, and the Pink Samsung is 2600, so what's the point? Yes, IMR and INR are Safer, but if the eVic relies on a Protected Battery, then maybe the Control Head isn't strong enough to handle the 10A that an IMR can deliver. So there are arguments for either Battery type, but Joyetech designed the eVic around Protected Li-Ion.

Speaking of performance, someone from another forum is saying that the Joyetech Sanyo 18650B 3400 Battery (that Panasonic) has a higher mAh Rating, at the expense of Performance - whatever that means. I don't really care. I using what the Started Kit ships with.

You have my

OK, this has been fun. Gotta go. ...I'll look at your link later - Thanks BTW!!!
    timinftl likes this.

Valar Morghulis Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Oddly they ship it with an unprotected ICR which is not generally something I would use.

I have been using panasonic cgr18650ch's just because that is what I have and use for any 18650 mod/apv

I think the theory with the unprotected ICR is the protections in the evic will take place of the battery protection, though I don't know the answer to this, my faith in the 5 cent PCB they protect batteries with is not very high. I use AW IMR's or the cgr18650ch in all my VV/VW mods that have protection built in. Same in the mech mods but I put a shortstop in.

I don't know the inherent safety of the NCR's from panasonic or sanyo
    classwife>kevbow

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast