firmware 1.4 is out! - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: firmware 1.4 is out!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

I haven't updated my evic since i smashed my laptop screen and switched to this annoyingly slow tiny netbook with no java support. -___- haven't felt a need to download it to this pc either. lovee it just the way it is.

And this it yet another reason I luvs me some evic....upgraded to 1.4!
    My favorite features so far: the inverse screen (sweet when working outside) and further customizable home screen.

Anybody know what 2.0's got in store, maybe some kinda of game? I'm thinking some type of tetris game, controls would be perfect for it (left-right-button flips object).

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by CRkfx1 View Post
    And this it yet another reason I luvs me some evic....upgraded to 1.4!
    My favorite features so far: the inverse screen (sweet when working outside) and further customizable home screen.

Anybody know what 2.0's got in store, maybe some kinda of game? I'm thinking some type of tetris game, controls would be perfect for it (left-right-button flips object).
    i hope they increase the amp/voltage/wattage limitations...
    TheJack likes this.

I'm loving it. The inverse thing not so much, but the fact that they relegated the battery meter to the bottom, and I now have the option to put my volts/ohms and a clock or puff counter!

I've always wanted to put the system clock and date on the homescreen, but I couldn't before because I also needed the battery meter and the volts/ohms!

As far as the Wattage limitation, it could be a hard (hardware) limit determined by the limits of the buck/boost converter internally.

Has anyone cracked one of these open to see who's switcher they are using? Also, another thing that may limit the current is the resistance of the flyback inductor in switching circuits. The resistance will determine how much watts the inductor is dissipating, so it may not be a good idea to run it at high amperage (dotted with volts for watts), because you don't want that inductor to be cooking...

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tom_chang79 View Post
    I'm loving it. The inverse thing not so much, but the fact that they relegated the battery meter to the bottom, and I now have the option to put my volts/ohms and a clock or puff counter!

I've always wanted to put the system clock and date on the homescreen, but I couldn't before because I also needed the battery meter and the volts/ohms!

As far as the Wattage limitation, it could be a hard (hardware) limit determined by the limits of the buck/boost converter internally.

Has anyone cracked one of these open to see who's switcher they are using? Also, another thing that may limit the current is the resistance of the flyback inductor in switching circuits. The resistance will determine how much watts the inductor is dissipating, so it may not be a good idea to run it at high amperage (dotted with volts for watts), because you don't want that inductor to be cooking...

you could always see the battery level at the bottom if you did not show the battery reading on the top right

PV Master* Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Nothing on me!!!! When I got home last night I downloaded the latest version. BTW Just got my Evic Friday. So far a very nice vape!!!!
    (Thought I'd never say I own an Evic, but it is fun to play with). ((Yea I'm that Old)). I can see now why it's so popular!!!!!!!!
    And all this comes from a vapor that owns a lot of different mods.
    kas122461 and CRkfx1 like this.
    Started vaping on 09/05/2012
    If I stumble and fall, I will get back up. I will never ever give up!

Full Member ECF Veteran

Anyone else having a little bug with the temp alarm in Fahrenheit?
    Celsius is no problem.

Ever since upgrading to 1.4 my temp alarm is set to like 45 Fahrenheit when I power my eVic up regardless of what I set the alarm to via the eVic or PC. I set the alarm in Fahrenheit and then switched to Celsius. Seems to have no problems remembering what I set the temp alarm for in Celsius. So I have a work around, just wondering if this was noticed by anyone else.
    tnt56 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by errolng View Post
    you could always see the battery level at the bottom if you did not show the battery reading on the top right
    Boh!

There is a weirs bug though, I got my volts/ohm on the left and time/date on the right, my eVic set to vw, everytime I'm adjusting the watts up and down, the volta shows time for a split second...

What's different with the 1.4 then? Is it just the inverse function?

PV Master* Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EvilRubberDuck View Post
    Anyone else having a little bug with the temp alarm in Fahrenheit?
    Celsius is no problem.

Ever since upgrading to 1.4 my temp alarm is set to like 45 Fahrenheit when I power my eVic up regardless of what I set the alarm to via the eVic or PC. I set the alarm in Fahrenheit and then switched to Celsius. Seems to have no problems remembering what I set the temp alarm for in Celsius. So I have a work around, just wondering if this was noticed by anyone else.
    I just glad I'm not the only person with this issue. I thought it was just me. I left mine in the Celsius setting and maintained the proper settings.
    Started vaping on 09/05/2012
    If I stumble and fall, I will get back up. I will never ever give up!

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HPloco View Post
    Here is the mac file
    Thanks HPloco

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast