firmware 1.4 is out! - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: firmware 1.4 is out!

Quote Originally Posted by Myk View Post
    I think I've figured that out. The 2 new counters are the new data for myVapors, time and energy. I can't figure out how energy works. Time is the seconds you've puffed.
    Thanks Myk, this has been bugging me for awhile too. Never took time to figure it out.

-CRk
    tnt56 likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roasty View Post
    hey guys.. someone enlighten me.

when i hold the jog dial to the left, the left side of the home screen cycles between battery - numbers over 0000 - numbers over 0000 - puff count over puffs left for the amount of battery left - time over date - back to battery.

anyone have an idea what the two numbers over 0000 mean?
    I finally figured out what these two new counters are for and how to set them. First if you go to the menu - vapor set - Home scr - Home Scr L (or R doesn't matter) you get the following list:

Puff Count
    Date time
    V/W ohm
    Battery
    Alarm Time
    Alarm Puff

The last two are the new counters that can be displayed on your home screen. When you've chosen to set these to display on your home screen you now have this:

What is being displayed is the cumulative time/puffs on top, and the time/puffs before the alarm is displayed. The time display measures how many seconds a puff is and keeps a running total of the seconds of all puffs since the alarm was (re)set.

Now how do you set these? Go to the Main Menu - Vapor Set - Alarm Set and you'll get this menu:

2h
    4h
    8h
    24h
    Never
    Customize

Now this part I'm not clear on, but I believe you're setting a time period for the eVic to monitor. If you choose 'Never' then you go back to the Vapor Set menu. Customize allows you to choose a value between 1-24 and any other choice takes you to a new menu:

by time
    by puff
    exit

Choosing time brings up:

400s
    800s
    1200s
    1600s
    Never
    Customize

or puffs:

200 puff
    400 puff
    600 puff
    800 puff
    Never
    Customize

Choosing 'Never' disables that alarm, and customize allows you to specify the value in puffs/seconds for the respective alarm. Once you have exceeded these alarm settings you'll get a message 'Warning: Max Puff' or time. The eVic still works, but displays that warning until the alarm is reset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk 4.
    azmie73 likes this.

Full Member Verified Member Sanitydissected's Avatar

Just gotten hold of my evic today, v 1.3. In the midst of updating it to 1.4, the data verify error turns up and my evic is dead...pretty dead..with the black screen and all. Tried with different USB cables, computer detects cable, mvr switches on, but states no hardware found, clicking on upgrade flashed error, can't click on reset, throughout it all, evic screen remains black. Tried troubleshooting it from the instructions on the joyetech site, doesn't seem to work. Any help?

Full Member Verified Member AhhCheew's Avatar

This happened to me also while I was updating and I started freaking out because my eVic was only 4 days old lol. I sent and email to joyetech and they replied telling me to unscrew the Control Head from the battery tube and while holding down the fire button plug it in to a computer. Lmk if this works.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I dont think they can up the voltage/wattage with a software update.. I'm pretty sure that's a hardware limitation.

DNA30/20,Reo Grand LP, Provari, Provari Mini, Nzonic Clone...the list goes on..who cares i'm not smoking butts!

I was having connect problems getting MVR 1.4 to locate my evic once plugged into my PC, and it was a bad USB cable. Tried a different USB cable, and BAM, updated evic firmware to 1.4 automatically and works like a charm now

I had problems too. I finally had luck with a different usb port on the computer. What a pain. As best I can tell, the major feature of the upgrade is that the temperature alert setting does not save in F.

My next mod will not have a usb port.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ethermion View Post
    I had problems too. I finally had luck with a different usb port on the computer. What a pain. As best I can tell, the major feature of the upgrade is that the temperature alert setting does not save in F.

My next mod will not have a usb port.
    1.4 had a few small glitches that I do believe were corrected. The USB port and firmware updates are bonuses in my opinion.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567