New Evic, RBA, RDA, and other topper questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New Evic, RBA, RDA, and other topper questions

Super Member ECF Veteran Bad Ninja's Avatar

Default New Evic, RBA, RDA, and other topper questions

So my boss decided to give me an added bonus for turning him on to APVs, and bought us both Ovale Evics.
    I bought an Ovale Cylo atty and its horrible. Leaks and is an overall burden to use.
    I'm still a newbie so please bear with me.
    I'm a fast learner and I'm getting ready to try building coils and stepping up a bit.

I like dripping so I tried a few of my generic drip attys from the local Smokeshop and they don't work very well, if at all.
    The single coil works okay but the dual coil reads " atomizer short" and .8 ohms.
    thats generic for ya, I guess.

So what are some recommendations that will not break the bank, but will work out of the box on the evic?
    What tanks or RBAs are popular with Evic owners?
    Thanks in advance.
    i am so glad I found this place.
    the data on this site is overwhelming. Combined with the lingo, even searches are intimidating.

sent from the netherworld via a worn out iPhone .

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The evic was my first purchase and I run protanks on it. Looks good on an evic and you can rebuild the coils. I run microcoils and cotton wicks in mine and love them.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Bad Ninja likes this.
    [url="http://www.goodejuice.com/smoke_free/"]

I like the looks of the pro tanks on the Evic.
    I will grab one of those to try our.
    Thank you.

Are there any top coil rebuildables with those cool lookin verticle mesh wicks that are popular on the Evic?
    Those look very cool and practical.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ninja View Post
    So my boss decided to give me an added bonus for turning him on to APVs, and bought us both Ovale Evics.
    I bought an Ovale Cylo atty and its horrible. Leaks and is an overall burden to use.
    I'm still a newbie so please bear with me.
    I'm a fast learner and I'm getting ready to try building coils and stepping up a bit.

I like dripping so I tried a few of my generic drip attys from the local Smokeshop and they don't work very well, if at all.
    The single coil works okay but the dual coil reads " atomizer short" and .8 ohms.
    thats generic for ya, I guess.

So what are some recommendations that will not break the bank, but will work out of the box on the evic?
    What tanks or RBAs are popular with Evic owners?
    Thanks in advance.
    i am so glad I found this place.
    the data on this site is overwhelming. Combined with the lingo, even searches are intimidating.

sent from the netherworld via a worn out iPhone .
    I bought an eVic when I got back into vaping. The reason you get the atomizer short message is .8 ohm is too low for it to fire. I don't recall exactly but I believe it has to be around 1.2 ohms of resistance. I found that Smoktech Rsst's work very well on it and it is an excellent rebuildable for someone starting in that area. Here's a huge amount of info/discussion on them:SmokTech RSST Genesis Rebuildable Atomizer
    Bad Ninja and LeftCatcher like this.

Lately it occurs to me, what a long strange trip it's been

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I have an evic and a smoktech RDA octopus and running stock coil at 2.0ohms. Planning on making coil next. I agree you need to keep the coil above the 1.0 or 1.2 range to get it to fire. Have no problems with RDA and hope to make a micro coil or at least something.

Use protank 2 and a dual coil carto all the time and like both.
    Bad Ninja likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I use Kanger Protank II's, Kanger eVod, & Kanger MT3s on my eVic, and have had no problems. Personally, I like the bottom coil tanks.
    Bad Ninja likes this.

I grabbed a generic k2 tank from a very uninformed smoke shop and it works like a champ
    I just fear it will have a short lifespan and inconsistent vapes after a bit of use.
    I'm definitely gonna grab a protank from the B&M next week, but they have a very weak inventory and they are 50 miles away

There is a certain appeal to being able to rebuild my atomizer with some kanthal, a wick, and some determination.

Those Genesis attys are very interesting

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Just started into RBAs, and I wholeheartedly recommend the RSST for a first rebuild Atty. It is simple and has an easier spring capture positive terminal. The only drawback is the poly tank is susceptible to corrosive e-liquids.

Tapped out
    Bad Ninja likes this.

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

I love the style of the RSST and none of the flavors I use now are tank splitters.
    But I do like the idea of borosilicate glass for the tanks.
    Anything out there comparable to the rsst but with a Boro tank?
    EddardinWinter likes this.
    Yes, I am THAT Ninja.

I like to use a protank 2 and a protank 2 mini with 1.8 or 2.5 ohm coils, bales beautifully

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast