eVic Modular MOD - New brass/stainless tube and casing - What do you think?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: eVic Modular MOD - New brass/stainless tube and casing - What do you think?

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Default eVic Modular MOD - New brass/stainless tube and casing - What do you think?

Hey guys,

Have been enjoying my eVic for a while, but I'm wanting to update it's look a little bit and want a classier design.

Myself and two friends where discussing some ideas and came up with the following.

If there is enough interest we will make enough for the community.

The idea is to create a completely modular system based on the eVic. Many different tube types and styles / end caps and tops available that will all fit with each other.

Our friend has created the following designs to give you an idea of what we are talking about.

eVic Modular MOD - New brass/stainless tube and casing - What do you think?-assembly-fixed.jpg
    eVic Modular MOD - New brass/stainless tube and casing - What do you think?-assembly-fixed-exploded.jpg

These are just preliminary drawings and we'd like to hear from you guys to see what you think, and get your ideas. If there is enough interest we will move forward with the idea.

We'd like to build the tube section to be multiple pieces so you can mix and match stainless and brass etc...

Different finishes would also be possible.

Just throwing this out there right now for you guys to discuss.

Regards,

The Modular Team...
    RFisher and Fullknight like this.

Just GG SS | FTM DNA-20 Pipe | ST Simp 14500 | 2 Touchwoods | MicroStick | JM16 Brass
    Taifun GT | Russian | Arrow Gen. | Sophia | KirFanis Tank | 2 GP Spheroids

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I think the idea is great. For us evic users there really is not that many custom things to do them except for the 3 colors from Joyetech.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The market might be ready. I know when I bought my black tubes most of the online vendors were out of stock.

I have since bought chrome tubes as well.

I've only found, brushed stainless, black, chrome, white and pink.
    US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
    http://www.casaa.org/Become_a_Member.html

Verified Member
    Blog Entries

@Sthur That was the idea... we didn't find many options either, and there don't seem to be many that class it up.

@sdennislee - We found the same... had to ship our short tubes and other options from all over the world just to get small variations of eVic tubes.

Attached is a picture of the same tube with a straight collar rather than tapered, and some engraving with silver coating.

eVic Modular MOD - New brass/stainless tube and casing - What do you think?-straighttube.jpg

We're working on different finishes and etchings and engravings to find out works best on actual brass tubes right now, it's shaping up very nicely... will have some pictures for you guys/gals real soon.

It's possible to have custom engravings done also, although it may prove too difficult if we're producing a lot of them.
    kljoki, Go4iT, Mackoy 09 and 3 others like this.

Just GG SS | FTM DNA-20 Pipe | ST Simp 14500 | 2 Touchwoods | MicroStick | JM16 Brass

Full Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

Those are really beautiful. I'd certainly be interested.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Where is our order form???
    US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
    http://www.casaa.org/Become_a_Member.html

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

ByLeo has a body and two size top caps for the evic. It is telescopic or can be coiffured with rings.
    Retirement is a Blast for the first week.

Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks Sarradee,

@sdennislee, we're trying to guage interest in the piece right now, but we'll put up a pre-order form soon so that we can have an idea of those who are interested.

Will post more details here as soon as we have something up.

@Wmmeese Our original idea is to split the body of the device into three or more rings which can be used to configure any size for any battery and also mix and match finishes to allow different looks (e.g. stainless steel and brass, or polished and brushed etc...)

We want to be able to sell just ring sections to people rather than full kits so that you can design/create your own body.

More details to follow.
    roffles18963 and Fullknight like this.

Super Member* Verified Member Jenn Perry's Avatar

This is an awesome idea. I know I would be seriously interested. Especially if can be custom engraved like a name or event date into a section of tubing. What you have posted thus far is just beautiful. Definitely keep me posted.
    Fullknight likes this.

Guys, we are at the proto-type stage now and experimenting with the actual tube. Coming along very well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast