Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: eVic Top Cap Mismatch

Ultra Member Verified Member humpstyles's Avatar

Default eVic Top Cap Mismatch

Hey guys,

Recently purchased a "flat" or "square" eVic top cap. It's the cylindrical version that makes most wider 510 atties sit flush on the top. I bought it on eBay off of a guy who bought it straight from Joyetech (it came in the original Joyetech box). It screws it perfectly and looks great on the eVic, except for one problem. The silver finish isn't the same as the stock eVic silver.

Basically, this top cap is a more 'brushed' light silver color than the factory standard eVic chrome/silver 18650 tube that comes with the mod right out of the box. I have been searching for the correct top-cap to match the factory Joyetech 18650 chrome/silver tube, but cannot seem to pinpoint which one I need to purchase. On some vendors sights, the "chrome" option to purchase looks like a mirror! Way too chrome-y compared to the Joyetech factory chrome. Picture below.

eVic Top Cap Mismatch-_57.jpg
    This is the one I purchased ^ It does not match the Joyetech 18650 factory chrome tube. It is much more brushed and a lighter silver.

eVic Top Cap Mismatch-evc-acy-all-2t.jpg

I am questioning the one all the way to the right; is that the one I should have purchased to match it?

Thanks in advance.
    ...cooler than a polar bear's toes...

any help here? Would like to not throw away another $10 on this...

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

It is very doubtful you will get an exact match.
    The parts are painted
    They will only match exactly - batch to batch.
    Also wear/age will make a difference. Oils, ect. from use will change the color and dull the parts.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I bought all 3 of the square end caps here https://www.cignot.com/product_p/evc-acy-all.htm

The chrome matches exactly as does the black one, the brushed square cap is a few shades darker than the my brushed Joyetech tube.

I also like this end cap to help protect the 510 threads on my eVics 510 to eGo Adapter with Well is has a floating center pin. I put it on top of the stock eVic tapered end cap. The brushed one doesn't match the stock eVic silver tube.

To support larger 510 tanks Like the HyperTank I use this https://smoktek.3dcartstores.com/Tan...ler_p_571.html also gives me airflow control on my non Aerotank tanks.

Edited to add pics

eVic Top Cap Mismatch-photoevic01.jpg

eVic Top Cap Mismatch-photoevic02.jpg
    Last edited by sdennislee; 02-18-2014 at 02:51 AM.
    humpstyles likes this.
    US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
    http://www.casaa.org/Become_a_Member.html

See what I mean? It really irritates me.

Quote Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
    I bought all 3 of the square end caps here https://www.cignot.com/product_p/evc-acy-all.htm

The chrome matches exactly as does the black one, the brushed square cap is a few shades darker than the my brushed Joyetech tube.
    I'll be honest with you - I just bought the chrome one from that website...I really hope it matches the standard tube.
    Go4iT likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by humpstyles View Post
    I'll be honest with you - I just bought the chrome one from that website...I really hope it matches the standard tube.
    Not sure which is standard, I have Black, Chrome and brushed tubes. The chrome from cignot matches my chrome tube nicely. Have found any aftermarket end cap that matches my brushed tube, they are either too dark or too light. Not a huge issue for me though as I keep my eVic in a pouch on a lanyard around my neck so nothing below the fire button shows.
    US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
    http://www.casaa.org/Become_a_Member.html

Resident TimeLord Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I noticed that as well. Bought my cap directly from Joytech.

"Polishing" it with scotch brite pad helped wear off some of the "white"'and bring it closer to my worn in eVic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProVari- the closest to owning a Sonic Screwdriver a mere human can get!

You can see my dilemma now...it sticks out! hopefully the chrome one I just ordered gets here soon and looks nicer!

Getting my new Black eVic tomorrow and ordered the eCa top cap in black from cignot, which will arrive the next day. Can't wait to test it out with the Kanger Aero Tank which I'll also get tomorrow. Now I'll have a new addition to the smokeless family, to go along with my iTaste MVP and my pocket vape, the Halo Triton tanker. Can't wait!
    "Freedom ain't Free..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast