How to clean atomizer - Page 13
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 305
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How to clean atomizer

  1. #121
    Kit
    Kit is offline
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperorOfIceCream View Post
    Default cleaning time is 180 seconds but I suppose you can go up to 999. There's also a heater to 65 degrees C that I haven't played with yet. I think this would be very good with oil based gunk, particularly if heat and a detergent were used. Good tip is to get some tupperware containers about the same size as the bath so you can use industrial solutions (you have to float the tupperware in the bath cos it can't be run dry - but the u-sonic ain't fazed by a tupperware barrier). Alcohol solutions like meths work exceptionally well with gunked up paintbrushes - I resurrected a gloss brush that was like a brick - last used it two years ago.

    Really trog the only thing it hasn't worked on is the crap I bought it for. All the atomisers were probably dead beyond recall (bit down that I didn't get at least one lazarus) but I might have better luck when I start working with heat and tailored cleaning solutions.

    Haven't really used it enough to know it's limitations yet - I'll keep you posted.

    Standout performance? Eyeglasses and jewellery. Beings gold up astonishingly well.

    Emp
    have you tried the heater for cleaning the c- rap out of the atomizer emp
    I said "NO" to nicotine but he wouldn't listen !

  2. #122
    Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    China
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    We don't recommend alcohol, or any other chemical products, it will kill your atomizer. We recommend blowing through the atomizer and dripping a few drops of liquid after this simple but effective cleaning method. The dripping is to soak the atomizer.

    Dry atomizers smoking will overheat and burn the filament inside, resulting in a burned taste and eventually defective filament. Dry smoking is tricky and can result in defects if you dry smoke too long. Always check your atomizer for overheating when doing this!

    If you use different sorts of liquids with the same atomizer, especially bad quality liquids, the only thing you can do is rinse the atomizer with water and blow through the atomizer and repeat this like 20 times. Then dry blow with a hairdryer, drip a few fresh drops of good liquid, then about 5 puffs and you should be good to go again.

    Keeping you atomizer vertically at night when the cartridge is half full or horizontally if the cartridge is still full is also a good trick.

    Over dripped atomizers should be kept vertically without cartridge, on a tissue paper or on the dry rack overnight.

    None of these methods is guaranteed all the time of course.

  3. #123
    Kit
    Kit is offline
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruyan View Post
    We don't recommend alcohol, or any other chemical products, it will kill your atomizer. We recommend blowing through the atomizer and dripping a few drops of liquid after this simple but effective cleaning method. The dripping is to soak the atomizer.

    Dry atomizers smoking will overheat and burn the filament inside, resulting in a burned taste and eventually defective filament. Dry smoking is tricky and can result in defects if you dry smoke too long. Always check your atomizer for overheating when doing this!

    If you use different sorts of liquids with the same atomizer, especially bad quality liquids, the only thing you can do is rinse the atomizer with water and blow through the atomizer and repeat this like 20 times. Then dry blow with a hairdryer, drip a few fresh drops of good liquid, then about 5 puffs and you should be good to go again.

    Keeping you atomizer vertically at night when the cartridge is half full or horizontally if the cartridge is still full is also a good trick.

    Over dripped atomizers should be kept vertically without cartridge, on a tissue paper or on the dry rack overnight.

    None of these methods is guaranteed all the time of course.
    This is all true but at the end of the day they just not very well designed
    I said "NO" to nicotine but he wouldn't listen !

  4. #124
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kit123 View Post
    have you tried the heater for cleaning the c- rap out of the atomizer emp
    not yet but it's coming...

  5. #125
    Kit
    Kit is offline
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperorOfIceCream View Post
    not yet but it's coming...
    That actual might work emp let us know how you get on
    I said "NO" to nicotine but he wouldn't listen !

  6. #126
    MNZ
    MNZ is offline
    NZ Supplier
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Ludo has brought up a very valid point for us all to take into account after we complete whatever cleaning we choose to use.

    That is cleaning will remove any juice that is in the fabric fibres in the centre core of the atomizer filament. It's important to keep those fibres moist at all times. They are the cause of most of the burnt tastes people are getting from their e-misters.

    Here's what I do ... After cleaning and careful drying I let it rest for most of a day, usually overnight. Then I drip 3-4 drops into it and put on a fresh cartridge. The atomizer is then left for 15-30 minutes minimum before I use it again.

    I believe that this process allows the fibres in the atomizer to re-soak with juice and thereby prevent them from being damaged when I use it again. The dripping and installing a fresh cartride refills the metal wool basket surrounding the atomiser pot. Remember if there is no juice in the surrounding metal wool, you wont get much in the way of mist out of a unit.

  7. #127
    Kit
    Kit is offline
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MNZ View Post
    Ludo has brought up a very valid point for us all to take into account after we complete whatever cleaning we choose to use.

    That is cleaning will remove any juice that is in the fabric fibres in the centre core of the atomizer filament. It's important to keep those fibres moist at all times. They are the cause of most of the burnt tastes people are getting from their e-misters.

    Here's what I do ... After cleaning and careful drying I let it rest for most of a day, usually overnight. Then I drip 3-4 drops into it and put on a fresh cartridge. The atomizer is then left for 15-30 minutes minimum before I use it again.

    I believe that this process allows the fibres in the atomizer to re-soak with juice and thereby prevent them from being damaged when I use it again. The dripping and installing a fresh cartride refills the metal wool basket surrounding the atomiser pot. Remember if there is no juice in the surrounding metal wool, you wont get much in the way of mist out of a unit.
    Yeah MNZ and ludo
    Good points but we know all this allready
    your just going over old ground !
    I said "NO" to nicotine but he wouldn't listen !

  8. #128
    MNZ
    MNZ is offline
    NZ Supplier
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    320

    Default

    We sure do kit, but anyone that hasn't read all the previous posts on cleaning before may not be aware of it, which is why I thought it was a good idea to make the post again.

  9. #129
    Kit
    Kit is offline
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MNZ View Post
    We sure do kit, but anyone that hasn't read all the previous posts on cleaning before may not be aware of it, which is why I thought it was a good idea to make the post again.
    I understand what your saying mate, but if you read this thread fully
    your points have allready been mentioned on the previous pages that's all.
    I said "NO" to nicotine but he wouldn't listen !

  10. #130
    Kit
    Kit is offline
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    Been chatting to smokester and his matte white atomizers he has been selling are the same as the old ones but without the fancy writing on.


    He has sold over 200 allready and only had one return

    so the new ones he has been selling are the same as the old, without the fancy writing on

    i think lol
    Last edited by Kit; 07-30-2008 at 09:40 PM.
    I said "NO" to nicotine but he wouldn't listen !

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks