Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How to clean atomizer

Super Member ECF Veteran

Anybody tried repairing an atty or batt?

2. Advertisement
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by catwoman19 View Post
    Anybody tried repairing an atty or batt?
    yes they have. they make bad batteries into passthru's and someone has even made a home made atty!!!..

for cleaning , I always ues half white distilled vinegar and half water, make it really warm but not boiled then soak the atomizer in there over 10 minute, rinse with warm tap water for few minute, blow all water out then rinse in distilled water twice, blow all water out again , dry with hair dryer . for 510 i add 4 drops ejuice wait few second put on cart and vape. I 've been doing this for 2 1/2 month now, 2 org 510's atomizers still run good.
    *** the reason clean with white vinegar was i have a H2O Mob and in it manual shows how to use white vinegar to clean the Mob. At taste-e-cigarette.com also shows how to clean atomizer with vinegar.
    I recently try the everclear 151 proof 75% soak atomizer and it does remove bad taste pretty good too. This method takes less effort to clean bad taste but i dont think it will clean the crud on the coil.
    I also do the dry burn for over a week now and all of my atomizer improve alot in performing too( just once in 4-5 days) . None of my Atomizers have died yet.

Nick

hxj
    Super Member ECF Veteran

After three months, two of my atomizers finally started getting crudded up—heavy draw, not as much vapor. I tried shaking them gently in hydrogen peroxide, then rinsing in hot water, blowing them out, drying, and priming. One of them came right back to brand-new performance, but the other remained crudded up.

I tried again, this time with 91% isopropyl alcohol. After a bit of shaking, there were definitely some visible black flecks in the alcohol. Again, blew out, dried, and primed, and performance had improved, but not nearly enough.

One more try, only this time I held the closed container with the atomizer and alcohol under hot running water to warm up the alcohol a bit, and this time, after a bit of shaking, there was a LOT of loosened crud swimming in the alcohol. Blew out, dried, and primed, and now it's almost like new—only a slightly heavier draw than one of my newest ones, and about the same excellent vapor production. So I think this will be my new resuscitation technique, for what it's worth.

I also clean my atty in isopropyl alcohol every 2-3 days and so far so good.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default Not cleaning, but improving.....

Just tried this, dont know the long term effects..... My atty started to decline drastically after a few days, i had done a vinegar bath and them ran it under the faucet. Well apparently i had dislodged the wick a bit. I thought i had lost some of it and was going to just trade it in for a new one. But then i saw a diagram of how the attys work, i had always thought that there was some great purpose for the bridge (wicking) so i tried to keep the wick on it, but i just shoved it down deeper where the actual coil is and it vapes now better than it did when it was brand new!! Anyways, thought i would pass it along and see if anyone else has done this

Super Member ECF Veteran

You mean like you just pushed down on it with a pencil eraser or something?

~~Cheryl

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by slowdrag View Post
    I also clean my atty in isopropyl alcohol
    Very poisonous, do not inhale! Use >= 70% ethane alcohol instead.

The only sufficent cleaning here is done by applying 2-3 sec on/ 20sec off power duty cycles from a 3-4,5V ac-adaptor and fix cleaning with ethane alcohol and suck dry with a vacuum cleaner after.

But this shorts the lifetime of the atomizer... but DSE103 batteries from Heaven Gifts do the burn-off autocleaning anyway.
    Last edited by Taelon; 10-08-2009 at 06:00 PM.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Just chiming in. I have heard of people using popcorn machine cleaner to clean their atomizers. It comes in powder form, you pour it into simmering water in a pan on your stove, and put the atomizers in for 10-15 minutes. A vendor sent me a sample ziplock baggy of it with a directions print out. If anyone would be interested I can get the information to you, ie name of cleaner, where to get it, and directions.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I stuck a bobby pin (hair pin) under the steel guard and pushed the wick down closer to the actual atomizer. (i had messed up the wick with the water pressure and it was sticking out everywhere)