Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newb Modders! Easiest DIY 3.7V MOD KIT - EASY

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Default Newb Modders! Easiest DIY 3.7V MOD KIT - EASY

Okay, I have been making mods and having fun. I have made 5v pass-thru's, 3.7v box mods, 5v regulated mods with tiny control switches and am working on a Variable Voltage bottom feed but Top Served juice feeder mod. Then I decided, just for the heck of it, I wanted to try one of these simple little kits. You see, my very first mod, a 3.7v box was ugly as all get out. It had melt spots from poor solder control, and the switch legs were a bit iffy because I held the iron too long and the plastic around the leg started to soften up. Basically, it was my first mod, and it was scary. I had been wanting to redo it for a while, but my 5v were my mods of choice until recently. Once I found these new E2 R4 mods, I discovered that they were terrific even on a 3.7v battery. So I decided I would rebuild my 3.7v box, and to do it, I chose one of the box mod kits that my favorite (only) supplier was selling.

They have these kits, that come with everything you need to make a simple 3.7v box, and the battery case actually comes with all the holes pre-drilled. You can build this kit with nothing more than a bit of glue or epoxy and a soldering iron (well and solder of course)

I had mine put together in under 15 minutes. This kit is perfect for beginners who want to make a mod, but don't want to have to go buy a dremel and all the rest to get it done. You might need something to clean up a hole, but mine were all clean and ready to go. I own a dremel and everything else for modding now, but I only needed epoxy and solder.

The kit has a battery connector, a nice strong switch, an led, a resistor, and a 2xAA battery box with a built in switch. So you have a main switch for the box itself as well as the momentary on switch for a fire switch. You could not get an easier kit for a first time modder in my opinion.

I wish they would make these with a 5v regulator version and a juice box version too. I like building mods for friends and occasional selling as well. These make it so easy it almost feels like I am just building a model. In some ways it is!

Here is a link to the kit on MadVapes and a pic of my own finished kit. Pay no attention to the rubber ring reservoir I superglued onto the top of the mod. It is ugly, but I am paranoid about liquid leaking into one of the battery failure vents in the battery box.

Link To MadVapes Box Mod Kit

The Outside
    Image16.jpg
    The Fast Changing LED
    Image18.jpg
    The Inside
    Image20.jpg

Mark Linehan

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Mark you have given me hope. I may try this.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

I highly recommend this as a first mod for everyone. They are so cheap, so easy to make. You don't have to invest in a hundred tools to build it. You can get away with just a soldering iron and some solder/flux.

If you enjoy building it, as much as I enjoy modding, then you can look into buying tools and more parts and coming up with your own designs, etc. I have been modding like crazy, and plan to keep going and making more and more complex devices as I go. I eventually want to come up with stuff that no one has made before (fat chance) and I have a TON of ideas.

Mark Linehan

Super Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for this post Mark. I followed the link to MadVapes and ordered one of the mod kits. It came in the mail this morning and I am sitting here vaping with it as I am writing this. It is an easy kit to put together and seems to vape great. I had a small issue with the horn switch being hard to work at first. It seems to have come out of this with use. I might have over heated it while soldering the wires to it.
    The main problem is now you have me hooked and I want to make some more. I have an old blackpowder horn that I don't use anymore. Maybe I could use this for a case for a mod. I can just imagine the look on peoples faces when I suck on a powder horn, then blow "smoke". Yea, I've got to do that and go back over to the blackpowder club and see what happens.

Blog Entries

Yes, it is addictive. The only thing I can say about MadVapes that is not great is that I wish they sold a bit more electronics components for making the variable voltage mods. Otherwise, they are great, and I am constantly looking for things that can be modded as well. I am currently spending most of my time making cartomizers from scratch with pill fobs, ego cone covers, dead atty and carto tubes and I have an idea for a power PV that will use triple 14500 batteries and a gargantuan cartomizer with five strands of nichrome wire uncoiled and spread out in a star pattern inside of a large container that will have about 2 amps heating the 5 wires and if it works properly I am hoping for some MAJOR vapor production with this bad boy. It is going to be a pretty large device though.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Mark,

So with this kit, you could use 510 attys? Could you use the 1.7 Ohms low res attys with it or would they put the 2 AA batteries at risk? Can you drip into it and not use a cart?

Is the Joye 510 standard kit 3.7 volts too?

Thank you,
    Lori

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silkakc View Post
    Mark,

So with this kit, you could use 510 attys? Could you use the 1.7 Ohms low res attys with it or would they put the 2 AA batteries at risk? Can you drip into it and not use a cart?
    Is the Joye 510 standard kit 3.7 volts too?
    This kit comes with a 510 battery connector so you can use the 510 atomizers and cartomizers on it. You can do anything on this box mod that you can do on any 510 atomizer or cartomizer. This kit only uses 1 (one) 14500 battery which has a fully charged range from 4.2v down to a nominal working voltage of 3.7v and I don't know how low the charge gets before it cuts out for recharging. You can have 1 battery in the unit and 1 charging at all times. ..and Yes, the standard JoyE 510 is listed as a 3.7v device as far as I know, but it does not last as long as a 14500 in my experience, although I probably vape less now than I did when I first started. When I first started vaping I was buying tornado(ego) parts like there was no tomorrow. Then I found MadVapes, and they saved me SOOOOOOO much money. That is why you always see me eagerly advertising word of mouth for my two favorite sites that I swear by! (look in my signature... no not MY DIFS.Forumer.com website, on the bottom. MadVapes and OneStopDIYshop)

So 8 bucks for the kit and 10 bucks for two 14500 batteries. ..That's not a bad price for a fully 510 compatible PV, eh? oh, well plus the charger, like another 8 bucks or so?? Then you can charge both batteries at once overnight. They charge up pretty quickly and how long a trustfire 14500 lasts depends on your vaping. My 14500's last me between 4 and 6 hours and I am a heavy vaper.

ECF Veteran

Hey Mark, thanks for the post. I just made one of these without the LED and ordered more kits from Madvapes for my grandma and gf's mom. I was wondering how the LED wiring exactly goes? One wire from the switch, to the resistor to the postivie LED leg, one wire from LED negative leg to negative ground, and then I'm confused from there. How does the atomizer get powered with regards to the LED being in there? I tried looking at the Madvapes tutorial but am stumped.
    E-cigs..... how bout them apples Marlboro?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by b00stzx3 View Post
    Hey Mark, thanks for the post. I just made one of these without the LED and ordered more kits from Madvapes for my grandma and gf's mom. I was wondering how the LED wiring exactly goes? One wire from the switch, to the resistor to the postivie LED leg, one wire from LED negative leg to negative ground, and then I'm confused from there. How does the atomizer get powered with regards to the LED being in there? I tried looking at the Madvapes tutorial but am stumped.
    Wire from battery + to switch then two wires from switch one to resistor then led then batt - the other wire to atty + then atty - to battry - .. easy

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Linehan View Post
    Wire from battery + to switch then two wires from switch one to resistor then led then batt - the other wire to atty + then atty - to battry - .. easy
    Ahh 2 wires from the switch output...

THANKS!!!!!!!!!! Hope my Madvapes pack comes tonight or tomorrow to try this out.
    E-cigs..... how bout them apples Marlboro?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast