Need some battery help...fasttech.com question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Need some battery help...fasttech.com question

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Need some battery help...fasttech.com question

Hello my ECF friends!

So earlier tonight I dropped my Efast 18650 IMR and the strangest thing happened. I just 'broke', not sure how and didn't even know it could happen...lol. What ever happened to it, it does not work in my Orion v2.1 now. I tried a different battery on the mod and everything works just fine. So, some how something got messed up and of course I'm just going to toss it to avoid any further problems with it.

Now to my question, I'm picking up a few things from fasttech.com and I'm looking through the batteries figuring I'll throw a 18650 replacement into my order, but I can't find any IMR's. Am I just missing something or are they called something different on that site? Any help is greatly appreciated, just do me the favor of only answering if your sure of the answer. They don't have to be IMR's exactly, I just want to make sure I get a safe product. You guys and gals are the best and thank you in advance for your help!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Personally I would recommend RTDVapor.com...have never used Efest but I can tell you their AW 18650s as well as shipping times and customer service are top notch.

ECF Veteran

Oh, it wasn't a hack on Efest at all. In fact I have a lot of their batteries and they work just fine. Fasttech is just cheap and I'm ordering some things from there anyway so was seeing if anyone could point me in the right direction.
    chellemmm likes this.

ECF Veteran

Well, fasttech has a really limited selection of batteries in the sizes popular for such applications, I find. No 18500s at all, one or two 18350s and maybe no IMR 18650s either. Place in your sig would be where I'd recommend currently. I'm sure there's a China option on Efests that's cheaper but I don't know of one I'd order from.

ECF Veteran

Here, this is better. I forgot fasttech has those weird pull down menu things. __> http://www.fasttech.com/products/1420/10001980/1141101 $10.03 Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries 2-pack - authentic cells / 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    ........'s has a code for 5% of something, it's, amusingly, TENOFF I think.
    chellemmm and peraspera like this.

ECF Veteran

Thanks guys...always love my ECF backup!

Moved On

CPASTE13SPRING
    Is the new FastTech coupon code.
    Just placed an order last night.
    Free upgrade shipping if you spend $15.
    They have the best deal on clearos.
    chellemmm and Centurion like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just bought some Panasonic ncr18650pd's from fasttech they were 15 bucks for 2 and they are the upgrade to the cgr18650ch's with 650 more mah. They are rated for 10a discharge so they are perfect for vaping. The ncr18650b's are like 17 bucks for 2 and are supposed to be good also at 3400mah but don't have as high a discharge. Mine took 10 days to get from hong kong to chicago with free shipping and the batteries come in a nice plastic case. They are the only place I'm getting my batteries anymore. They have the best batteries for the best price with free shipping and nice plastic cases. That's a win, win, win, win.
    chellemmm and Centurion like this.

ECF Veteran

The PDs are apparently Li-Ion but not Li-Mn like the CHs are. They have a higher capacity but don't have the safer chemistry advantage from what I have read. The CHs you can short and they won't blow up. It'll rise to about 180 C but won't outgas.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The PD's are so-called "hybrids" and have safe chemistry, and they are the best battery available for especially low ohm vaping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast