14500 battery charger from FastTech questions
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joejoe

Thread: 14500 battery charger from FastTech questions

  1. #1
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cabo San Lucas, MX
    Posts
    70

    Question 14500 battery charger from FastTech questions

    I just recently purchased a SuperT Precise Simplicity and 3 AW IMR 14500 batteries. I was a bit impulsive on buying the battery charger and bought one without doing any research. I bought the following charger from FastTech and due to the price, I'm afraid I bought something that is either dangerous, or incompatible with my batteries. I can't find any information about it. Will this charger work with my AW IMR 14500 batteries? What are the draw backs of this charger?

    $3.74 Portable Digital Battery Charger for 14500 Rechargeable Batteries - US plug / charges two 14500 at once at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

    Thank you
    kiwivap likes this.

  2. #2
    ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    unsure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Silicon Valley, California
    Posts
    17,470

    Default

    Thats a good price but I have several mods that use different size batts so that wouldn't help me.

    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

  3. #3
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    kiwivap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,992
    Blog Entries
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe View Post
    I just recently purchased a SuperT Precise Simplicity and 3 AW IMR 14500 batteries. I was a bit impulsive on buying the battery charger and bought one without doing any research. I bought the following charger from FastTech and due to the price, I'm afraid I bought something that is either dangerous, or incompatible with my batteries. I can't find any information about it. Will this charger work with my AW IMR 14500 batteries? What are the draw backs of this charger?

    $3.74 Portable Digital Battery Charger for 14500 Rechargeable Batteries - US plug / charges two 14500 at once at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

    Thank you
    Yes it will charge your 14500 batteries - its a charger for rechargeables.
    The drawback is you've bought a no-name cheap charger. The quality may not be very good and you take a risk. I won't lecture you with horror stories - but your choice isn't the best and I do strongly recommend you get yourself something better. I wouldn't use it.
    This is a good charger - lots of vapers are using the Nitecore 12s:
    http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1...cd-smart-batte

    Other good chargers are Xtar or Pila.
    Last edited by kiwivap; 06-24-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    About Variable Wattage & Variable Voltage


    Gear: LP Reo Grand, Innokin SVD, Vamo, Zmax, VMod XL, CCST, Bolt



  4. #4
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cabo San Lucas, MX
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwivap View Post
    The drawback is you've bought a no-name cheap charger. The quality may not be very good and you take a risk. I won't lecture you with horror stories - but your choice isn't the best and I do strongly recommend you get yourself something better. I wouldn't use it.
    This is what I'm looking for. I couldn't find any reviews of these chargers and would like to read some of those stories and why I should or shouldn't use this charger. I read this charger has built in battery protection and fault detection, so I would like to know what the risks are above these features, or if these features don't work on this particular charger.

    Thanks guys.

  5. #5
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cabo San Lucas, MX
    Posts
    70

    Default

    I think further down the road, I'll get one of these: $25.06 Lightmore Q-128 Battery Charger for 18650 / 26650 / 16340 / 14500 / 10440 Battery - US Plug at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

    I love that USB output option! Very cool. But for now, I want to make sure my house isn't going to go up in flames or my batteries aren't going to explode with the cheap charger I bought.

  6. #6
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    kiwivap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,992
    Blog Entries
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe View Post
    This is what I'm looking for. I couldn't find any reviews of these chargers and would like to read some of those stories and why I should or shouldn't use this charger. I read this charger has built in battery protection and fault detection, so I would like to know what the risks are above these features, or if these features don't work on this particular charger.

    Thanks guys.
    That's one issue - how do we find reviews of a no-name charger? I prefer to use something that has reviews and a good track record that is known. Your charger may have those features you mention but I would question the quality control on such a cheap generic unit.
    About Variable Wattage & Variable Voltage


    Gear: LP Reo Grand, Innokin SVD, Vamo, Zmax, VMod XL, CCST, Bolt



  7. #7
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    kiwivap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,992
    Blog Entries
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe View Post
    I think further down the road, I'll get one of these: $25.06 Lightmore Q-128 Battery Charger for 18650 / 26650 / 16340 / 14500 / 10440 Battery - US Plug at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

    I love that USB output option! Very cool. But for now, I want to make sure my house isn't going to go up in flames or my batteries aren't going to explode with the cheap charger I bought.
    I don't know that one - there should be some reviews online. All the best with it.
    About Variable Wattage & Variable Voltage


    Gear: LP Reo Grand, Innokin SVD, Vamo, Zmax, VMod XL, CCST, Bolt



  8. #8
    ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    unsure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Silicon Valley, California
    Posts
    17,470

    Default

    Pila Xtar are the best chargers. Do you need the best...I'd argue no. You dont want the cheapest either. 4+ years of vaping and Trustfires have been safe and worked well for me...just my opinion.

    Battery chargers at RTD Vapor
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

  9. #9
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    kiwivap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,992
    Blog Entries
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unsure View Post
    Pila Xtar are the best chargers. Do you need the best...I'd argue no. You dont want the cheapest either. 4+ years of vaping and Trustfires have been safe and worked well for me...just my opinion.

    Battery chargers at RTD Vapor
    I have a couple of Trustfire TR-001s that have worked ok for me. If I use them its for the 18350s. Mostly though I use an Xtar WP2 that is a very good and not too expensive charger. It can charge the 18650s quicker and is a better quality. Its this one:
    http://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store...-wp2-ii-detail
    The Nitecore 12 on the RTD Vapor page is the same one Fasttech are selling cheaper with free shipping:
    http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1...cd-smart-batte
    About Variable Wattage & Variable Voltage


    Gear: LP Reo Grand, Innokin SVD, Vamo, Zmax, VMod XL, CCST, Bolt



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks