Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: I believe fasttech needs to rethink their shipping method

Super Member Verified Member jswag5's Avatar

Thumbs down I believe fasttech needs to rethink their shipping method

I'm not sure if this has been posted before somewhere else.

I placed my first order with fastech about 2 and a half weeks ago, all items i ordered were in stock and my package left their hands the next day.

Now heres where the problems are getting to be too much. I know international shipping can be a bear to deal with, some companies will not even do business internationally because of this. But my package moved three times according to the tracking within a couple days and i thought "this is great i will get this thing in no time."
    But after the last update on the tracking it has not moved, over 2 weeks and the tracking still says sorted through facility at the KLIA.
    I know that some people say it take take over a month to receive their orders, and i expected such, but isn't it a bit ridiculous to have a package collect dust for 2 weeks without being moved or updated. I expected that there may be a customs delay when it entered the US, but was not expecting this delay before it left the originating country.
    Am i just being impatient or should this problem be addressed since the package might actually be lost?

I would have gladly paid postal charges if i knew this would be so frustrating just to avoid this.

Confused and disappointed

2. Advertisement
    King of the Clouds Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

They take forever, they are a giant China version of Amazon.
    mvroman likes this.
    "Don't drip and drive!"-Cloud Junky

Slightly mad but harmless Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Where are you checking your tracking? Once your stuff hits stateside, you can switch over to USPS tracking. Overseas tracking usually won't help much in the way of updates once it's on the plane/boat to the US.

My last two packages took about three weeks from ordering to mailbox, and one sat in Chicago for five days before it started moving again.

according to tracking it is still in malaysia hasnt moved for 2 weeks
    Even checking with usps tracking it says its still in malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by jswag5 View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been posted before somewhere else.

I placed my first order with fastech about 2 and a half weeks ago, all items i ordered were in stock and my package left their hands the next day.

Now heres where the problems are getting to be too much. I know international shipping can be a bear to deal with, some companies will not even do business internationally because of this. But my package moved three times according to the tracking within a couple days and i thought "this is great i will get this thing in no time."
    But after the last update on the tracking it has not moved, over 2 weeks and the tracking still says sorted through facility at the KLIA.
    I know that some people say it take take over a month to receive their orders, and i expected such, but isn't it a bit ridiculous to have a package collect dust for 2 weeks without being moved or updated. I expected that there may be a customs delay when it entered the US, but was not expecting this delay before it left the originating country.
    Am i just being impatient or should this problem be addressed since the package might actually be lost?

I would have gladly paid postal charges if i knew this would be so frustrating just to avoid this.

Confused and disappointed

My first and only order took 2 months and change. So be prepared to wait. There's a huge ECF thread on fasttech. Check with that for current shipping states. If you want quick, don't order there. My package was in your package's state for 5 weeks, so anything goes. But you'll get it some day. Track once a week instead of every week!! Personally I don't shop there after my first and only experience. It was pure agony! I got a reo and I don't anything else anyway!
    Izan and Jugband like this.

well, i admit i ordered a lot of batts and a couple mods and drippers, so all my next orders will probably be stuff i can deal without for a while, but my ego style stick is giving up the ghost it has gone from lasting me all day to needing charged 2 or 3 times a day so i kinda need my new mods. when i placed my order my ego stick was doing ok so i wasnt needing the new mods i just needed some backup just in case it got weak, well, its not gunna last if it takes 5 weeks.
    Last edited by jswag5; 04-13-2014 at 02:26 AM.

Senior Member Verified Member squee's Avatar

In the past month, I've had 11 shipments from FT. 4 were shipped Singapore Post due to batteries and liquids - and 7 went epacket.

10 of the 11 packages arrived in 10-13 days. One took 16 days (mostly because it seemed to be looping around SF for a few days)

All my previous orders with them arrived in similar time frames with one exception - it was sent via Sweden Post and took 28 days. I've never made that mistake in shipping selection again

Is the last tracking update 'origin post is preparing shipment'? Because that means it has shipped, is probably already in this country and waiting to be processed by customs. I don't know what ISC Malaysia post goes through though. I do know that all my SP's goes through SF and my epackets go through NY. If yours is going through Chicago, that could be your problem right there

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I decided after the first go around with getting anything from Fasttech to just pay more and order from the states.. Yes, it costs more, but you get what you order in a few days.
    Nikkita6 and ImperfectFuture like this.

Accessories Supplier ECF Veteran inter_ceptor00's Avatar

Can you choose the shipping method? Opt for express mail or registered and consider that part of the cost. You will get better tracking and faster shipping.
    Last edited by inter_ceptor00; 04-13-2014 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Ω and add insurance
    ~There is an old-time toast which is golden for its beauty. "When you ascend the hill of prosperity may you not meet a friend."~
    Puddn'head Wilson

the last update says processed through sort facility.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast