Responding to FDA deeming proposal - Please wait!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Responding to FDA deeming proposal - Please wait!!

ECF Founder Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Responding to FDA deeming proposal - Please wait!!

Dear all,

We each have until July 9th to comment on the FDA's deeming proposal, and the FDA will simply reject anything that isn't backed up by supporting evidence.

The proposals were only released on Thursday, and countless experts are currently pouring over it, trying to establish exactly what the proposals mean for the future of vaping.

Accordingly, I strongly urge everyone to hold off submitting comment to the FDA until such a time as we have some real understanding of what the regs entail.

In the meantime, there are some very good initial write-ups linked below:

http://blog.casaa.org/2014/04/fda-re...ttes-huge.html

CASAA: CASAA Assessment of FDA Deeming Regulation, April 25, 2014

http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/...mbustible.html

http://rodutobaccotruth.blogspot.com...data-awol.html

In Answer to the "What do I do now" Question
    More to come - please PM me any you see so I can add them.

Many thanks,

SJ
    Last edited by SmokeyJoe; 05-02-2014 at 07:44 AM.
    Kent C, Katya, salemgold and 18 others like this.

Full Member Verified Member

I've been off analogs for over a year, and I won't go down without a fight! I just joined CASAA, and I strongly suggest we stand together on this! I will continue to read here for all my info on FDA regs! We have to protect our rights!
    Talyon and FlamingoTutu like this.

Please post any updates from CASAA as a sticky if possible.. I haven't seen anything new yet as what they have come up with after a quick look at the site. (also a member just to clarify ) planning on trying to donate soon as they are helping immensely
    FlamingoTutu likes this.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by badwolf91 View Post
    Please post any updates from CASAA as a sticky if possible.. I haven't seen anything new yet as what they have come up with after a quick look at the site. (also a member just to clarify ) planning on trying to donate soon as they are helping immensely
    Here is one that hasn't been posted yet...
    CASAA: FDA regulation of e-cigarettes: huge costs, little or no benefit, says CASAA

ECF Moderator
    Registered Reviewers/Bloggers Manager
    Asst. Classifieds Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by badwolf91 View Post
    Keep an eye on this forum you're in now (FDA Regulations) - there are lots of topics in here now - as well as the CASAA Forum.
    NorthOfAtlanta, LaraC and Talyon like this.
    ECF Sub-Ohm Safety Tips
    FDA Forum | CASAA Forum | Legislation News | Nicotine Myths | E-Cigarette Politics

New from ECF: www.VAPING.com
    S M O K E . F R E E . & . V A P I N G . S I N C E . A U G. 1 0 , 2 0 1 1

as posted above, I had not been checking the actually CASAA forum for updates

Thank you sonic

Overview of CASAA's Action Plan Regarding Proposed FDA Regulations

I have posted the question as to rather this idea that we only get 1 comment is true as it seems it may not be, please refrain from posting a comment until we know for sure but general consensus is that we need an extension on the amount of time as the FDA has put many years and posted a 250+ page document with supporting docs and we only get 75 days... this is inadequate. just thought I should share for people who are only looking at this area of the forums for info on how to respond to the FDA as the CASAA form is a great place to check (as noted above) as well as they are going to be the ones to help unify us instead of tons of comments going different directions getting us nowhere.
    Also like posted on other threads, start looking in depth at your local senators and above and when the elections come around later this year make sure we are contacting them and telling them if they want our vote that we need their stance on things we care about dearly that are being attacked, for me it will be gun control and vaping majorly along w/ tax's and transparency. (though my list could go on and on) as I believe I have the right to a safer alternative that is not a cigalike and that this thriving industry that has become so innovative is the reason people are quitting cigarettes as many I tried blu and was still a smoker for the week I had my blu, then got a vv PV ego style and was done smoking that same week and have not had a stinky for 6 months.
    Also just to be clear I around gun control, I feel that a good citizen should always have access to bear arms and carry as the people doing things like robbing and killing are generally guns bought black market anyway and a restrictive law on a good citizen will do more harm than good IMO as we should have the ability to protect ourselves and our fellow people, also it is just a great and fun hobby and completely safe if taken seriously, there is always room for error but that comes with anything. but that's for a whole different conversation in a different place just wanted to clarify myself to any readers.

Blog Entries

I have no idea if this will give us any info but I just requested the info for clinical trials near me. When I worked I collected clinical data for AMI, CHF and Pneumonia. Within those statistics we collected smoking cessation. I'm hoping this will give us some added info and proof that e-cigs have worked for people. I can't say for sure if they collected e-cigs as data but hospitals usually do things before the public knows. That's what these clinical trials are for...Here's the link, if you are interested.
    http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/re...king+cessation
    These statistics are public information.
    Last edited by Freedombadeaux; 05-17-2014 at 10:39 PM.
    LaraC likes this.
    Freedombadeaux...Take a stand against the man! Put down the sticks and burn your wicks!

Blog Entries

I'd like to know what the internet based INTERVENTION is...think I called a few friends!
    Freedombadeaux...Take a stand against the man! Put down the sticks and burn your wicks!

Full Member ECF Veteran

Email/call your senators and representatives. Who know if it'll do any good but I can't see how it can hurt, unless you say something dumb. I would suggest at least let them know that e-cigs are the reason you do not smoke tobacco today (if that it true for you). What the FDA says about e-cigs not being a cessation alternative is CRAP and our congress needs to know how many of us actually quit because of e-cigs. I would also suggest that we let congress know we are FOR banning e-cig products to minors as well as manufacturers listing ingredients in e-juice (I mean, we ARE for that right?). Also use Facebook to help.
    Jman8 likes this.

Moved On

At this point its a mistake to not comment. Some people are waiting until the very last moment of the current period to comment, before they even give a view on what should be specifically said. Sure comment again when various entities put out suggestions. But more is better on comments, because the FDA is looking for UNIQUE comments, they are not doing a count. Congressmen will do a count, elected officials, but the FDA is looking at only specific issues. Unique issues.

If the extension is granted, sure that give more time, but US Senators are already pressuring the FDA to not grant an extension, and they are under no obligation (or risk really) if they do not.

Its going to be the end of the Summer when lots of people are on vacations, when the current comment period expires, two weeks before the deadline has more people gone. So its a real question if delayed comments result in no comment from a person on vacation.

The most important thing is you can comment as often as you want. Daily if you want. It not use it like a single vote. So if someone has a comment that nobody else has thought of, its a risk that they will wait, and it won't be reflected.

Comment, and comment often. And it goes without saying to comment in a well mannered and thoughtful way, there are a horde of interns sorting them out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast