"I think they're crazy..." - Page 14
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree853Likes

Thread: "I think they're crazy..."

Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by RosaJ View Post
    ....Oh, and it bugs them to no end that they can't use us as their punching bag whenever they have the need to feel superior.
    Well, isn't that just too bad?
    Uma, NorthOfAtlanta, RosaJ and 1 others like this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran choochoogranny's Avatar

Sorry, Anjaffm, haven't kept up......Talking about slow running any more! Been getting ready for a soon to be trip into the "wilds of Alaska" where dau. and family live; and need to be absolutely sure I'm bringing enough vaping supplies for the duration 'cause they don't have a whole lot where I'm going. Clothes I can get easily. Juice not so much.
    Anjaffm likes this.

Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

@choochoo:

oh how lovely! I hope you have a ball!
    choochoogranny likes this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

Such a lovely lady

When I started vaping I thought of it as a new fun hobby, specially since it emulates flavor and smoke. Now and unintentionally I'm an ex-hookah smoker. I mean how did that happen?

LOL all the better!
    Anjaffm and choochoogranny like this.

Thank you, VENAIS. When I started vaping which I didn't know anything about a month before I started, I didn't know that I was going to learn so much more. Using a hookah for instance I'd only seen in movies of the mid-east and thought it very exotic. What do you know by golly! People use it here in the U.S. as well! Now I'm learning that some hookah users are also switching over to vaping too. Such a learning curve I'm going through!
    VENAXIS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by choochoogranny View Post
    Thank you, VENAIS. When I started vaping which I didn't know anything about a month before I started, I didn't know that I was going to learn so much more. Using a hookah for instance I'd only seen in movies of the mid-east and thought it very exotic. What do you know by golly! People use it here in the U.S. as well! Now I'm learning that some hookah users are also switching over to vaping too. Such a learning curve I'm going through!
    To be honest at first I had no idea that other people also switched from smoking hookah to vaping, until recently in my previous posts I saw others who also converted, which really made me happy After all, the closest thing to vaping in my opinion is smoking hookah, which is probably what made it so easy for me to convert from the first puff
    Last edited by VENAXIS; 07-06-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hm... yeah.. there seem to be different kinds of hookah. (?)

I used to smoke one with some friends. Boy, that one took my socks off, even as a smoker You had to inhale veeery carefully or get a big huge coughing fit. - Now, a few weeks ago, I visited a young colleague for a party. They fixed a hookah with hot stones (?) and it was completely like vaping - cool and mild and very lovely.

I think vaping is a lot like enjoying a nice hookah. Or a nice small cigar, minus the smoke as such. Very nice and easygoing and enjoyable
    Welcome to ECF, VENAXIS!
    choochoogranny and VENAXIS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjaffm View Post
    Hm... yeah.. there seem to be different kinds of hookah. (?)

I used to smoke one with some friends. Boy, that one took my socks off, even as a smoker You had to inhale veeery carefully or get a big huge coughing fit. - Now, a few weeks ago, I visited a young colleague for a party. They fixed a hookah with hot stones (?) and it was completely like vaping - cool and mild and very lovely.

I think vaping is a lot like enjoying a nice hookah. Or a nice small cigar, minus the smoke as such. Very nice and easygoing and enjoyable
    Welcome to ECF, VENAXIS!
    Yes! I only know of two types, the regular hookah/shisha everybody smokes (including me), and another type called jurak that can be too strong even for a lifetime cigarette/hookah smoker (however some types can be mild. It's also taller in size - maybe 1.5-2 meters). The difference is mainly the moassel which is why I don't understand why jurak is bigger in size (there's probably a reason). Also, jurak has a richer and more complex taste according to its smokers, since it uses a better high quality tobacco and better high quality natural flavors (does not contain the weird chemicals available in normal shisha moassel > more natural).

The regular one has many names, including: Hookah/Shisha/Argeela/Arkeela (Usually uses fruit flavored tobacco)
    The strong one: Jurak/Jarak (Usually uses high quality natural flavors/herbs and tobacco)
    Moassel = Basically what you smoke (the flavoreed tobacco on the shisha, for example..)

The one that needs careful inhaling is probably jurak

I've tried the stone charcoals and it was the best shisha I've ever had (from what I know, it is considered the highest quality charcoal out there - also expensive). Very smooth and cool inhaling. It also produces lots and lots of smoke

I completely agree! Thank you, Anjaffm!

*Sorry for the long unrelated comment. I just wanted to share what I know about these things since I saw question marks
    Last edited by VENAXIS; 07-09-2014 at 04:18 AM.

Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

thank you for the explanation, dear!
    choochoogranny and VENAXIS like this.

Whew! Learning more stuff! Okay, would the hookah users be zapped by the new FDA regs too?