So what might really happen with regulations/bans? Should we be stocking up? - Page 5
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: So what might really happen with regulations/bans? Should we be stocking up?

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by GaryInTexas View Post
    I wish that we had a very knowledgeable and well spoken spokesperson who could be contacted and made available by teleconference at short notice so that when local medias wanted to run a vaping story, that person could be contacted and provide a balanced and accurate report.
    There are many such people, and every blue moon someone actually contacts them for quotes.
    But most of the time, the opinions from our side are not desired.

Or maybe, to give them the benefit of the doubt, I should say...
    Perhaps they aren't even aware we HAVE a side, or people qualified to speak to that.

Which of course just means they haven't done ANY real research at all.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
    There are many such people, and every blue moon someone actually contacts them for quotes.
    But most of the time, the opinions from our side are not desired.

Or maybe, to give them the benefit of the doubt, I should say...
    Perhaps they aren't even aware we HAVE a side, or people qualified to speak to that.

Which of course just means they haven't done ANY real research at all.
    Exactly. Stacking the deck has been going on for some time, like shows that book "liberals" that have no idea what "liberals" are thinking or saying. It's a joke, too bad it's not funny when it's so misleading.

I don't know what's going on with that reporter or if they are reflecting an editoral position. Keep calling them on it. These things change in inches rather than feet or miles.
    "Don't blink."

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kent C View Post
    I did see the 'heat'. I think that he choose HELP instead, (he had to know he'd take some heat - all get this all the time even the Dems :-) shows even more support than just his quote, imo.
    But did he issue a press release on ecigs?
    "Don't blink."

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aikanae1 View Post
    But did he issue a press release on ecigs?
    Yes.

Richard Burr, United States Senator of North Carolina: Press Releases

the "more"

http://www.burr.senate.gov/public/_f...%20Oct2013.pdf
    Last edited by Kent C; 07-24-2014 at 03:22 AM.
    LaraC and aikanae1 like this.

I really hope nothing drastic happens here in a negative way...would be a shame. I wonder if Health Canada will follow suit...

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ddzc View Post
    I really hope nothing drastic happens here in a negative way...would be a shame. I wonder if Health Canada will follow suit...
    Sadly, I think we both know what that answer is. From my understanding, HC doesn't seem to think they need any laws or regulations to do what they please with nicotine.
    "Don't blink."

Senior Member ECF Veteran nostinkies's Avatar

I just spent the last 10mins reading all this banter about cassa..... :-/ Back to the original posted question... YES you should be stocking up on 100mg nic! NOW, not tomorrow. RIGHT NOW. This comment period is a formality and a waste of time. We WILL all get screwed with the FDA rules. I feel bad for the brick and mortars, but I don't even visit them anymore. My local stores have gotten greedy and are milking this cow for all it's worth while they can. I'm going it alone on this one. If you don't think you can quit vaping today and NOT go back to smokes, you better be proactive. And I think you can write all the letters to the village idiots in washington, but at the end of the day, the only one that will look out for you is YOURSELF!!!! Get going NOW on diy juice if you're not doing it yet. I'm not worried about devices, I travel the world and will get them home one way or the other. Anything else you need, you can buy at walmart.

So YES! Stock up on 100mg nic, stick it in dark glass bottles in the freezer and sit back and watch the show. Worst case, you'll save tons of money making your juice. Think $1.30 for a 30ml bottle. (I was paying close to $20 for the same stuff!) Now that's robbery!

To OP without quoting:

I did some pretty hard thinking before deciding what to say to you. You've already been given good advice on how to stock up but, additionally, to make good decisions you have to know what you're dealing with. That is not only corruption and greed but bigotry. No doubt you already know about the corruption as well as the greed but perhaps haven't considered that you are now a member of a group targeted by bigots. Racism, sexism or many of the other "isms" involving prejudice and bigotry, supposedly not acceptable to the power group, have been transfered by them beginning with smoking and now vaping along with political ideologies that disagree with their own. In summary, you're dealing with haters... closeted or not. If you're following the news, then you know Louis Lerner's emails in which she shows such hatred and intolerance that it can only be described as bigotry have been divulged to the public. Currently no term has been popularly developed for this "new" brand of discrimination so I just refer to it as bigotry. As such it is not rational so can't be dealt with rationally especially when making decisions. All one can do is recognize they are a target due to their chosen lifestyle and prepare as best they can but you can't do that if you succumb to the idea that there's some sort of rationality behind attempts to "protect" or "aid" you. I'm afraid that kind of lofty idealism will leave you unprepared and at their mercy which they have little-to-none of. Just recognize this one single thing and you'll no longer be waiting for some sort of rational move by the powers that be but preparing for "man's inhumanity to man."
    wv2win, Kent C, DC2 and 10 others like this.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by patkin View Post
    To OP without quoting:

I did some pretty hard thinking before deciding what to say to you. You've already been given good advice on how to stock up but, additionally, to make good decisions you have to know what you're dealing with. That is not only corruption and greed but bigotry. No doubt you already know about the corruption as well as the greed but perhaps haven't considered that you are now a member of a group targeted by bigots. Racism, sexism or many of the other "isms" involving prejudice and bigotry, supposedly not acceptable to the power group, have been transfered by them beginning with smoking and now vaping along with political ideologies that disagree with their own. In summary, you're dealing with haters... closeted or not. If you're following the news, then you know Louis Lerner's emails in which she shows such hatred and intolerance that it can only be described as bigotry have been divulged to the public. Currently no term has been popularly developed for this "new" brand of discrimination so I just refer to it as bigotry. As such it is not rational so can't be dealt with rationally especially when making decisions. All one can do is recognize they are a target due to their chosen lifestyle and prepare as best they can but you can't do that if you succumb to the idea that there's some sort of rationality behind attempts to "protect" or "aid" you. I'm afraid that kind of lofty idealism will leave you unprepared and at their mercy which they have little-to-none of. Just recognize this one single thing and you'll no longer be waiting for some sort of rational move by the powers that be but preparing for "man's inhumanity to man."
    Outstanding post.

This summarizes our situation precisely and succinctly.
    And teaches a few lessons, for those who are inclined to learn them.

For those that aren't so inclined?
    Good luck.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

patkin

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast