FDA Deeming Comments - I'm starting to be worried - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: FDA Deeming Comments - I'm starting to be worried

Blog Entries

Monday's ruling by Judge Leon inspired me for a new comment on the deeming docket:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...apricious.html
    The war against vaping continues: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/fda-regulations/
    Get involved: casaa.org

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aikanae1 View Post
    There are a fair share of people that appreciate the copy paste method of writing. It would be nice to start a thread of good comments submitted as inspiration that others can use for formatting their own comments.
    Yeah, that would be nice.
    DC2, DrMA and TinkDosi like this.

Blog Entries

I knew that glANTZ letter with the 129 ANTZ signatories would come in handy. It made perfect fodder for my latest micro-comment to the FDA deeming. Check it out:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...searchers.html

In other news, out of 50,890 comments posted to the FDA docket, 45,313 are about cigars, and I can only find a little over 3,000 that have anything to do with ecigs. The rest are probably comments with attachments, that do not mention search terms in the main comment box. With the prior data about which I've written previously that shows about a 5-2 ANTZ to pro-vaping ratio, this means there are only around 1,200 comments in support of vaping (2,230 under the best assumptions). In any case, if there are a few million vapers in the US, this is very disconcerting.
    Last edited by DrMA; 07-29-2014 at 06:22 AM.
    The war against vaping continues: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/fda-regulations/

Ultra Member ECF Veteran aubergine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aikanae1 View Post
    this came in my email:

MoveOn Petitions - Voice Your Choice

Yea, it's just a petition to Congress but the brillant part is that it's on MoveOn - and that's the dem's base. Issues are voted on. If this made an impact, dems would notice. More people belong to MoveOn than to the dems.

I'm pushing my non smoking friends to sign.
    Please sign this! MoveOn is huge. Their petitions need serious numbers, though. Great catch, alkanae! Needs to be in media thread.
    LaraC, DrMA and resqx like this.

Blog Entries

FYI -
    ANTZ really stepped up their comments. I'm seeing a huge amount of "form" type comments posted in the last 24h.

Like this: Regulations.gov
    And this: Regulations.gov

I also posted a new comment, which is available on my ECF blog.
    dragonpuff likes this.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Who would win in a fight between an ANTZ and an electronic cigarette user?

ProVarinati Supporting Member Gato del Jugo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrMA View Post
    ANTZ really stepped up their comments. I'm seeing a huge amount of "form" type comments posted in the last 24h.

Like this: Regulations.gov
    "As studies and tobacco industry documents reveal, sweet flavors are especially appealing to kids."

They just walk right into that, don't they..

Having fun with FDA comments?

Why is the FDA even bothering trying to regulate e-cigarettes? The FDA can't even handle things that they are already supposed to regulate -- like highly-addictive nicotine gum & lozenges containing ingredients derived from what the FDA & Congress define as tobacco.

Any child or teenager under the age of 18 can simply visit the websites of national pharmacy chains like CVS (CVS pharmacy - Online Pharmacy - Shop for Wellness and Beauty Products) or Walgreens (Welcome to Walgreens - Your Home for Prescriptions, Photos and Health Information), and with the appropriate information, purchase these concentrated-nicotine gums & lozenges and have them delivered to their home by the post office.

A simple search of these pharmacy websites will bring up dozens of available products in colorful & enticing packaging that are clearly marketed towards young children.

These products come in flavors like "Cool Mint," "Fruit Wave," "Cinnamon" & "Cherry." Not to mention that the nicotine lozenges look like little candies -- and we all know how much children love their candy.

And gum? Nicotine-laced gum? What are these companies & the FDA trying to do to our innocent children?? Addict them for life *and* give them cavities? Shame on all of you.

Regulate e-cigarettes? No, obviously the FDA already has too much on their plate, as they can't even handle regulating products that they already are supposed to be regulating! The FDA is trying to bite off much more than they could possibly chew -- pun not intended, of course.

I request that the FDA does not regulate e-cigarettes. Instead, they need to get a handle on these nicotine-laced gums & candies clearly marketed towards our children.

Thank you for your time & expected cooperation in this matter.

Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
    Who would win in a fight between an ANTZ and an electronic cigarette user?
    In a one-on-one fight: the e-cigarette user. Any time. Especially an e-cigarette user who has been subjected to a whole lot of ANTZ lies, hatred, aggression and contempt.
    Do give me an ANTZ face to face. And then, let them open their mouth and start spewing their hatred. Please! Oh please!
    DC2, JC Okie and NorthOfAtlanta like this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anjaffm View Post
    In a one-on-one fight: the e-cigarette user. Any time. Especially an e-cigarette user who has been subjected to a whole lot of ANTZ lies, hatred, aggression and contempt.
    Do give me an ANTZ face to face. And then, let them open their mouth and start spewing their hatred. Please! Oh please!
    The problem is they are glANTZbots, they only know the company line and will continue to repeat it as that's all they know. They are firmly in the repeat a lie often enough and it will become the truth class. Do not bother them with studies or the truth as they only believe their own propaganda.

DrMA likes this.
    Support CASAA http://casaa.org/

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have no doubt that most of the ANTZ foot-soldiers are just regular everyday people...

But they are people that have been conditioned through years of propaganda to HATE tobacco.
    And over the last few years, they have been taught to hate nicotine.

Many of them probably know someone who died of cancer.
    They have as much passion as we do.

But their passion is misplaced, and they should really be on our side.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast