CASAA Call to Prepare re FDA Regulations Comments - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: CASAA Call to Prepare re FDA Regulations Comments

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigdancehawk View Post
    I seem to recall that somebody somewhere compiled a list of the questions posed in the deeming regulations. Do you or does anybody know where to find that?
    I thinkk that was in the third call to action? On the CASAA site?

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I seem to recall that somebody somewhere compiled a list of the questions posed in the deeming regulations. Do you or does anybody know where to find that?

Comments listing.

first 5 posts....

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That's it! Took a lot of work on your part. Many thanks. Quite a few of the questions are impossible to answer now, and maybe not ever. Surely they must know that. And many more would require long term and very expensive studies which can't possibly be completed within the allowed time period. Surely they know that also. They're pretending to ask for information, but in reality I seriously doubt it. Either they are playing games or they're idiots.

Maybe the best approach would be to say: "Here's how we think you should regulate e-cigarettes," followed by some concrete suggestions of what they should do and what they shouldn't do. I suggested that they should establish objective standards for e-juice content and manufacturing methods, along the lines of AEMSA. I told them that any attempt to regulate mods would be pointless and counterproductive. I don't care what they do with cigalikes. The more ineffective they are, the more people will turn to 2nd and 3rd generation products.
    Kent C, dragonpuff and LaraC like this.
    Please become an active CASAA member. "It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- John Philpot Curran: Speech upon the Right of Election, 1790.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

That's it! Took a lot of work on your part. Many thanks. Quite a few of the questions are impossible to answer now, and maybe not ever. Surely they must know that. And many more would require long term and very expensive studies which can't possibly be completed within the allowed time period. Surely they know that also. They're pretending to ask for information, but in reality I seriously doubt it. Either they are playing games or they're idiots.

Maybe the best approach would be to say: "Here's how we think you should regulate e-cigarettes," followed by some concrete suggestions of what they should do and what they shouldn't do. I suggested that they should establish objective standards for e-juice content and manufacturing methods, along the lines of AEMSA. I told them that any attempt to regulate mods would be pointless and counterproductive. I don't care what they do with cigalikes. The more ineffective they are, the more people will turn to 2nd and 3rd generation products.
    Within that thread was another link:

Brick by Brick: the Questions | diehealthy.org

Also good....
    bigdancehawk, LaraC, Jman8 and 1 others like this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678