Letter from senator Dianne Feinstein - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Letter from senator Dianne Feinstein

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ingredients in the Nicorette QuickMist Spray (FDA Approved):
    - 1mg Nicotine (per spray) to be used up to 64 times a day (64mg)
    - Propylene glycol
    - Anhydrous ethanol ( pure alcohol)
    - Trometamol (Pain Reliever)
    - Poloxamer 407 (Degreaser - Cleaning Solution)
    - Glycerol
    - Sodium hydrogen carbonate (Antacid)
    - Levomenthol (Menthol - anaesthetic)
    - Mint flavour
    - Cooling flavour
    - Sucralose (Low Calorie Sweetener)
    - Acesulfame potassium (Low Calorie Artificial Sweetener)
    - Hydrochloric acid - (They approved this for consumption ?)
    - Purified water

Ingredients in Vaping products (E-liquid):
    (you would have to use 3.5ml of 18mg eliquid daily to equal the dose of the FDA approved Nicorette QuickMist Spray)
    - Propylene Glycol - UPS Rated (Same as above)
    - Vegetable Glycerin - USP Rated (Glycerol is what Nicorette lists)
    - Nicotine (Or 0mg Nicotine if you prefer) (Same as above)
    - Mint flavor (or the flavor of your choice)

Which is healthier?
    (notice the amount of nicotine allowed on Nicorette and the directions allow for dual use with cigarettes)

Amazon-Nicorette-Landing-Page_top_2_V348605322__zps6233660f.jpg
    Full size image http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6233660f.jpg

That's our tax dollars at work.
    (I probably should have started a new thread for this. It just made me so mad)

We need to get NON-smokers writting in too.
    Last edited by aikanae1; 07-22-2014 at 08:42 AM.
    DC2, Burnie, Uma and 7 others like this.
    "Don't blink."

Senior Member Supporting Member

With the politicians it's all about control. They want to control our every move. They talk about toxic ingredients in ecigs yet they allow GMOs and toxic ingredients in the food we eat. The reason they allow toxic ingredients in foods is because the FDA and the government is controlled by large companies like Monsanto. Ecigs will soon be tightly regulated and manufactured by large corporations that give the most money to the politicians unless we vote and get the right people in Washington. But I'm not sure there are enough freedom loving politicians out there to turn the tide.
    DC2 and Anjaffm like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Really pathetic when you can read so obviously between the "cut and paste" lines. Paragraph from this FDA statement..., paragraph from that CDC statement... Any place else that would be called plagiarism. In government we call it "representation." (Talk about talking heads...)

Yeah I got the same "blow off" letter from Feinstein too, at least I feel better that I have never voted for her now.
    Anjaffm likes this.

Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by EBates View Post
    Obviously our elected representatives are far too busy pandering to their campaign contributors wishes to even personalize their form letter to fully show their distaste for dealing with us proletariat trash.
    You hit the nail right on the head.

@aikanae1:
    There is a thread on the subject of that silly ad already:
    Nicorette ads: Don't vape - quit for good (Jul 2014)

BP must be really scared now. Never mind smoking. Let's spend our ad money on fighting the competition.
    Last edited by Anjaffm; 07-22-2014 at 12:58 PM.
    Uma, jpargana, 2coils and 4 others like this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

Full Member Verified Member

Nice to see the honorable Mr. Durbin cannot spell" availability" correctly. Sad to see it spelled with "ad" in his form letter.

PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It's obvious that our elected representatives haven't studied any non-partisan research that has been completed on e-cigarettes. That, or they have made up their mind and don't care to accept truth.

It's more about where the government tax and settlement revenue comes from. Don't bite the hand that feeds you (BT). Once we are highly taxed, they will be our friends.
    Uma, jpargana, DrMA and 2 others like this.

And I only smoked 6 a day for two years before that.

Provari and Sigelei Zmax V3 | CASAA Member

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    It's obvious that our elected representatives haven't studied any non-partisan research that has been completed on e-cigarettes. That, or they have made up their mind and don't care to accept truth.

It's more about where the government tax and settlement revenue comes from. Don't bite the hand that feeds you (BT). Once we are highly taxed, they will be our friends.
    Trust Me, these Senator who are up their Spouting all their Rhetoric about the Evils of e-Cigarettes have seen the Pro Studies. And Know the Health Benefits and HR of e-Cigarette use. (With the Possible Exception to Harkin. Who makes a Great Argument for having a Senility Clause for All Elected Officials.)

But think how Nice it is to be able to Appeal to the Fears of Uneducated Voters by Calling for the FDA to Ban e-Cigarettes, When you Know Full Well that they have No Plans to do So? It's just a Game. A game about Telling the Majority of the Voters what they Want to Hear.

If Tobacco as Not a Taxable Vehicle, None of this would be Happening.

These Senators get Up on their Big Soap Box and Say that e-Cigarettes May Be Evil. So we have to Stop Them. They Know they are Not what they Make them Out to be.
    DC2, Uma, NorthOfAtlanta and 3 others like this.

Fortunately, some of us have elected officials at the federal level, who don't support far left liberal senators wanting to regulate vaping out of existence. Unfortunately, there are vapers even on ECF who voted for and support senators like Durbin, Feinstein, Boxer and Harkin. Changing the leadership of the senate, provides the vaping community the best chance of stopping these regulations as they are presently proposed.

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx :

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to regulating electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes). It is good to hear from you, and I can assure you that we are in complete agreement about additional federal regulations.

I generally believe we need to move away from the idea of the Federal government regulating in a broad and expansive way. If e-cigarettes are to be further regulated, such measures should be developed and implemented at the state and local level rather than by unelected bureaucrats in Washington.

Thank you again for contacting me. If I can ever be of service in the future, please don't hesitate to call upon me.

Sincerely,

Rob Woodall
    Member of Congress
    DC2, Burnie, Uma and 3 others like this.

Senior Member Verified Member

The system is broken. Only an act of god or public uprising can save us now. The poly-ticks of washington are all about money and control. What is the FDA really upset about? They aren't getting their cut... Big tobacco is scared. They can see the writing on the wall, people are tired of their lies and cancerous death sticks. Remember, these are the same people that call for removing guns from private citizens while they themselves hold a concealed carry permit, and surround themselves with armed guards...They know what is best for us. We are too stupid to think for ourselves, so they will do it for us. These people really believe that they need to save us... From ourselves. We need to do more than write letters to our so called elected officials... But what? I am not sure. As I said, the system is broken.
    DC2, KathyD26, Uma and 3 others like this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast