The most ridiculous comment on the FDA deeming - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: The most ridiculous comment on the FDA deeming

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

One of those certified counselors could have tied me to a tree and I would've smoked the bark. But when the option of strawberry and coconut and pineapple came along I went with them.

ECF Moderator
    Registered Reviewers/Bloggers Manager
    Asst. Classifieds Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrMA View Post
    Some "Anonymous" "Health educator", "certified" to "teach smoking cessation" apparently cannot tell the difference between FDA and EPA, not once, but 3 times in his/her 4-line comment. This is the level of literacy among the base of our opposition.

PS: is that enough quotes and to convey my exact feelings on this comment?

ECF Sub-Ohm Safety Tips
    FDA Forum | CASAA Forum | Legislation News | Nicotine Myths | E-Cigarette Politics

New from ECF: www.VAPING.com
    S M O K E . F R E E . & . V A P I N G . S I N C E . A U G. 1 0 , 2 0 1 1

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My friend who is "certified" to help people quit is against vaping because she didn't need to vape to quit. She's more stubborn than usual about it too which is why I think the current program drills it into their heads.

One of the things that will probably have to be proved in hindsight is that quitting today is not like quitting even a decade ago. Tobacco companies have admitted to adding things that make cigarettes more lethal, harder to quit than they were even in the 80's and 90's. The additives didn't up the nicotine content. There are also sub populations that are probably using nicotine for other reasons, a form of self-medication. As a substance, nicotine is poorly understood.
    "Don't blink."

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I had not thought about the additives making it more addictive but I think your probably right.
    aikanae1 likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well nicotine acts as both a stimulant and has a calming effect at the same time. That's very unusual and not replacable with other medications.
    LaraC and Anjaffm like this.
    "Don't blink."

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aikanae1 View Post
    Well nicotine acts as both a stimulant and has a calming effect at the same time. That's very unusual and not replacable with other medications.
    Focused and relaxed is like a 'zone' in sports (and other intense activities) - sometimes they're part of the same package, not opposites.
    LaraC and Anjaffm like this.

Blog Entries

Evidently took the Common Core course of study for "Health Educator"....
    NorthOfAtlanta and Anjaffm like this.
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ?? (No, I do not sub-ohm, pipe bomb is a joke)

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kent C View Post
    Focused and relaxed is like a 'zone' in sports (and other intense activities) - sometimes they're part of the same package, not opposites.
    Nicotine could be put on list of banned substances - Olympics - ESPN

"WADA and sport federations should evaluate the inclusion of nicotine to the Prohibited List or/and Monitoring Program," the Lausanne lab reported after a year-long study published by the Forensic Science International journal. The performance-enhancing effects of nicotine included increased "vigilance and cognitive function," and reduced stress and body weight. "Interestingly, nicotine also triggers a significant increase of pulse rate, blood pressure, blood sugar and epinephrine release owing to simultaneous stimulant and relaxant properties," the report said.

Full Member Verified Member

As a retired English teacher, I am appalled by his lack of grammar, style,spelling, and intelligence.
    Anjaffm likes this.

Super Member Verified Member danfinger's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous ID:FDA-2014-N-0189-46270
    As a Health Educator and someone certified to teach smoking cessation, many of my former students seem to believe that electronic cigarettes don't hurt you. Since the Tobbacco companies want them to beiieve that. I support the EPA's efforts at regulating all such tobbacco products. What my students don't realize is, that it doesn't matter how they receive their nicotine, it's still very habit forming and very difficult to recover that kind of addition. So, I say carry on EPA for the sake of my students and all the young people who believe that the E cigarettes don't hurt you and we need the EPA to regulate these products and demonstrate the harmful evidence to the public!
    Interesting quote. I'm curious where it came from?

I only ask because I've google searched the entire quote, and I've searched sentence by sentence for any part of the quote. Every google return sends me back to this posting. And nowhere else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast