Like Tree114Likes

Thread: The most ridiculous comment on the FDA deeming

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Nice find!

No wonder.. from recent post:
    Donate to Dr Farsalinos' new study

"...I think there are positive effects of nicotine. I think it's obvious - why would so many people in history take up smoking? We've just found a better way to deliver it."
    Anjaffm likes this.

The fact is we are the cool kids now and they are all just jealous.
    Anjaffm likes this.

Blog Entries

Default The most ridiculous comment on the FDA deeming

Quote Originally Posted by danfinger View Post
    Interesting quote. I'm curious where it came from?

I only ask because I've google searched the entire quote, and I've searched sentence by sentence for any part of the quote. Every google return sends me back to this posting. And nowhere else.
    Search the FDA deeming docket page on regulations.gov. The comment number is posted with the quote in the OP. It's unlikely google indexes this website.
    The war against vaping continues: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/fda-regulations/
    Get involved: casaa.org

Senior Member Verified Member danfinger's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrMA View Post
    Search the FDA deeming docket page on regulations.gov. The comment number is posted with the quote in the OP. It's unlikely google indexes this website.
    Regulations.gov

Full Member Supporting Member

Good thoughts! Did anyone else notice that in the last decade the odor was extremely pungent? I smoked for a long time and I never noticed the odor being that bad. It embedded itself in everything. Thank god I don't have to wash walls, or 10 panel drapes anymore. We better get the EPA to investigate whether big tobacco snuck us a mickey.

Quote Originally Posted by aikanae1 View Post
    My friend who is "certified" to help people quit is against vaping because she didn't need to vape to quit. She's more stubborn than usual about it too which is why I think the current program drills it into their heads.

One of the things that will probably have to be proved in hindsight is that quitting today is not like quitting even a decade ago. Tobacco companies have admitted to adding things that make cigarettes more lethal, harder to quit than they were even in the 80's and 90's. The additives didn't up the nicotine content. There are also sub populations that are probably using nicotine for other reasons, a form of self-medication. As a substance, nicotine is poorly understood.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123