Stanton Glantz is a liar and an alarmist
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree26Likes
  • 5 Post By nomore stinkies
  • 4 Post By DC2
  • 4 Post By TomGeorge
  • 7 Post By DC2
  • 3 Post By Anjaffm
  • 3 Post By nomore stinkies

Thread: Stanton Glantz is a liar and an alarmist

  1. #1
    Full Member Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Chicago,IL USA
    Posts
    101

    Default Stanton Glantz is a liar and an alarmist

    I just read Stanton Glantz' blog (yes it was hard to do but you know what they say "keep your enemies closer") regarding the FDA and accessories. I think he wants the FDA to include the hardware as a tobacco product! He then proceeded to say that the poisoning calls from e liquid events have increased dramatically. So I sent him a little correction.
    According to poison control these are the facts:


    Ecig/Liquid calls from 2011-2014: 1,932 (Yes this is 4 years)
    Laundry detergent packet calls from January 2014-June 2014: 5,635 (Yes this is 6 months)

    Lies and more lies. Who is this guy and how did he get his degree? Such a dangerous drama king.

    Alerts


  2. #2
    DC2
    DC2 is offline
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    DC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    19,255

    Default

    You've only scratched the surface on what Stanton Glantz is all about.
    And you're being far too kind.

    Rest assured, though, that he is not even remotely interested in your corrections.
    Not that I'm saying you shouldn't have bothered though.

    I wish he would get a flood of such corrections from vapers.
    Maybe it would shake him up a bit.

    As for who he is, search for the world "Glantz" in the following...
    Rampant Antismoking Signifies Grave Danger

  3. #3
    Super Member TomGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Buffalo/Rochester
    Posts
    477

    Default

    I need to stop reading threads like this, and there links, or my computer is going to create a nice window through my wall. The hypocrisy and lies in these anti vaping agendas makes my blood boil. It (hypocrisy and lies) is present in everything now-a-days the government, the news, advertising, everything! Its making the ill-informed, passerby sheep think that its normal and right. It will be the demise of us all.
    DC2, Anjaffm, DrMA and 1 others like this.

  4. #4
    DC2
    DC2 is offline
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    DC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    19,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomGeorge View Post
    I need to stop reading threads like this, and there links, or my computer is going to create a nice window through my wall. The hypocrisy and lies in these anti vaping agendas makes my blood boil. It (hypocrisy and lies) is present in everything now-a-days the government, the news, advertising, everything! Its making the ill-informed, passerby sheep think that its normal and right. It will be the demise of us all.
    You know, it's funny...

    Five years ago before I started vaping, I was ignorant to all of this.
    In fact, it's probably fair to say I was a sheep.

    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if I softly murmured "Baaaahh" in my sleep now and then.

    But now that I have learned, and started paying attention, I see how things really work.
    And now that I think about it, maybe it's not so funny.

  5. #5
    Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Anjaffm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomGeorge View Post
    I need to stop reading threads like this, and there links, or my computer is going to create a nice window through my wall. The hypocrisy and lies in these anti vaping agendas makes my blood boil. It (hypocrisy and lies) is present in everything now-a-days the government, the news, advertising, everything! Its making the ill-informed, passerby sheep think that its normal and right. It will be the demise of us all.
    Thank you for reading up on the subject.

    And welcome to the world of those who have looked behind the lies and fearmongering.
    Who have seen the motives behind the so-called "public health" so-called "experts" and their panicky cries. Who have seen the motive behind goverment's fear of anything that could diminish cigarette taxes or - God forbid! - help people to live longer, healthier lives and collect the old-age pension which they paid in for, all their lives.

    Once you have realized to what extent those in power lie to you, and why, the change is irreversible.

    I like to welcome new vapers to the wonderful world of vaping. It is a nice thing to do. And yes, vaping is a lot less harmful to the body than smoking.

    But in some cases, when a person starts to see what many of us have seen, all I can say is "welcome to our world". *sigh*

    ....
    @DC2:
    Well, I knew that the media lie to us and try to manipulate us. Big time. I noticed two massive manipulation campaigns in the media in my country. That is when I stopped watching their "news".

    But until I started vaping, knew the truth, read the studies and saw and heard the precise opposite screamed all over the media.. well, until that time I had no idea just to what extent the media lie to us
    Food for thought: If they tell us the exact opposite of the truth about vaping (where we happen to know the truth) - well, what about all the subjects that we do not know anything about? Would you consider buying a used car from them? Ever again? Eh?

    Little anecdote:
    The Soviet Union had an official newspaper called "Pravda". In Russian, "pravda" means "truth".
    Hehe, good joke. We used to laugh about it a lot.
    Well, with what I have found out about the media in the Western world, I am not laughing now. "Truth" indeed
    Last edited by Anjaffm; 07-24-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    gopher_byrd, pianoguy and DC2 like this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!


  6. #6
    Full Member Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Chicago,IL USA
    Posts
    101

    Default

    I know, but I would be banned from this sight if I expressed my true feelings about this monster. The articles we have all read in opposition to our crusade makes us all a little more cynical about a lot of what's going on in this world. He is beyond arrogant.



    Quote Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
    You've only scratched the surface on what Stanton Glantz is all about.
    And you're being far too kind.

    Rest assured, though, that he is not even remotely interested in your corrections.
    Not that I'm saying you shouldn't have bothered though.

    I wish he would get a flood of such corrections from vapers.
    Maybe it would shake him up a bit.

    As for who he is, search for the world "Glantz" in the following...
    Rampant Antismoking Signifies Grave Danger
    DC2, Jman8 and LaraC like this.


  7. #7
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    pianoguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Apple Valley, MN
    Posts
    4,392
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anjaffm View Post
    Thank you for reading up on the subject.

    And welcome to the world of those who have looked behind the lies and fearmongering.
    Who have seen the motives behind the so-called "public health" so-called "experts" and their panicky cries. Who have seen the motive behind goverment's fear of anything that could diminish cigarette taxes or - God forbid! - help people to live longer, healthier lives and collect the old-age pension which they paid in for, all their lives.

    Once you have realized to what extent those in power lie to you, and why, the change is irreversible.

    I like to welcome new vapers to the wonderful world of vaping. It is a nice thing to do. And yes, vaping is a lot less harmful to the body than smoking.

    But in some cases, when a person starts to see what many of us have seen, all I can say is "welcome to our world". *sigh*

    ....
    @DC2:
    Well, I knew that the media lie to us and try to manipulate us. Big time. I noticed two massive manipulation campaigns in the media in my country. That is when I stopped watching their "news".

    But until I started vaping, knew the truth, read the studies and saw and heard the precise opposite screamed all over the media.. well, until that time I had no idea just to what extent the media lie to us
    Food for thought: If they tell us the exact opposite of the truth about vaping (where we happen to know the truth) - well, what about all the subjects that we do not know anything about? Would you consider buying a used car from them? Ever again? Eh?

    Little anecdote:
    The Soviet Union had an official newspaper called "Pravda". In Russian, "pravda" means "truth".
    Hehe, good joke. We used to laugh about it a lot.
    Well, with what I have found out about the media in the Western world, I am not laughing now. "Truth" indeed
    Amen - watching this unfold has given me a very jaundiced eye on many fronts.

Bookmarks