regulating e liquid as if it is tobacco product... - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 78
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: regulating e liquid as if it is tobacco product...

  1. #21
    Full Member Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Chicago,IL USA
    Posts
    97

    Default

    If I could get a $1 for every story I read that said nicotine isn't considered a tobacco product I would be able to afford my own B & M. Good analogies.
    zoiDman likes this.


  2. #22
    Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Kent C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NW Ohio US
    Posts
    20,277
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by granolaboy View Post
    Whenever you ask the question "Why", the answer is almost always "Money".
    Why would you say that? (rhetorical)

  3. #23
    PV Master ECF Veteran Jman8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,051
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdancehawk View Post
    And basketballs and lipstick are derived from crude oil. Therefore, they are both petroleum products and should be regulated in the same way as gasoline. What's the problem?
    Are basketballs and lipstick something you would put into the tank of your automobile?

  4. #24
    My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    zoiDman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Local Group - Earth
    Posts
    18,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nomore stinkies View Post
    If I could get a $1 for every story I read that said nicotine isn't considered a tobacco product I would be able to afford my own B & M. Good analogies.
    Yeah... And think how many a person who has been a Member here since 2010 has Heard?

    And you know what? Good, Bad or Indifferent the Merit/Logic of their Argument, it Doesn't Matter from a Legal/Regulatory Standpoint.

    If an e-Liquid Contains Nicotine that has Been Derived from a Tobacco Plant, then it is Going to be Regulated by the FDA as a Tobacco Product.
    Last edited by zoiDman; 07-25-2014 at 12:55 AM.
    dmska likes this.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Verified Member Buster282's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    FL USA
    Posts
    179
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Its like classifying an energy drink as a "coffee product" because it has caffine in it!!
    faile, Anjaffm and eww245 like this.

  6. #26
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoiDman View Post
    Yeah... And think how many a person who has been a Member here since 2010 has Heard?

    And you know what? Good, Bad or Indifferent the Merit/Logic of their Argument, it Doesn't Matter from a Legal/Regulatory Standpoint.

    If an e-Liquid Contains Nicotine that has Been Derived from a Tobacco Plant, then it is Going to be Regulated by the FDA as a Tobacco Product.
    In the US perhaps. That still doesn't make it tobacco. By continuing to proclaim that could maintain lighter regulation.

    There actually is no legal basis to call something tobacco that doesn't have tobacco in it. Nicotine is a drug. Not a medicine but a drug


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #27
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    bigdancehawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman8 View Post
    Are basketballs and lipstick something you would put into the tank of your automobile?
    I think you may have made my point, albeit inadvertently. But, in case you missed it, the mere fact that something is derived from a particular raw product does not mean that it should be regulated in the same fashion as other products derived from the same raw product.
    Kent C, DC2, Stosh and 1 others like this.
    Please become an active CASAA member. "It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- John Philpot Curran: Speech upon the Right of Election, 1790.

  8. #28
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    bigdancehawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoiDman View Post
    Yeah... And think how many a person who has been a Member here since 2010 has Heard?

    And you know what? Good, Bad or Indifferent the Merit/Logic of their Argument, it Doesn't Matter from a Legal/Regulatory Standpoint.

    If an e-Liquid Contains Nicotine that has Been Derived from a Tobacco Plant, then it is Going to be Regulated by the FDA as a Tobacco Product.
    Yes, but are we not allowed to rant among ourselves against the illogic if it?
    Please become an active CASAA member. "It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- John Philpot Curran: Speech upon the Right of Election, 1790.

  9. #29
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    326

    Default

    I wouldn't just rant about it here

    http://www.medicalopedia.org/4729/wh...o-the-rundown/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rossum likes this.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by granolaboy View Post
    Whenever you ask the question "Why", the answer is almost always "Money".

    As is in this case. E Liquid cuts into profits of tobacco, other nicotine cessation products, and all the pharmaceuticals prescribed for smoking, not to mention all the money that is made off of people's bad health as a result of smoking tobacco.

    Why are they doing this? Money. Money, money, and more money.

    edit: I guess you where asking "How", but it could have been re-phrased as a "Why"...
    It is a little late in this topic to edit it, but yes, I did mean to say "why".

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks