The "flavors & kids" thing again
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: The "flavors & kids" thing again

ProVarinati Supporting Member Gato del Jugo's Avatar

Default The "flavors & kids" thing again

Glantz seems to really like this FDA comment (broke link)..

http://tobacco. ucsf. edu/%E2%80%9Cs...arette-flavors

Delete the two "%20" parts in the address bar...
    LaraC likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry, but I don't see any "%20," and my attempts to delete "%" led to no valid URL.

How about this, just delete the asterisks: http:**//tobacco**.ucsf.**edu/%E2%80%9Csuper-high%E2%80%9D-nicotine-youth-appealing-electronic-cigarette-flavors
    Gato del Jugo likes this.
    Please become an active CASAA member. "It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- John Philpot Curran: Speech upon the Right of Election, 1790.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

More glANTZ FUD.
    Olivia Channing likes this.
    Support CASAA http://casaa.org/

ProVarinati Supporting Member Gato del Jugo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdancehawk View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't see any "%20," and my attempts to delete "%" led to no valid URL.

How about this, just delete the asterisks: http:**//tobacco**.ucsf.**edu/%E2%80%9Csuper-high%E2%80%9D-nicotine-youth-appealing-electronic-cigarette-flavors
    I'm assuming different browsers might read it differently, now that you mention it..

Blog Entries

Here are flavors (selectively chosen by me, out of dozens) that Glantz et. al take issue with (noted in linked piece):

- Vanilla
    - Cola
    - Banana Nut Bread
    - Blueberry Cobbler
    - Vanilla Mocha Frappe
    - Cinnamon Roll
    - Watermelon
    - Strawberry Kiwi

All of these deemed youth appealing flavors (with high nic).

I post this because as I think we all agree it is not the cotton candy, gummy bears and gum ball flavors that they seek to exploit on this flavor tangent. Instead, it is all possible sweet flavors, and yet they also include Pizza.

I look forward to colliding with ANTZ on this issue. Admittedly they may get a hail mary pass that puts them in the red zone, but pretty sure they will fumble and our side will return it for a touch down.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran dragonpuff's Avatar
    Over the river and through the woods, Western NY

Quote Originally Posted by Jman8 View Post
    Here are flavors (selectively chosen by me, out of dozens) that Glantz et. al take issue with (noted in linked piece):

- Vanilla
    - Cola
    - Banana Nut Bread
    - Blueberry Cobbler
    - Vanilla Mocha Frappe
    - Cinnamon Roll
    - Watermelon
    - Strawberry Kiwi

All of these deemed youth appealing flavors (with high nic).

I post this because as I think we all agree it is not the cotton candy, gummy bears and gum ball flavors that they seek to exploit on this flavor tangent. Instead, it is all possible sweet flavors, and yet they also include Pizza.

I look forward to colliding with ANTZ on this issue. Admittedly they may get a hail mary pass that puts them in the red zone, but pretty sure they will fumble and our side will return it for a touch down.
    Vanilla mocha frappe?? Yeah, I can see children lining up around the block for that one most kids I know can't even pronounce that...

The flavors thing always sounded like hocus pocus to me. It's just something they pulled out of thin air (or their derriere) to support their draconian prohibition efforts.

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." Doctor Who

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpuff View Post
    Vanilla mocha frappe?? Yeah, I can see children lining up around the block for that one most kids I know can't even pronounce that...

The flavors thing always sounded like hocus pocus to me. It's just something they pulled out of thin air (or their derriere) to support their draconian prohibition efforts.
    *I* can't even pronounce these fancy smantzy names!

This whole flavor=kids=gateway argument is for the intellectually vacant masses who have either totally atrophied brains, or have maliciously deactivated their ability to think like a human over the age of 4 years old.

The so-called "logic" immediately fails with people who give it 30 seconds of thought.

But that is, in and of itself the problem: far too many people in this day & age do NOT want to have to think! Provide them with emotion laden buzzwords and they are satisfied.

The moment you ask for proof, or the basis of such moronic, childish assertions, they 'fumble' and stumble.

And as long as we don't play the field like the Detroit Lions (note my location!), we should be able to do exactly what Jman predicts: recover the ball, spike it over the goal posts (even with the penalty on the ensuing kick-off), and do everything in our power to humiliate them.
    Add musical joy to your life - Sing Barbershop Harmony

There is NO right to NOT be offended

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CabinetGuyScott View Post
    we should be able to do exactly what Jman predicts: recover the ball, spike it over the goal posts (even with the penalty on the ensuing kick-off), and do everything in our power to humiliate them.
    You mean the Bears?

Or wait, I think you meant ANTZ.

ECF Moderator
    Registered Reviewers/Bloggers Manager
    Asst. Classifieds Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

For anyone having trouble with the link, here's an easier way to post a broken link. You can copy and paste into your browser without problems if you highlight the whole link first:

tobacco.
    ucsf.
    edu/%E2%80%9Csuper-high%E2%80%9D-nicotine-youth-appealing-electronic-cigarette-flavors

(if there's a "www", just delete that along with any http or https)

Of course, the brilliant folks at UCSF put quote marks in the URL as well (which explains all the nonsense there in part of it)...practically a mortal sin

Ultra Member ECF Veteran dragonpuff's Avatar
    Over the river and through the woods, Western NY

This:

"This volume of concentrated nicotine is sufficient to kill a sizable number of kindergartners."

Shock value anyone?

At least they managed to write a legible sentence there, unlike the article title...

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." Doctor Who

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast