FDA bans 7 Star Ariva and Stonewall dissolvable tobacco lozenges (that are very similar to NRT lozenges)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: FDA bans 7 Star Ariva and Stonewall dissolvable tobacco lozenges (that are very similar to NRT lozenges)

Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default FDA bans 7 Star Ariva and Stonewall dissolvable tobacco lozenges (that are very similar to NRT lozenges)

FDA bans seven (i.e. issued Not Substantially Equivalent Orders for) Star Ariva and Stonewall dissolvable tobacco lozenges (which are very similar to FDA approved nicotine lozenges) that Star stopped selling two years ago
    Misbranded and Adulterated NSE Tobacco Products
    This Week in CTP - FDA Issues Seven NSE Orders for Dissolvable Tobacco Products

So much for FDA considering the continuum of risk in its regulatory decisions (as FDA has approved more than 50 SE orders for cigarettes).

BTW Star Scientific is owned by Jonnie Williams, who became the US DOJ's star witness in its indictment of former VA Governor Bob McDonnell, whose trial ended today.
    The Juiciest Bits To Come Out Of The Trial Of Virginia's Ex-Governor : The Two-Way : NPR
    Kent C, dragonpuff, Katya and 5 others like this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Sigh, I'm now a criminal... thanks to Katya, who sent me some Great for flights!
    dragonpuff, Katya and aikanae1 like this.

Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

FDA regs don't criminalize people for possessing or using banned products. Rather, they just ban the manufacturer from marketing the product.

I have about a half dozen boxes of different flavored Star Ariva lozenges in my growing collection of tobacco/nicotine products (including more than a hundred products that FDA has ruled as Misbranded and banned).
    Kent C, Katya, zoiDman and 4 others like this.

Blog Entries

Darn. I was looking into dissolvables as a potential fall back if BG made it impossible to continue vaping.
    Kent C, dragonpuff, Katya and 3 others like this.
    The war against vaping continues: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/fda-regulations/
    Get involved: casaa.org

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Godshall View Post
    FDA regs don't criminalize people for possessing or using banned products..
    Yeah... that was a bit of a joke for Katya
    Katya and sonicdsl like this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrMA View Post
    Darn. I was looking into dissolvables as a potential fall back if BG made it impossible to continue vaping.
    I just got another 5 litres of nic base from Decadent Vapours(Wales UK) just in case PACT gets amended :-)
    Katya, jpargana, aikanae1 and 1 others like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Over the river and through the woods, Western NY

I was too, but I had speculated that they might not be available in the U.S. Nic water would have been nice, but they banned that too.

Imagine a world in which they banned cigarettes, only cigarettes, but allowed every other nicotine product to be freely legal. That would actually make some sense... but of course that will never happen.

Now, if they are blocked for not being SE, does that mean the deeming regs are already being imposed? Or are these products banned only if the regulations become final rule?
    Kent C, Katya, Stosh and 5 others like this.

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." Doctor Who

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpuff View Post
    Imagine a world in which they banned cigarettes, only cigarettes, but allowed every other nicotine product to be freely legal. That would actually make some sense... but of course that will never happen.
    And perhaps, just the opposite will happen
    dragonpuff, Katya, LaraC and 1 others like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I can't believe this.... I really can't. What is going on?

Why are they banning dissolvables? Can Swedish snus be next????? This is frightening.
    Kent C, sonicdsl and aikanae1 like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I don't leave home without them. What an outrage!
    Kent C, DrMA and aikanae1 like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast