Facebook Connect....

Thread: Facebook Connect....

ECF Founder Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Facebook Connect....

Hello all,

Facebook connect is a function that allows you to associate your ECF account with your existing Facebook account - you can receive updates from the threads you are subscribed to via your Facebook wall, making your internet surfing a little more streamlined!

If you already have an ECF account, you can link it to your Facebook account by logging out, clicking the Facebook Connect button, entering your Facebook log-in, Clicking the "associate with existing username" link, and entering your ECF log-in. Takes about 1 minute!

If you have any problems with Facebook Connect, please use this thread to bring them to my attention.

Thanks!

SJ

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Hey Joe (where you goin with that gun in your hand),

Sorry, Hendrix flashback.

I'm having issues with the Facebook connect. It works fine for checking/posting to the forums, but not so great for doing any type of moderation. When I try to do most mod features in my social group, it asks me to log in again, and it doesn't work with my Facebook password.

I've also noticed that try as I might, there's no way to upload a different avatar... my Facebook profile pic over-rides anything else I might upload.

Is there a way to stop using Facebook connnect in favor of an old-fashioned log-in? Without losing my account?

Thanks,

Dave

ECF Founder Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Sure thing - just PM me an email address. Although you may wish to hold up a moment - I'm about to update to the latest version which contains some bug fixes.....

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
    Sure thing - just PM me an email address. Although you may wish to hold up a moment - I'm about to update to the latest version which contains some bug fixes.....
    I'll hold off a bit then...

Im having a big issue with this.. Its somehow linked itself to the wrong account. Ive tried to de-link it myself but am getting an incorrect password error and am unable to change it, since the email is different. The account I am on now is my actual account. The account Brad.B is the one that has been created in error.. If it could be deleted, that would probably fix my problem. Or if there is something else I can do, please let me know.

Thanks,

Super Member ECF Veteran cmdrmaxwell's Avatar

how do I turn off the facebook posting? i thought it would be cool but most times I just dont use it or want it each time i reply or start a thread.
    rectum...damn near killed 'em!
    Old school Silver bullet vaping with 6V (stacked batts, OH MY!) & Black Bullet!