Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Where can I buy a pipette locally?

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran maureengill's Avatar

Default Where can I buy a pipette locally?

Fortunately my 2 120ml bottles came last week. In my haste I didn't realize that these are not drip friendly. Anybody know where you can buy pipettes or a dropper locally?
    Maureen

Super Member ECF Veteran closetsmokr's Avatar

I went to the local cvs here, and asked if they had any syringes (no needle) and they gave me one - no charge. I just rinse it out good and reuse it. I did tell them it was for my cat's medicine so they wouldn't think I was using it for drugs. I am taking my cat to the vet today, and I am giong to ask them for syringe just to see if they will give me one. You can get pipettes at hobby shops and medical supply stores.
    Stinky-free for 3+ years and counting!

You might try Target, Walgreens or Walmart for baby syringes or medicine droppers. You could use a straw from a fast food joint or a chop stick. Improvise, adapt, overcome!

One thing I figured out by sheer dumb luck when I got my 60 ml bottles and, like you, didn't realize when I ordered that they didn't have drip tops-

I found that I had a couple of plastic funnels in my kitchen that fit *exactly* on to a dripper bottle- it was really cool, it was almost like they were made for one another- the drip bottle (with the dripper removed, obviously) locked right on to the bottom of the funnel, creating a seal that didn't leak even a little bit. Then I just poured some of the juice from the 60 ml bottle in to the funnel. The juice was a bit too thick to flow freely, so I just gave the dripper bottle a little squeeze while it was still attached to the funnel, and the juice flowed right in. It's been by *far* the easiest way I've found to transfer juice from a larger bottle to a dripper bottle, with zero mess.

The funnels I'm talking about are just small kitchen funnels, plastic, that can be bought for a dollar or so at Wal-Mart.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Dooter's Avatar

...or maybe just pour some from the large bottle into a smaller empty bottle that has a dropper top?

Edit: Whoops - I posted at the same time as KongsRevenge.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I use a couple of syringes without tips to do put the liquid into smaller drip bottles.

Senior Member ECF Veteran babyblueut's Avatar

pipettes can also be had at a beauty supply store, at least here they can.
    facebook.com/babyblueut - facebook.com/vapehaven

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran mauisun's Avatar

we just got 400 more in stock

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Cool

i have beed tilting my 120ml to the side with one hand while squeezing a 3ml closed with the other. then allowing it to open again and sucking the juice out

Quote Originally Posted by bubba2u View Post
    i have beed tilting my 120ml to the side with one hand while squeezing a 3ml closed with the other. then allowing it to open again and sucking the juice out
    Dude...good idea...I may have to try that one next time I don't feel like messing with the funnels.

Quick question, though: I notice you're from Florida: Are Jorts essential to this process in any way?
    Kemosabe likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast