This is the first week that I know so many! I know 1, 2, 5, 7, and 8!
Oh man, I only know 1 & 7 this week. Perhaps when we get the clues my memory will be jogged!
I know all except number 3. A personal best for me.
Still love my TT, but now he's all better I've reclaimed my Witch.
Got 'em. Thanks caff.
Time for a few hints and a thread bump...
#1: I could have used a screenshot of one of this movie's famous Russian Roulette scenes for the quiz, but that would have been a little too obvious. So instead, I went with this image of almost all the main characters that closes out the movie.
#4: Lyrical excerpt:
Yeah, long story short
When I woke up from the operation I was bleeding down there
I was bleeding from a gash between my legs
It's my first day as a woman, and already it's that time of the month
But two days later the hole closed up
The wound healed and I was left
With a one-inch mound of flesh...
#5: The title of this Mike Judge movie is right there in the screenshot.
#6: The figure in the white coat is both a chiropractor and a guardian angel to Tim Robbins' title character. That's what I think, anyway, but some viewers see him as more of a Charon-type than a guardian angel.
Hope these help!
Thanks for the hints! After a google search, I know 4 and 6, although I've not seen either one. Both sound good!
More hints if you need 'em:
- The director and script writer used sadistic guards forcing a game of Russian Roulette and gambling on the outcome as an allegory for the experience of Americans serving in the war in Vietnam.
- Seth Rogen and Elizabeth Banks are roommates who try to make a blue movie for the money to pay off some outstanding bills.
- A movie about the reigning English monarch who lost the American War of Independence and his declining mental health.
- A transgender singer formerly known as Hansel is fronting a rock band and dealing with a botched sex-change operation (which inspires the movie's title).
- Jason Bateman runs a flavor-extract company which stresses him out. After a factory accident results in an employee losing a testicle, an unfortunate series of events follows.
- Tim Robbins is a Brooklyn mailman and former Vietnam veteran experiences grotesque hallucinations and flashbacks from the past while trying to figure out what's actually real thanks to secret dosing of an experimental drug during his tour of duty.
- A movie based on a board game where you try to figure out who committed a murder, as well as where and how.
- Samuel L. Jackson is the private investigator helping Geena Davis, a mother and schoolteacher, recover her memory of her past life as an assassin for the CIA.
Last edited by bobsyeruncle; 08-19-2012 at 04:21 AM.
I know 2 & 8 now too, thanks to the clues! I can't wait to find out what 4 & 5 are, they sound like movies I'd like to see...
Don't know 3 4 or 7 this week.... can guess what 7 is... and now that I see bob's hints I know them all
1 is easy for all John Casals fans - he was only in 4 movies, I think
Hardware: VVPV Buzz Pros IKV ZAU DID XMods VVAltoidsTin STR8 Modz & Juice Bar