Movie Quiz 82
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Movie Quiz 82

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Movie Quiz 82

I hope you all had a spectacular holiday season, (or at least a good one), and that at some point in the past couple of weeks you celebrated something and had a good time!

Was that too generic?

But now it's time to get serious, and take a new Movie Quiz! OK, getting serious isn't required, but it is definitely time for a new Quiz. So, have at it, guys!!

The thread will run its course for a week or so, and I'll bump it with hints and whatnot as needed. Answers will be posted when the time feels right.

There are eight screenshots below. Most of them should be fairly recognizable if you've seen the films. So, which of these movies can you identify?

Please answer with movie numbers only, not titles..

Good luck!

bobsyeruncle and FantWriter like this.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran vaporgalinfla's Avatar

Hi Caff!

I'm seriously enjoying my very long break, so yes, I did enjoy the holidays. I'm back to work on Jan. 14th, so I still almost have a week left.

Thanks for posting a new movie quiz. So far, I don't for sure know any of the movies. However, 5 and 7 look familiar. I'll figure them out!
    caffeinated likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran FantWriter's Avatar

Absolutely perfect movie! One of the all-time best!!

Gritty, witty, raw, sophisticated. There was considerable delay in making it because she had to get into shape before shooting could start.

The intimidation is stunning. When she asks what will happen if she doesn't cooperate, he says an address. Nothing more, just an address -- the implication is terrifyingly blunt and defines the ethics of the organization. Wow!

It's also great that they got the weapons and their use right. So many movies are crap in that regard. Love, love, love the rifle.

As to the others: I suspect I know #2 because I was a fan of the group, and I subconsciously associate that name with them.
    The rest, I haven't a clue, and they don't look like something I'd normally pick to watch.

Thanks for posting this!
    caffeinated likes this.
    Fact 1: Blood is thicker than water.
    Fact 2: Maple syrup is thicker than blood.
    Conclusion: Pancakes are more important than friends or family.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran bobsyeruncle's Avatar

Got 'em. Thanks, caff.
    caffeinated likes this.

ECF Veteran

Time for a thread-bumping hints-n-clues post…

#1: Aardman Animations, the claymation studio most famously known as the creators of the Wallace and Gromit series of animated shorts and features, released this movie in 2012. It follows the misadventures of a group of mostly inept high seas plunderers, as their Captain tries to prove his worth by winning the Pirate of the Year award. That’s him in the disadvantageous position in the screenshot, battling a warrior-like Queen Victoria.

#2: Released in 1996, this movie tells the story of Chris Cooper, (played by Kevin McDonald), a lead research scientist at Roritor Pharmaceuticals. He and his team invent the drug GLeeMONEX, a cure for clinical depression, but it is rushed to market before thorough testing can be done. It isn’t until later, after the drug has become hugely popular, that they discover its coma-like side effect.

Also, in a stroke of bad taste comedic genius, (IMO), this movie features Bruce McCulloch as Cancer Boy.

#3: In this Richard Linklater comedy about coming of age in the 1970s, Matthew McConaughey, (as Dave Wooderson) famously says: “That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

#4: Max Brooks, the son of Mel Brooks, wrote the novel that this 2013 movie was loosely based upon. Very loosely… Like, almost to the point of not being based on the book at all. But, the movie does have the same name as the book. So, there’s that. Oh yeah, and the main character, Gerry Lane, isn’t actually named in the book… Nor is he nearly as adventurous as Brad Pitt.

For what it’s worth, though, I actually really liked this movie. It was entertaining and fun in a turn-your-brain-off, popcorn flick kind of way.

Hope these help!

Last edited by caffeinated; 01-09-2014 at 05:23 PM.
    bobsyeruncle and FantWriter like this.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran vaporgalinfla's Avatar

Thanks for the hints!
    caffeinated likes this.

Registered Supplier sinistergentlemen's Avatar

I'm new and would like better understanding of how you know I know the answers? Movie buff here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Please visit The Art Of Vape for all your vaping needs.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran bobsyeruncle's Avatar

You're competing with yourself. Mentioning what films (by number only) or mentioning you've figured out all of them is enough. That lets the other players figure them out on your own. It's fine to ask questions if you're having trouble figuring out a particular movie still.
    caffeinated likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sinistergentlemen View Post
    I'm new and would like better understanding of how you know I know the answers? Movie buff here
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsyeruncle View Post
    You're competing with yourself. Mentioning what films (by number only) or mentioning you've figured out all of them is enough. That lets the other players figure them out on your own. It's fine to ask questions if you're having trouble figuring out a particular movie still.
    Thanks for clarifying, bob.

Yeah, that's pretty much the gist of it. The responses thus far in this particular quiz aren't a good example for the purposes of answering your question, but if you were to look over a couple of the previous Movie Quiz threads, you'd see that most of the replies are usually in the form of simply posting the number(s) of the movies you can identify. Like this:

I got 1, 3, 4, and 6.

That's basically it.

Registered Supplier sinistergentlemen's Avatar

So I know 3,4,5,6,7 for sure 1,2,and 8 I am still working on

caffeinated likes this.
    Please visit The Art Of Vape for all your vaping needs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast