Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Movie Quiz 83

MKUltra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hmmm... 2,3,4,5,6,8
    caffeinated and FantWriter like this.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran vaporgalinfla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    Is #2 worth watching? Hmm, yeah, I suppose ultimately it is. But, IMO, it's only slightly better than mediocre - I'd rate it maybe a 6.5 out of 10.
    Thanks Caff! I'll put it on the bottom of my wait list for watching.

I figured out #1!

2,3,4,5 without checking the web or reading other posts.
    caffeinated and FantWriter like this.

1 and 8 are really bothering me haha. I just can't think of them. I know I've seen both!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hints, round two:

#5: Reports vary wildly regarding just how long this movie's main character (pictured) is "stuck in time." Even the story's writer/director, Harold Ramis, has changed his official estimate. While he states in the DVD's commentary that the time loop probably lasted about 10 years, he later reconsidered, and now concludes that it's actually more like "30 or 40 years."

#6: The lone female pictured, Audrey Hepburn, is also the only non-badguy in the screenshot. She was blinded in an accident, and while she endeavors to be "the world champion blind lady," there are several men criminally conspiring to take advantage of her disability. One of whom reminds her that, "This is the big bad world, full of mean people, where nasty things happen!"

#7: This movie is a 1982 "erotic remake" of a 1942 film. Even though I was only a teenager when I first saw this, I could tell even then that, while Nastassja Kinski certainly provided magnificent eye-candy, she was a truly abysmal actor. In the screenshot, she's accompanied by her long-lost brother, played by Malcolm McDowell, on a metaphysical visit to the home of their ancestors.

#8: That's John Lithgow and Robin Williams in the screenshot. In this movie, Lithgow plays a transsexual former pro football player. Williams plays an author who, at various times, claims his first initials stand for: Terribly Sad, Terribly Sexy and Terribly Shy. But, what they actually stand for is Technical Sergeant.

I hope these helped some of you out!

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    Hints, round two:

#5: Reports vary wildly regarding just how long this movie's main character (pictured) is "stuck in time." Even the story's writer/director, Harold Ramis, has changed his official estimate. While he states in the DVD's commentary that the time loop probably lasted about 10 years, he later reconsidered, and now concludes that it's actually more like "30 or 40 years."
    Damn... R.I.P. Harold Ramis.

Harold Ramis dead at 69 - chicagotribune.com

ECF Veteran

Answers coming tomorrow night.
    bobsyeruncle and FantWriter like this.

ECF Veteran

Answer time!

#1: WALL-E
    The title character in this futuristic flick falls hard for a female government operative. Despite her initial reluctance to engage him, she eventually starts to warm up to our charming hero... Until she is suddenly reminded of her directive. Then she just shuts down on him completely. Oh yeah, and they're both robots.

#2: Elysium
    This 2013 sci-fi movie holds the distinction of featuring Jodie Foster in her first villainous role. She plays the Secretary of Homeland Security, in charge of protecting the orbiting home of the planet's wealthy elite.

#3: Unbreakable
    Maybe if I'd used the screenshot below instead, this M. Night Shyamalan movie would be more easily identifiable?

#4: The Boondock Saints
    The screenshot shows Darryl from The Walking Dead on the left, (Norman Reedus), and Sean Patrick Flanery on the right. Between them is Billy Connolly, as their dad. Together, they form a righteous killing machine, out to rid the world, (or at least the Greater Boston area), of mafia types and other assorted ne'er-do-wells.

#5: Groundhog Day
    Reports vary wildly regarding just how long this movie's main character (pictured) is "stuck in time." Even the story's writer/director, Harold Ramis, has changed his official estimate. While he states in the DVD's commentary that the time loop probably lasted about 10 years, he later reconsidered, and now concludes that it's actually more like "30 or 40 years."

#6: Wait Until Dark
    The lone female pictured, Audrey Hepburn, is also the only non-badguy in the screenshot. She was blinded in an accident, and while she endeavors to be "the world champion blind lady," there are several men criminally conspiring to take advantage of her disability. One of whom reminds her that, "This is the big bad world, full of mean people, where nasty things happen!"

#7: Cat People
    This movie is a 1982 "erotic remake" of a 1942 film. Even though I was only a teenager when I first saw this, I could tell even then that, while Nastassja Kinski certainly provided magnificent eye-candy, she was a truly abysmal actor. In the screenshot, she's accompanied by her long-lost brother, played by Malcolm McDowell, on a metaphysical visit to the home of their ancestors.

#8: The World According to Garp
    That's John Lithgow and Robin Williams in the screenshot. In this movie, Lithgow plays a transsexual former pro football player. Williams plays an author who, at various times, claims his first initials stand for: Terribly Sad, Terribly Sexy and Terribly Shy. But, what they actually stand for is Technical Sergeant.

As always, thanks for playing, guys!

Thanks Caff! Sorry that I didn't participate more; I'm behind with grading. In addition, I have a horrible cold. Almost unheard of for my area (Southeast Florida), but somehow, I got it.
    caffeinated likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast