Does e-liquid (PG and/or VG) have any alcohol or animal extracts?

Thread: Does e-liquid (PG and/or VG) have any alcohol or animal extracts?

Default Does e-liquid (PG and/or VG) have any alcohol or animal extracts?

Hi guys,
    I was wondering whether PG and/or VG based e-liquid have any alcohol or animal extracts? I heard that some e-liquid suppliers use pure grain alcohol, but how can I tell? And why would they use pure grain alcohol? I would like to read more about the contents and sources of PG and VG based e-liquid, so if there is someone that can help me on this, I would really appreciate it.

PV Master ECF Veteran

No animal products. USP glycerine is a plant product. PG is not an animal product. Alcohol is used to thin VG sometimes, and some of the flavorings they are using could be alcohol based as well. Most probably aren't. But it is a very small amount. I did however, get some 100mg VG to mix with(nic, VG and alcohol), and it was kind of harsh, until I let it breathe. It mixes much better now that it has evapped alittle.

jj2
    Tigger Girl Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I make my own liquid because I no longer use nicotine, and I use vodka in it. Others do the same thing. Alcohol WILL NOT HURT YOU. The alcohol part is burnt off so no one inhales it and even if they did, it would wouldn't amount to anything.
    LowThudd explained PG & VG to you.
    NO animal anything is in the liquid. There is a lot of misinformation around---some of it done on purpose, some out of fear, 99.9% of it is wrong.

Here's a couple places for you to read and learn and find out some truths and mistruths.
    ECF Library
    The ECF Library - E-Cigarette Forum

ECF Library Annex
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ary-annex.html

--------------------------------------------
    Midwest Vapefest 2010
    Largest Gathering of E-Cig Consumers in the World - St. Louis
    Consider me your recycling center for Njoy Pro, Smoking Everywhere Gold, Cloud 9, Smoke 51 Trio, and DSE103 useless batteries.
    Other hardware if it’s still usable.
    Those I loan out to/give to thank you.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Support CASAA
    http://www.casaa.org/
    Don’t forget to donate to IVAQS research
    http://www.casaa.org/support/ivaqs.asp

Quote Originally Posted by LowThudd View Post
    No animal products. USP glycerine is a plant product. PG is not an animal product. Alcohol is used to thin VG sometimes, and some of the flavorings they are using could be alcohol based as well. Most probably aren't. But it is a very small amount. I did however, get some 100mg VG to mix with(nic, VG and alcohol), and it was kind of harsh, until I let it breathe. It mixes much better now that it has evapped alittle.
    Thank you for the information. So chances are higher for VG to have alcohol than PG due to its thick nature. Still - at the same time - flavorings of both VG and PG might be alcohol based, right? Anyway, it seems like I need to ask the seller or the manufacturer of the e-liquid I intend to buy from whether he uses alcohol or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by jj2 View Post
    I make my own liquid because I no longer use nicotine, and I use vodka in it. Others do the same thing. Alcohol WILL NOT HURT YOU. The alcohol part is burnt off so no one inhales it and even if they did, it would wouldn't amount to anything.
    LowThudd explained PG & VG to you.
    NO animal anything is in the liquid. There is a lot of misinformation around---some of it done on purpose, some out of fear, 99.9% of it is wrong.

Here's a couple places for you to read and learn and find out some truths and mistruths.
    ECF Library
    The ECF Library - E-Cigarette Forum

ECF Library Annex
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ary-annex.html

Midwest Vapefest 2010
    Largest Gathering of E-Cig Consumers in the World - St. Louis
    Consider me your recycling center for Njoy Pro, Smoking Everywhere Gold, Cloud 9, Smoke 51 Trio, and DSE103 useless batteries.
    Other hardware if itís still usable.
    Those I loan out to/give to thank you.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Support CASAA
    CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association
    Donít forget to donate to IVAQS research
    CASAA.org
    Thank you for the information and links.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    Thank you for the information. So chances are higher for VG to have alcohol than PG due to its thick nature. Still - at the same time - flavorings of both VG and PG might be alcohol based, right? Anyway, it seems like I need to ask the seller or the manufacturer of the e-liquid I intend to buy from whether he uses alcohol or not.

Thank you for the information and links.
    Just out of curiocity, I noticed you are from Kuwait, are you worried about your religious convictions? I was just wondering.

Just out of curiocity, I noticed you are from Kuwait, are you worried about your religious convictions? I was just wondering.
    Yes. And I don't want to buy e-liquid that has alcohol in it, because alcohol is prohibited in Kuwait. If the Kuwaiti customs open my package and find e-liquid that has alcohol in it, they're going to confiscate all my e-liquid, destroy the package, and probably interrogate me. So why cause myself headache because of the regulations?

PV Master ECF Veteran

Yes. And I don't want to buy e-liquid that has alcohol in it, because alcohol is prohibited in Kuwait. If the Kuwaiti customs open my package and find e-liquid that has alcohol in it, they're going to confiscate all my e-liquid, destroy the package, and probably interrogate me. So why cause myself headache because of the regulations?
    Uderstood. You could buy PG nic juice of say 50mg(PG or VG with no alcohol). You can thenbuy straight VG or PG, available in many drug stores in the US, probably in Kuwait as well. You can also order flavorings, which are known to not have alcohol(Like LorAnns oils), then mix your own. It will cost much less money, and you can controll the quality yourself.

Here is a calculator that will help if you decide to do this:
    eJuice Recipe Calculator

Uderstood. You could buy PG nic juice of say 50mg(PG or VG with no alcohol). You can thenbuy straight VG or PG, available in many drug stores in the US, probably in Kuwait as well. You can also order flavorings, which are known to not have alcohol(Like LorAnns oils), then mix your own. It will cost much less money, and you can controll the quality yourself.

Here is a calculator that will help if you decide to do this:
    eJuice Recipe Calculator
    Many thanks for the information, I really appreciate the link to the calculator, this will help me alot. I'll look for drug stores that sell VG and PG in Kuwait, if I couldn't find any, I'll look for stores online.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Many thanks for the information, I really appreciate the link to the calculator, this will help me alot. I'll look for drug stores that sell VG and PG in Kuwait, if I couldn't find any, I'll look for stores online.
    No problem.

PV Master ECF Veteran

BTW, you can use flavored water like Rose Water, Orange Water etc as flavoring. I use rose water in some of my mixes. It is Sadaf brand, if that makes a difference.