Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is 80/20 the "standard" mix?

Default Is 80/20 the "standard" mix?

Lol hello all, still new and still overwhelmed... but was wondering is 80/20 the standard mix? Or do peeps do extremes like only pg or only vg? Lol i just ordered a stupid amount of 5ml samples from gourmet vapor 21 to be exact and ended up going 80/20 24 reg flavor. So i guess im wondering what is your favorite mix 50-50 80/20 100% and why?

2. Advertisement
    Super Member ECF Veteran Zelphie's Avatar

Yes many people do all pg or all vg but 80/20 is still a very popular mix. A lot of places such as us based vendors allow you to customize you pg/vg ratio to whatever you want.

I prefer 80/20 80/90 or 100% pg myself. The reason being is that I like a stronger TH, and I like how the pg carries the flavor as well as how it feels on inhale. Everyone has their own preference.

4. Advertisement
    PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

80/20 or 70/30 for me - I dont like HUGE TH but oddly I found too much VG makes it all too soft in the flavor department and the vapor is nuts, I can't see half the time and Ive tried 100% VG as well (insane vapor lol).
    I like strong flavors and Ive found that unless its a mint or cinamon (those I have to have less TH cos those flavors seems to be heavy on TH) then 80/20 is my preference.
    I dont like to go with 90/10 because the TH gets too harsh for ME (100% PG is ok but its low vapor and wicked TH lol).
    If you like soft subtle tastes with vapor to die for then a higher VG is fine; its all so subjective

Ultra Member ECF Veteran texastumbleweed's Avatar

i have always ordered pg/vg 80/20 but i got a few 50/50's VaporBomb from Mutt and LOVED it....not sure if i loved the juice itself, or if the ratio is what made it better. all i know is that i will be ordering that way from VB for sure!

Full Member ECF Veteran

Pretty new myself, and I made the mistake of gettin 20/80 instead of 80/20 for my first real bottle of juice. Awesome vapor production, but somehow unsatisfying? Maybe it's the TH that I am missing. I had a couple of samples and prefilled cartos that were most likely more PG concentrated and I think I liked those a bit better. While I do like the vapor of this juice, I may go with a couple of small bottles of 50/50 and 80/20 to see what I like better. I reccomend anybody new to vaping to not go to big on their first juice order until you are sure of what you want in regards to flavor and mix. Now if I can onlty get my carto issue figured out.

Yea i was thinking, might not be the most economical soloution but going to figure on finding some kind of avg flavor since i dont have a favorite yet. Then i was thinking of ordering a full range starting at 100% pg, then 80/20, 60/40, 50/50, 40/60, 20/80, 100% vg (although i doubt will need to go that far vg). This way i kinda think ill get the best feel for the full range of vape, th, ch...

Seems you can read for eternity, but kinda just have to give it a go yourself... Im sure over time peeps end up basically doing the same thing, this just forces me to do it all at the start so hopefully i find my happy place sooner
    Last edited by mk57nato; 09-03-2010 at 05:02 AM.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Bozzlite's Avatar

I had ordered a few small bottles of 70 percent VG from FSUSA. I just wanted more vapor. Whoa, it had tons of vapor. But the juice was rather thick and when I refilled my carts it would just kinda sit on top and pool. The flavor also seemed rather light. For some reason tho, the peach flavor juice had a strong TH despite being 70 percent VG.

My next order was 50/50 and it seems to flow and wick a lot better. Haven't tried the 50/50 peach yet, but the Max/boro is great. Wait, just noticed the peach is labeled 60/40. Good, I wanted to try that next anyway.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

For me it depends on the device I plan to use.

Right now my favorite is an 808 carto on an eGo battery and for this frankenvape and its warm carto I'm digging 50/50.

With my M401 attys I like 100% VG and with 510 attys I like 70/30.

It also depends on the alcohol & Nic content – both give an improved TH so I can enjoy the sweetness of higher VG.

I think it's important to play around and find what works best for you and your hardware.

-just a thought,
    -Brian

Lol ever since finding this forum i have been on a spending spree from hell.... Next week is going to be a BANNER week for deliveries.
    21 5ml samples
    syringes
    mixing bottles
    70/30 unflavored
    BACON flavor... lol just had to try it
    precision oilers
    Not to mention for some reason, i JUST HAD TO order an ego kit from freedomsmokeusa, so now i have to find my happy "mix" for 2 kits now.
    Lol BACON flavored sunflower seeds
    and a snes-usb adaptor in a pear tree....

I really REALLY, need to stop spending for just a week lol...

Blog Entries

yeh im with you mk57nato, since i have found this forum web site i have been going broke. but as with everything i do, my wife says i go to the excess, i have a gal of VG and a gal of PG so once i get my flavorings in and my nicotine, i think i will be set for a while, I am going to keep it all in the fridg so that it keeps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast