Can EJuice Go Bad?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can EJuice Go Bad?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Can EJuice Go Bad?

I received my second ever order yesterday. Reading about the vapor production I had ordered some VG juice along with some VG/PG juice to give it a try.

I have only used PG juice up to this point and I knew that there would be some differences.

The VG juice is supposed to be apple flavor. When I opened the bottle it sure didn't smell like apples - it smelled bad - almost like burnt toast but not sweet smelling, very acrid. I thought what the hell, maybe it tastes better than it smells.

I filled a new cartridge and put it in a clean atty. With the first draw I knew something was really wrong - my mouth felt coated and slimy and so did my lungs - the taste was like satan pooped in my mouth - there was no apple flavor at all. I took another but it was worse.

I had to wash everything out - the smell began to make me nauseous.

Can VG juice go bad? The VG/PG juice seems to be okay and I have not had this problem with the PG juice I have. Or is it the flavor gone bad?

So now I'm wondering - do I contact the supplier and let him know about this? Or do I just chalk this up to experience and get stuck with 2 bottles of this stuff?

I am so disappointed - I so wanted to try the apple flavor so so badly.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
    do I contact the supplier and let him know about this?
    ___do that! _____

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

It doesn't go bad that fast... you obviously got some crap juice

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Juice can go bad, under a couple circumstances.

1. Time. After a couple years, it will go bad. But that's not it, since you just got it.

2. Heat. Sometimes when shipping to hot places, it can spoil. But you're in Canada. I'm pretty sure it's not that either.

So, there's a couple things to consider.

Does this supplier mix it fresh, when you order? If they do, let it sit with the cap off overnight (if you have kids or pets, keep it out of reach). Then re-cap it, and let it sit for another week, and try it again. Sometimes steeping makes a BIG difference. Although honestly, with what you describe... I'm not sure steeping will help. But just for future reference.

If they don't mix it to-order, then it's just badly made.

Either way, contact the supplier now, and tell them what's up. Ask them if they mix fresh. Be sure they know you're having problems now.

ECF Veteran

Thanks everyone - I have contacted my supplier.

Hopefully we can work something out.

Will let everyone know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    Juice can go bad, under a couple circumstances.

1. Time. After a couple years, it will go bad....<snip>
    What goes bad in ejuice? The PG, VG, nic, flavorings? Inquiring minds etc.etc. TIA

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 191ahc View Post
    What goes bad in ejuice? The PG, VG, nic, flavorings? Inquiring minds etc.etc. TIA
    apparently the nicotine will start to break down after a certain time (i've heard 1 year, i've heard 2, not sure on this one)...exposure to warm temps, or prolonged exposure to light also can break down the nicotine.

Quote Originally Posted by phorbin View Post
    apparently the nicotine will start to break down after a certain time (i've heard 1 year, i've heard 2, not sure on this one)...exposure to warm temps, or prolonged exposure to light also can break down the nicotine.
    OK, many thanks. I had heard 2 years from date of purchase from a few makers. There are threads here on keeping it cool, dry and dark and not refrigerated.

ECF Veteran

I have some bottles of juice that I bought two years ago. I purchased quite a bit of juice when everyone thought the government was gonna stop the supply. One of the brands was from China. Heavens gifts 36 mg Camel. I opened a bottle a few weeks back when my Cash Tab supply was stopped. It tasted just like the other bottles did when I bought them. The juice isn't very good by today's standards as my tastes have changed, but they haven't turned bad. I keep them in a heated basement. I don't keep the basement at the same heat I keep upstairs, but would say it stays at least 60 to 75 year round. I have my juices in a low light area. I think room condition plays a big part in keeping juice good. I also had hundreds of pounds of pipe tobaccos kept in mason jars, aging in the basement as well. Dry conditioned basements are a great place to store perishable items. I sold the pipe tobacco at a pretty high profit a year ago since I quit smoking. Pipe tobacco is like wine, gets better with age.
    A Guitar isn't a physical object!:confused:

David,
    Thanks...BTW I have about 15# of pipe tobacco in mason jars that I might as well sell too, they are about 10-15 years old-- mostly C&D stuff. The unsmoked pipe collection might as well go too. LOL Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast