Thread: Arrgh I can't taste my e-juice....

Senior Member ECF Veteran vapomike's Avatar

Default Arrgh I can't taste my e-juice....

I've been vaping this apple vg e-liquid from LF for the last two days. I was so upset at myself for ordering it because it might as well be flavorless to me. I've only had a hint of the apple flavoring when using a LR atty on my Riva and that was just on a few hits here and their. Tonight I showed it to my co-worker, and he's like well let me hit it. I warned him the juice that I had wasn't the greatest stuff in the world for flavor and there was much better and stronger ones out there. Well he took a drag off of it and was like wow that must be apple or peach. He said it had a strong flavor to him. Just so frustrating....

Super Member ECF Veteran

going through the same thing. Got some vanilla, RY2 (VG), and double mint from liberty-flights, couldn't taste any of them, so i bought some strawberry fields and a custom flavor from gourmetvapor, and still can't taste them. I too am using a Riva with both 510 LR and 306 LR attys. Every now and then I get a great vape and can taste the flavor, but most of the time I get no flavor at all, just the smell of the juice in my atty.

I asked a similar question and one response I got was that if you're just quitting smoking, your taste buds are damaged and flavors will come out nicely in due time. I don't know if you just quit but I did, its been about a week and a half since I've had more than 3 analogs in a day, and none for the past 5 days. I too am finding it really frustrating.

I don't think it's the juice, because gourmetvapor has gotten awesome reviews, and I can smell the juice from 5 ft away. I got double and triple flavor on my juices too.

I think we may need to switch up flavors; I notice flavors come out more if I have had food or a drink, and even more so if I vape a completely different flavor, like going from mint to strawberry. I'm planning on buying an Ali'i which has a 6 ml juice feed system, which is going to make switching flavors a bit difficult, so hopefully the taste buds come back and I wont need to keep switching.

good luck.

Aiden

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This will happen if you vape too much of one flavor. Change flavors or try vaping plain VG or PG for a day. The taste will come back after you take a break from it. I usually go back to my menthol for a day when this happens to give my buds a break. Works every time.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I too only got hints of flavors at first - then suddenly at week 5, yum! It still happens every now and again though, can't taste anything for a day or two. My suggestion would be to use the stronger flavors (coffee, cinnamon, menthols etc.) for now and keep trying the more subtle flavors as you go on - you will get a nice surprise soon